Hevi Metal Reviews?

Interact with others on shot gun shells, reloading, ballistics, chokes, or anything that has to do with your shooting.

Moderators: donell67, NV Guide, pennsyltucky, Ohio Wildfowler

Re: Hevi Metal Reviews?

Postby rebelcj7 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:34 am

Not a numbers nor pattern nerd... I will simply say that Hevi Metal GETS IT DONE. I have shot several hundred birds since August of last year, just like I do every year. Hevi Metal 3" BB's gets it done. Period. Point. Blank.
rebelcj7
hunter

Postby Frank Lopez » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:55 am

rebelcj7 wrote:Not a numbers nor pattern nerd...

Obviously! You're an EMI pimp! How much do they pay you to cruise shotgun forums and blatantly regurgitate their marketing BS? In the last 4 hours alone you've dug up several months old threads with the slightest whisper of EMI and posted how great you think these loads are without any indication as to why. Every single bit of evidence I've ever seen points to pure BS with respect to these hybrid EMI loadings (true HeviShot excepted.)

Time to put up or shut up. At least Shaun is a stand up guy about it.

Frank
I feel slightly sorry for a man who has never patterned his gun, who has no idea how far his chosen load will retain killing penetration. But I'm extremely sorry for the ducks he shoots at beyond the killing range of his gun and load - Bob Brister
Frank Lopez
hunter

Postby Bear47 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:08 pm

i like Hevi Metal and I have had lots of success with it. 3" #3's seem to be the best load and pattern out of my SBE II
it folds ducks out to 40yds.
However,as others have stated, it's pricey but you can catch it on sale per the case and get the rebate money which makes it more in line with high end steel loads.
Bear47
hunter

Postby rebelcj7 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:12 am

Frank Lopez wrote:

Time to put up or shut up.

What is there to "put up or shut up"? I get confused by your rambling post... see the post directly above this reply for the "put up or shut up"

Have a great day Mr. Lopez :thumbsup:
rebelcj7
hunter

Postby Yuchi1 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:40 am

rebelcj7 wrote:
Frank Lopez wrote:

What is there to "put up or shut up"? I get confused by your rambling post... see the post directly above this reply for the "put up or shut up"

The "point" is that you sir, are a blatant shill for the product and likely have a bias (free product?) that totally negates anything you publish as credible or truthful, IMO.
Sent from my Sumerian tablets

Does the number of bands claimed simply mean you have an Ebay account?

FSH Pro Staffer

High Potentate, NSSB (no spinning shotcup brotherhood)
Yuchi1
hunter

Postby rebelcj7 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:53 am

You're right, I'm biased in that I shoot hundreds of ducks and geese each year with Hevi Metal. :beer:
rebelcj7
hunter

Postby Yuchi1 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:01 am

rebelcj7 wrote:You're right, I'm biased in that I shoot hundreds of ducks and geese each year with Hevi Metal. :beer:

Are you getting HM product free or at a discount from the manufacturer?

FSH Pro Staffer

Yuchi1
hunter

Postby BKScripto » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:11 pm

Hevi Metal pattern like arse thru my gun, so I never used any in the field.
BKScripto
hunter

Postby Frank Lopez » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:09 pm

rebelcj7 wrote:
Frank Lopez wrote:

Then you are obviously easily confused. :lol3:

I find this interesting because a little more than half an hour after you posted this, you posted in the "Black Cloud or Hevi Metal" thread that:
rebelcj7 wrote:
SPatrick wrote:I have patterned almost every factory shell out there besides, hypersonics, blind side, and spectra. I usually do this about every other year just to keep up on info. I normally use both the factory chokes and Hevi Shot chokes for each shell.

Agreed...I will say I have patterned the hypers, bs and spectra as well. Like Shaun i'm sure, I pattern mine about every year especially when a new shells comes out to see if I am missing out on something, as of yet I have not missed out on any thing. I'm sure they are good shells as well as are great companies but patterns are negligibly better, if that, and can't see switching over to something that is just regular run of the mill steel. Hevi Metal has worked great for me for several years and will continue to do so.,

So, do you or don't you? Time to put up or shut up. :lol3:

Frank
I feel slightly sorry for a man who has never patterned his gun, who has no idea how far his chosen load will retain killing penetration. But I'm extremely sorry for the ducks he shoots at beyond the killing range of his gun and load - Bob Brister
Frank Lopez
hunter

Postby Yuchi1 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:08 pm

Yuchi1 wrote:
rebelcj7 wrote:You're right, I'm biased in that I shoot hundreds of ducks and geese each year with Hevi Metal. :beer:

The question still stands.

