Hevi Metal Reviews?

Interact with others on shot gun shells, reloading, ballistics, chokes, or anything that has to do with your shooting.

Moderators: donell67, NV Guide, pennsyltucky, Ohio Wildfowler

Re: Hevi Metal Reviews?

Postby Yuchi1 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:30 pm

On the X wrote:
Frank Lopez wrote:

I've asked the man three times to put up or shut up. He's done neither. Every bit of evidence with these loads is contrary to his claims. To Yuchi's comment that two others have tested and posted their results, I'd add at least one other member, besides myself, has also patterned and analyzed these loads and also have come up with the same results. And Yuchi's suggestion that Hevi Metal is nothing but a high priced spreader load is pretty much on the mark. And as for the company's advertising, calling it BS is being kind. Given their past history, it's best to remember "caveat emptor".

Plainly put, the guy is a paid shill for EMI products. The evidence lies in that every one of his posts is a blatant commercial announcement for an EMI product!

Now, you have a nice day. :yes:

Frank

This is a really simple question so it will probably go right over the top.... but who are you or a person going by Yuchi ,to demand something from someone going by Rebel....on the internet? Every bit of evidence is NOT contrary to his claims. I have formed my own opinions with this loading and I did it with MY evidence. You call him a "paid Shill", is SPatrick not the same? But SP bends for you all to an extent so you except him, no offence intended to SPatrick. But Rebel doesn't so y'all try your best to gang up and bully, not much of a gang though, more like children.

Dude, Shaun is the only EMI representative that has been straightforward and candid with his positions and opinions as well as disclosures. We've vehemently disagreed on a couple of things but still managed to respect each other, at the end of the day.

This rebelcj7, wingseeker, et. al. on the other hand, only offer their Pavlovic regurgitations each and every time an EMI product is mentioned. After the 47th time, they start to have a detrimental effect on the product(s) they are pimping as a reasonable person would likely have doubt in placing creedence in the utterances of someone so (IMO) obtuse.

As far as EMI goes, I was one of the original "BETA" test bunch (over on WF.com) back in ~1998 that field tested some of the original EMI Hevi Shot, the "good" stuff. I still have a couple of those (translucent Cheddite roll-crimped hulls) shotshells in the gun safe, just for posterity. That product, along with the same when Remington was loading it (under license) and then the original Hevi Steel was the real deal when it came to killing waterfowl!

The marketing behavior of EMI subsequent to those products are where eyebrows started being raised. The alleged "mis-labelling" of product (HS "Goose", HS "Duck", et. al.) and now, labelling a "new" product with the "old" verbiage when it now appears (per Shaun's info) it is not the same has (IMO) done more harm to the company's reputation than can be repaired effectively. The sad thing is that it appears to be self-inflicted as simple disclosure(s) of what's really in play would have kept the original marketing culture well and working.

Even with all that, I also plan on purchasing a sample of this new product and running it against regular steel shotshells to see how things pan out. I just hope it doesn't turn out to be another gimmick like BS & BC product.

Now, I sincerely hope you feel better about all this as with you having registered 10 days ago and then charging in like the hockey team's enforcer to rescue poor Reb from your apparently percieved wrongdoing, is a little bit over the top and mildly suspicious, to say the least. :hi:
Sent from my Sumerian tablets

Does the number of bands claimed simply mean you have an Ebay account?

FSH Pro Staffer

High Potentate, NSSB (no spinning shotcup brotherhood)
Yuchi1
hunter

Postby On the X » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:52 pm

Now, I sincerely hope you feel better about all this as with you having registered 10 days ago and then charging in like the hockey team's enforcer to rescue poor Reb from your apparently percieved wrongdoing, is a little bit over the top and mildly suspicious, to say the least
. :hi:[/quote]
Yuchi, I didn't know you had a probation period before you were allowed to call an ass and ass. Regardless of how many days I've been registered I've read yours and Franks, mainly Franks, for a few years now. But you want me to tell you what may have sent me over the top? Two perceived grown men such as yourselves acting like school yard bully's because someone on the internet refused to answer your demands. You should have just given up and moved on but you couldn't do it. Instead you had to comment that the person going by Rebel was a "16YO". Surely you knew a minor couldn't rep for an Ammo company but you and Frank were getting your rocks off at his expense so you neglected this fact.
On the X
hunter

Postby Yuchi1 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:55 pm

On the X wrote:
Now, I sincerely hope you feel better about all this as with you having registered 10 days ago and then charging in like the hockey team's enforcer to rescue poor Reb from your apparently percieved wrongdoing, is a little bit over the top and mildly suspicious, to say the least
. :hi:

Yuchi, I didn't know you had a probation period before you were allowed to call an ass and ass. Regardless of how many days I've been registered I've read yours and Franks, mainly Franks, for a few years now. But you want me to tell you what may have sent me over the top? Two perceived grown men such as yourselves acting like school yard bully's because someone on the internet refused to answer your demands. You should have just given up and moved on but you couldn't do it. Instead you had to comment that the person going by Rebel was a "16YO". Surely you knew a minor couldn't rep for an Ammo company but you and Frank were getting your rocks off at his expense so you neglected this fact.[/quote]

So, you say reb is actually a 16YO? Personal knowledge?

As far as calling someone an ass, IMO, your actions/behavior speak far louder than any "words" I could type about you.

Some people don't need much time (probationary period) to illustrate which end of the horse they are.

:sarcmark:

FSH Pro Staffer

Yuchi1
hunter

Postby Yuchi1 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:02 pm

goosepit2007 wrote:
Yuchi1 wrote:
Yuchi1 wrote:
rebelcj7 wrote:You're right, I'm biased in that I shoot hundreds of ducks and geese each year with Hevi Metal. :beer:

Are you getting HM product free or at a discount from the manufacturer?

The question still stands.

Perhaps, the silence speaketh volumes? :oops:

This should become a "sticky" and pop up each and every time little Reb resurfaces.

Maybe, we could market this as a new gameboard? WhackaShill ? :wink:

FSH Pro Staffer

Yuchi1
hunter

Postby SPatrick » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:19 pm

Frank Lopez wrote:Shaun,

Those 3 inch loadings in 1 1/4oz at 1500fps might be something to have a serious look at. Do you have any idea when they'll be available in stores?

Frank

Frank,
I have no time line, however from the way EMI has shipped in the past, my money would be on sometime this summer.
Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
SPatrick
State Moderator

Postby On the X » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:23 pm

Yuchi1 wrote: You should have just given up and moved on but you couldn't do it. Instead you had to comment that the person going by Rebel was a "16YO". Surely you knew a minor couldn't rep for an Ammo company

So, you say reb is actually a 16YO? Personal knowledge?

From my quote above, your statement here is just, well just silly and extremely childish
As far as calling someone an ass, IMO, your actions/behavior speak far louder than any "words" I could type about you.

Read your post below this one, it pretty much explains your personality or lack there of
Some people don't need much time (probationary period) to illustrate which end of the horse they are.

read your post below again, the second time shows even more clearly your character shortcomings, you go straight from trying to twist my posts in a childish fashion to quoting another in childish fashion. Why can't men act like men anymore? You can now call me "dude" again, 'cause it's cool.
:sarcmark:[/quote]
On the X
hunter

Postby goosepit2007 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:13 pm

SPatrick wrote:
Frank Lopez wrote:Shaun,

Those 3 inch loadings in 1 1/4oz at 1500fps might be something to have a serious look at. Do you have any idea when they'll be available in stores?

Frank

Frank,
I have no time line, however from the way EMI has shipped in the past, my money would be on sometime this summer.