Perhaps, the silence speaketh volumes? :oops:

FSH Pro Staffer

Yuchi1
hunter

Postby rebelcj7 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:03 pm

Frank Lopez wrote:
rebelcj7 wrote:
Frank Lopez wrote:

Then you are obviously easily confused. :lol3:

I find this interesting because a little more than half an hour after you posted this, you posted in the "Black Cloud or Hevi Metal" thread that:
rebelcj7 wrote:
SPatrick wrote:I have patterned almost every factory shell out there besides, hypersonics, blind side, and spectra. I usually do this about every other year just to keep up on info. I normally use both the factory chokes and Hevi Shot chokes for each shell.

Agreed...I will say I have patterned the hypers, bs and spectra as well. Like Shaun i'm sure, I pattern mine about every year especially when a new shells comes out to see if I am missing out on something, as of yet I have not missed out on any thing. I'm sure they are good shells as well as are great companies but patterns are negligibly better, if that, and can't see switching over to something that is just regular run of the mill steel. Hevi Metal has worked great for me for several years and will continue to do so.,

So, do you or don't you? Time to put up or shut up. :lol3:

Frank

Your glasses and big computer screen confuse common sense... I do pattern them, however... I could care less if there is .0349304390439409340930943 more pellets in a 33043049304390430943 circle. If it looks good, no major holes or gap.. gtg.

Any other bright questions? :beer:
rebelcj7
hunter

Postby Frank Lopez » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:20 pm

rebelcj7 wrote:Your glasses and big computer screen confuse common sense... I do pattern them, however... I could care less if there is .0349304390439409340930943 more pellets in a 33043049304390430943 circle. If it looks good, no major holes or gap.. gtg.

Any other bright questions? :beer:

The only thing confusing common sense here is you. Why don't you enlighten us on what "looks good, no major holes or gap"?

Better yet, why not just keep quite. You do a great disservice to an already questionable product. Plus, you give honest pro staffers like Shaun look bad.

Frank
Frank Lopez
hunter

Postby goosepit2007 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:47 pm

Yuchi1 wrote:
Yuchi1 wrote:

goosepit2007
hunter

Postby hamernhonkers » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:35 pm

Yuchi1 wrote:
Yuchi1 wrote:

Yes Yes it dose. If he were to speak about the cost breaks and freebies he gets he would jeopardize his position as a prostaffer and lose that incentive :eek: Can't risk that ya know....................those HM shells are really very expensive to have to buy on your own at retail :wink:
Hello

David wrote:
I have suspended the suspension on the suspended, allowing the suspended to post in a non-suspending manner.
hamernhonkers
hunter

Postby Yuchi1 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:15 am

hamernhonkers wrote:
Yuchi1 wrote:
Yuchi1 wrote:

Yes Yes it dose. If he were to speak about the cost breaks and freebies he gets he would jeopardize his position as a prostaffer and lose that incentive :eek: Can't risk that ya know....................those HM shells are really very expensive to have to buy on your own at retail :wink:

At some point, you begin to wonder if he/this is really nothing more than a sockpuppet creation by someone else?

FSH Pro Staffer

Yuchi1
hunter

Postby On the X » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:39 pm

Don't ya just love how a couple blow hards in here (Frank Lopez, self appointed expert on everything that comes out of a shotgun muzzle, being the supreme leader and overlord) refuse to accept the fact that someone could actually have success with Hevi-metal shells? How dare anyone even think about coming into this room and defending their chosen shell of choice JUST as hard as you knock their chosen shell of choice. Seems like if you shoot what they don't agree with then it's GOT TO BE 'cause they pay you to....and you refer to EMI's marketing as BS, the BS in these threads is you. I look forward to your feeble attempt at be-littling Frank, if I find it entertaining I just may respond back. Rebel atleast hoped you a good day, me personally,I could care less what kind of day you have.
On the X
hunter

Postby Yuchi1 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:50 pm

On the X wrote:Don't ya just love how a couple blow hards in here (Frank Lopez, self appointed expert on everything that comes out of a shotgun muzzle, being the supreme leader and overlord) refuse to accept the fact that someone could actually have success with Hevi-metal shells? How dare anyone even think about coming into this room and pimping their chosen shell of choice JUST as hard as you knock their chosen shell of choice. Seems like if you shoot what they don't agree with then it's GOT TO BE 'cause they pay you to....and you refer to EMI's marketing as BS, the BS in these threads is you. I look forward to your feeble attempt at be-littling Frank, if I find it entertaining I just may respond back. Rebel atleast hoped you a good day, me personally,I could care less what kind of day you have.