Patrick,

Thanks for posting the loads!! those should be good loads if they get published fps...are the wads going to be of normal make and not the winged wads like black cloud ect?

thanks
goose
Last edited by goosepit2007 on Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
goosepit2007
hunter

Postby SPatrick » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:26 pm

My money would be that they have normal wads, but I have been wrong numerous times before.
Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
SPatrick
State Moderator

Postby goosepit2007 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:37 pm

i will be watching for my jobbers to get them in and order some in as soon as they hit the market and get to testing them. over the reloads that i am using know and compair notes from the other manufactures for pattern wise ect.

regular wads would be alot better and those speeds are easy to achieve reloading! so do not see why not manufactures can not do the same..

goose
goosepit2007
hunter

Postby Yuchi1 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:55 am

On the X wrote:
. :hi:

Yuchi, I didn't know you had a probation period before you were allowed to call an ass and ass. Regardless of how many days I've been registered I've read yours and Franks, mainly Franks, for a few years now. But you want me to tell you what may have sent me over the top? Two perceived grown men such as yourselves acting like school yard bully's because someone on the internet refused to answer your demands. You should have just given up and moved on but you couldn't do it. Instead you had to comment that the person going by Rebel was a "16YO". Surely you knew a minor couldn't rep for an Ammo company but you and Frank were getting your rocks off at his expense so you neglected this fact.[/quote]

With ~19 pages of Pro-Staffers on the tit, heck, half this board could be these cats!* :rolleyes:

Makes one wonder if this is (IMO) a significant cost factor to the retail price?

* http://www.hevishot.com/index.php?optio ... &Itemid=74

http://www.hevishot.com/index.php?optio ... mitstart=0

FSH Pro Staffer

Yuchi1
hunter

Postby SPatrick » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:36 pm

Last edited by SPatrick on Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
SPatrick
State Moderator

Postby Yuchi1 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:46 pm

Shaun,

As I've stated before, you are the only (EMI Pro Staffer) one that (IMO) is a straight shooter.

If (as in some cases & am not saying it is definitely so in this instance) a Pro Staffer gets "points" for each post, it would likely go a long way in explaining why some Pro Staffers come on and whore themselves out with infomercial type posts.

Then, when they get called out, turtle up (back at their own site) and enlist the help of a fellow Pro Staffer to run interference.

Happens every day on the www. Does that make it right?

FSH Pro Staffer

Yuchi1
hunter

Postby On the X » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:04 pm

I'm not a pro-staffer, free stuff would be good but having to come on sites like this wouldn't be fun at all.
On the X
hunter

Postby lostknife4 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:08 pm

I'm with Frank and the rest of the truthful, knowledgable, sportsmen calling it like it is fraternity. St Patrick included.
Lost
Last edited by lostknife4 on Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It's not the game but the chase ~ not the trophy but the race !" from my Dad, many years ago.
lostknife4
hunter

Postby hamernhonkers » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:26 pm

Shaun,

How can you call yourself a prostaffer with only 5 bands on your lanyard and no black EMI hoodie on :eek:

You so need to be canned if you can't live up to the reputation man :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :lol3: :lol3:
Hello

David wrote:
I have suspended the suspension on the suspended, allowing the suspended to post in a non-suspending manner.
hamernhonkers
hunter

Postby SPatrick » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:28 pm

lol im plucking away like a poor man, 5 goose and 2 ducks you cant see in the pics. I do have 2 black hevi shot hoodies that get worn alot while hunting, just not on that particular one lol. Back when I was in college my buddies and I would shoot around 500 - 700 ducks a year collectively for roughly 5 years, in that span we shot all of 2 duck bands at that spot. My 1 band for every 150 ducks is way off. I have 0 band mojo. I never saw a honker band until about 3 years ago and got really lucky for a few years and we were shooting almost a band a hunt. As you can see I don't win many flips.
Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
SPatrick
State Moderator

Postby SPatrick » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:32 pm

lostknife4 wrote:I'm with Frank and the rest of the truthful, knowledgable, sportsmen calling it like it is fraternity. St Patrick included.
Lost

I'm a Fraternity man from college (Alpha Tau Omega) and water fowling is for sure a fraternity. Tough to understand the bond among water fowlers. Like I said I am very lucky and get to hunt all over the place, whats always funny is you can always tell a waterfowlers truck, Messy as heII with coffee cups and spitters everywhere, and at least two pairs of binocs in the front console lol.
Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
SPatrick
State Moderator