Mr. X,

Speaking strictly about the dude you're so adamantly defending, all he has to do is fess up (one way or the other) if he is a Pro Staffer or otherwise, in bed with EMI (to whatever extent) and everyone would have a better fix on how to gauge his position/comments.

He stated patterns with HM are great, yet two regulars on here (Bug Doc & Joe Hunter) found out (and, published their findings) the stuff is basically, a high-priced spreader load.

Now, given the (current) Hevi Steel debacle in that EMI announced they were coming out with Hevi Steel (again) in printed media at the Shot Show however, when pressed, they are now (allegedly) admitting it is nothing more than regular steel pellets with some sort of whiz-bang shotcup.

How would you explain to a reasonable person that such behavior is not marketing gone to hell in a handbag?

FSH Pro Staffer

Yuchi1
hunter

Postby Frank Lopez » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:29 pm

On the X wrote:Don't ya just love how a couple blow hards in here (Frank Lopez, self appointed expert on everything that comes out of a shotgun muzzle, being the supreme leader and overlord) refuse to accept the fact that someone could actually have success with Hevi-metal shells? How dare anyone even think about coming into this room and defending their chosen shell of choice JUST as hard as you knock their chosen shell of choice. Seems like if you shoot what they don't agree with then it's GOT TO BE 'cause they pay you to....and you refer to EMI's marketing as BS, the BS in these threads is you. I look forward to your feeble attempt at be-littling Frank, if I find it entertaining I just may respond back. Rebel atleast hoped you a good day, me personally,I could care less what kind of day you have.

I've asked the man three times to put up or shut up. He's done neither. Every bit of evidence with these loads is contrary to his claims. To Yuchi's comment that two others have tested and posted their results, I'd add at least one other member, besides myself, has also patterned and analyzed these loads and also have come up with the same results. And Yuchi's suggestion that Hevi Metal is nothing but a high priced spreader load is pretty much on the mark. And as for the company's advertising, calling it BS is being kind. Given their past history, it's best to remember "caveat emptor".

Plainly put, the guy is a paid shill for EMI products. The evidence lies in that every one of his posts is a blatant commercial announcement for an EMI product!

Now, you have a nice day. :yes:

Frank
Frank Lopez
hunter

Postby On the X » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:54 pm

Yuchi1 wrote:
Mr. X,

Speaking strictly about the dude you're so adamantly defending, all he has to do is fess up (one way or the other) if he is a Pro Staffer or otherwise, in bed with EMI (to whatever extent) and everyone would have a better fix on how to gauge his position/comments.

I wasn't defending anyone, I was attacking somewhere in the area of three on here who think they deserve something from this fella who goes by Rebel, who in this world do y'all think you are that makes you deserving of anything from him, me or anyone else on the internet?
He stated patterns with HM are great, yet two regulars on here (Bug Doc & Joe Hunter) found out (and, published their findings) the stuff is basically, a high-priced spreader load.

Maybe great for him is not adequate for you, Bug Doc, Joe Hunter, or some cat called Frank Lopez, but if Rebel's happy, why should he care whether or not the likes of y'all aren't? I know I sure could care less and I haven't let it influence my decision making process. But hot damn if anyone disagrees with some of you. You should go back and read some of you're posts, and I think it was you who mentioned to Frank that he must be 16 years old....it's you and him acting like children, as a man I would be embaressed.
Now, given the (current) Hevi Steel debacle in that EMI announced they were coming out with Hevi Steel (again) in printed media at the Shot Show however, when pressed, they are now (allegedly) admitting it is nothing more than regular steel pellets with some sort of whiz-bang shotcup.

I figured this out ( new hevi-steel ) right off, that their trademark is "HEVI" so I knew it was in name only, no where did they mislead, but many, you included ,obviously mislead yourselves....and where and when were they "pressed", from all I've seen they told anyone who asked what the deal was.
How would you explain to a reasonable person that such behavior is not marketing gone to hell in a handbag?
This is meaningless to all the above unless you personally have a hardon for EMI which I personally don't.
On the X
hunter

Postby On the X » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:06 pm

Frank Lopez wrote:

I've asked the man three times to put up or shut up. He's done neither. Every bit of evidence with these loads is contrary to his claims. To Yuchi's comment that two others have tested and posted their results, I'd add at least one other member, besides myself, has also patterned and analyzed these loads and also have come up with the same results. And Yuchi's suggestion that Hevi Metal is nothing but a high priced spreader load is pretty much on the mark. And as for the company's advertising, calling it BS is being kind. Given their past history, it's best to remember "caveat emptor".

Plainly put, the guy is a paid shill for EMI products. The evidence lies in that every one of his posts is a blatant commercial announcement for an EMI product!

Now, you have a nice day. :yes:

Frank

This is a really simple question so it will probably go right over the top.... but who are you or a person going by Yuchi ,to demand something from someone going by Rebel....on the internet? Every bit of evidence is NOT contrary to his claims. I have formed my own opinions with this loading and I did it with MY evidence. You call him a "paid Shill", is SPatrick not the same? But SP bends for you all to an extent so you except him, no offence intended to SPatrick. But Rebel doesn't so y'all try your best to gang up and bully, not much of a gang though, more like children.
On the X
hunter

Postby SPatrick » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:05 pm

Not sure who yah are, but I don't BEND to anyone, you can ask all these guys, we have had numerous debates back and forth for the better part of 2 years, and now have a mutual respect for one another. So lets watch how you throw my name around.
Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
SPatrick
State Moderator

Postby goosepit2007 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:13 pm

SPatrick wrote:Not sure who yah are, but I don't BEND to anyone, you can ask all these guys, we have had numerous debates back and forth for the better part of 2 years, and now have a mutual respect for one another. So lets watch how you throw my name around.

Patrick,

Do you have some info on these new product the hevi-steel that was at the shot show as new product...is this the 10 density shot that was called heavi-steel back few years ago that was dropped. that was actually a good product with the smaller size shot...there was noticable differrence over regular steel with same shot sizes.

if could post the loads (with fps)and density of shot?
if it is regular steel pellets that has some speed to it the guys that do not like the spreader loads of the hevi metal loads this might be good choice for them. what kind of wad is going to be used in the loads?

thanks
goose
goosepit2007
hunter

Postby SPatrick » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:18 pm

Here is the info I got from our HQ and posted a few weeks back.

The new HEVI-Steel is straight steel, 7.8 gr/cc.
12 Ga. 3" 1500 1 1/4 BBB,BB,1,2,3,4.
12 Ga. 3 1/2" 1550 1 3/8 BBB,BB,1,2,3,4.
12 Ga. 2 3/4" 1500 1 1/8 1,2,3.
20 Ga. 3" 1400 1 1,2,3.
Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
SPatrick
State Moderator

Postby Frank Lopez » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:39 pm

Shaun,

Those 3 inch loadings in 1 1/4oz at 1500fps might be something to have a serious look at. Do you have any idea when they'll be available in stores?

Frank
Frank Lopez
hunter

Postby Yuchi1 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:58 pm

On the X wrote:
Yuchi1 wrote:
Mr. X,

I wasn't defending anyone, I was attacking somewhere in the area of three on here who think they deserve something from this fella who goes by Rebel, who in this world do y'all think you are that makes you deserving of anything from him, me or anyone else on the internet?

Maybe great for him is not adequate for you, Bug Doc, Joe Hunter, or some cat called Frank Lopez, but if Rebel's happy, why should he care whether or not the likes of y'all aren't? I know I sure could care less and I haven't let it influence my decision making process. But hot damn if anyone disagrees with some of you. You should go back and read some of you're posts, and I think it was you who mentioned to Frank that he must be 16 years old....it's you and him acting like children, as a man I would be embaressed.

I figured this out ( new hevi-steel ) right off, that their trademark is "HEVI" so I knew it was in name only, no where did they mislead, (Really?, then why would they label a regular steel product exactly the same as the original "heavier than steel" product?) but many, you included ,obviously mislead yourselves....and where and when were they "pressed", from all I've seen they told anyone who asked what the deal was.
This is meaningless to all the above unless you personally have a hardon for EMI which I personally don't.

I find your "defense" of this rebel cat "meaningless", unless, you have some vested connection with him/her? :rolleyes:

FSH Pro Staffer

Yuchi1
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Shotshell, Reloading, Ballistics, & Chokes