Postby SPatrick » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:40 pm

These may keep my street cred alive. Here are a few Hevi shot hoodies, and one of them is actually a patterning pic!!!!! :thumbsup:
Attachments
1488015_10100752416807792_1387399156_n.jpg
409498_10100122402716082_1227582849_n.jpg
Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
SPatrick
State Moderator

Postby Yuchi1 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:56 pm

SPatrick wrote:
lostknife4 wrote:I'm with Frank and the rest of the truthful, knowledgable, sportsmen calling it like it is fraternity. St Patrick included.
Lost

I'm a Fraternity man from college ( Alpha Tau Omega ) and water fowling is for sure a fraternity. Tough to understand the bond among water fowlers. Like I said I am very lucky and get to hunt all over the place, whats always funny is you can always tell a waterfowlers truck, Messy as heII with coffee cups and spitters everywhere, and at least two pairs of binocs in the front console lol.

I knew there was something about you... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Theta Eta
UNA '74

FSH Pro Staffer

Yuchi1
hunter

Postby SPatrick » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:36 am

Hey!!!!!
Kappa theta
Eastern Illinois university 06
L/R
Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
SPatrick
State Moderator

Postby hamernhonkers » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:54 am

SPatrick wrote:These may keep my street cred alive. Here are a few Hevi shot hoodies, and one of them is actually a patterning pic!!!!! :thumbsup:

Ya know if you would of just used good old plain round steel instead of those overpriced spreader loads you probably would of killed a full limit of geese instead of just one apiece :hammer: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

Well the hoodie fits now just how to get the band count up on that lanyard :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Your a good sport Shaun and I would have no problem sharing a blind with you even if you were shooting that crap hevi metal :beer:
Hello

David wrote:
I have suspended the suspension on the suspended, allowing the suspended to post in a non-suspending manner.
hamernhonkers
hunter

Postby SPatrick » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:47 am

lol I got my 2 that day I was happy!!!! Like I said, I got no band mojo man lol. Im due for a big payoff one of these years :yes: . :beer:
Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
SPatrick
State Moderator

Postby Yuchi1 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:14 pm

SPatrick wrote:lol I got my 2 that day I was happy!!!! Like I said, I got no band mojo man lol. Im due for a big payoff one of these years :yes: . :beer:

Ha! That Hevi Metal is a well known band repellant! :yes:

I'll send you some fast steel handloads for the band work! :thumbsup:

FSH Pro Staffer

Yuchi1
hunter

Hevi Metal Reviews?

Postby Frylock » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:59 pm

On the X wrote:
Frank Lopez wrote:

I've asked the man three times to put up or shut up. He's done neither. Every bit of evidence with these loads is contrary to his claims. To Yuchi's comment that two others have tested and posted their results, I'd add at least one other member, besides myself, has also patterned and analyzed these loads and also have come up with the same results. And Yuchi's suggestion that Hevi Metal is nothing but a high priced spreader load is pretty much on the mark. And as for the company's advertising, calling it BS is being kind. Given their past history, it's best to remember "caveat emptor".

Plainly put, the guy is a paid shill for EMI products. The evidence lies in that every one of his posts is a blatant commercial announcement for an EMI product!

Now, you have a nice day. :yes:

Frank

This is a really simple question so it will probably go right over the top.... but who are you or a person going by Yuchi ,to demand something from someone going by Rebel....on the internet? Every bit of evidence is NOT contrary to his claims. I have formed my own opinions with this loading and I did it with MY evidence. You call him a "paid Shill", is SPatrick not the same? But SP bends for you all to an extent so you except him, no offence intended to SPatrick. But Rebel doesn't so y'all try your best to gang up and bully, not much of a gang though, more like children.

I think it's a valid question to ask. Most of us come to DHC to share info and learn from each other, information that hopefully is honest and sincere, not financially biased. I personally do not care either way as I tend to listen to those folks who provide data and conclusions from real life testing and patterning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Frylock
hunter

Previous

Return to Shotshell, Reloading, Ballistics, & Chokes