Put up... or Shut up?

Interact with others on shot gun shells, reloading, ballistics, chokes, or anything that has to do with your shooting.

Moderators: donell67, Ohio Wildfowler, NV Guide, pennsyltucky

Put up... or Shut up?

Postby rebelcj7 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:08 am

You got it dearest Mr. Lopez and Yuchi :thumbsup:

rebelcj7
hunter

Re: Put up... or Shut up?

Postby rebelcj7 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:08 am

Need more?
Ok..
rebelcj7
hunter

Postby rebelcj7 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:10 am

Need pics from the other 100 or so hunts from this past season? Nah, won't bore myself with em. I probably kill more ducks in 2 months then you will in your lifetime, so there's the put up... so now you can shut up.

:beer:
rebelcj7
hunter

Postby steelshotshooter » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:28 am

YOU DA MAN!!!

Most excellent!!!
By HIS stripes, we are healed...
steelshotshooter
hunter

Postby Ukcatshunter » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:58 am

Umm ok?
Ukcatshunter
hunter

Postby MarkM » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:10 am

I may be wrong, but I believe they were wanting to see pictures of patterns you claimed were better with HM than anything else...
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....

:lol3: I am!
MarkM
hunter

Postby Sagebrush » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:20 am

Who needs patterns ..............

when you can see the results !!

"My pattern is way better than yours.." ... " naa, Na, na, Naaaaa, na........"

Got to love it.
Sagebrush
hunter

Postby Yuchi1 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:21 am

MarkM wrote:I may be wrong, but I believe they were wanting to see pictures of patterns you claimed were better with HM than anything else...

Yep, that and for him to confirm/deny he was/is a EMI Pro Staffer.

Instead, David apparently likes showing pics of a tailgate loaded with spoonies shot with "X" loads and, by "X" person(s)? :eek:
Sent from my Sumerian tablets

Does the number of bands claimed simply mean you have an Ebay account?

FSH Pro Staffer

High Potentate, NSSB (no spinning shotcup brotherhood)
Yuchi1
hunter

Postby Ukcatshunter » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:28 am

Why anyone gets "tore up" over an Internet forum is beyond me.
Ukcatshunter
hunter

Postby Yuchi1 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:29 am

Ukcatshunter wrote:Why anyone gets "tore up" over an Internet forum is beyond me.

I reckon his shorts got all wadded up when he was called out for being a "closet" Pro Staffer and pimping product (w/o disclosure) to get post count points. :no:

FSH Pro Staffer

Yuchi1
hunter

Postby dog walker » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:41 am

Wow so those pics really prove that Hevi whatever is better than steel how? I've got pics from hunts and none of them with Hevi ,it doesn't prove that what I was shooting is more or less effective than another type of shot it just shows we killed some birds that day.

So basically I'm saying that if you shoot birds under 40 yards and plain ole 10 dollar a box steel works then why spend twice as much money for the same results? I'll never shoot it because I run through several cases a year, I cannot justify the extra expense for something that doesn't kill birds any deader than what I'm using now at normal ranges.
Last edited by dog walker on Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
dog walker
hunter

Postby MarkM » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:42 am

Sagebrush wrote:Who needs patterns ..............

Got to love it.

I can show results with plain old steel and no patterns, but I don't go promoting a product every 1/2 second on here :thumbsup:
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....

:lol3: I am!
MarkM
hunter

Postby goosepit2007 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:07 pm

pictures of dead ducks/geese means nothing really. The worst patterning loads of steel,hevi,heavy weight, bismuth,e-shot ect can kill drt when a guy is getting ducks and geese into decoys point blank.

what yuchi and frank are saying that the loads are spreader loads and by 40 yards the smaller pellets are getting to be out of the picture(pattern core) and the steel shot is taking over the middle of the patterns.
I have found the same to be true and have tested hevi-metal that i baught and hevi-metal loads that was left after the hunters left them in blind. mainlly because i handed them reloads of steel so they can try a good load of steel..some keep shooting the hevi metal after few flocks have been shot at but alot keep shooting the reloads of steel and leave left over hevi-metal in the pit ect at end of hunt.

the price increase over regular steel loads for shots 40 yards and less is hard to chew for alot of duck/goose hunters when they get drt and great patterns with regular steel loads out to 40 yards. especially when steel has plenty of energy at 40 yards and less even down to #4 steel shot with great patterns.
goosepit2007
hunter

Postby Bug Doc » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:14 pm

rebelcj7 wrote:You got it dearest Mr. Lopez and Yuchi :thumbsup:

Yawn...

Really want to impress us? Show us patterns that demonstrate that Hevi-Metal outperforms regular steel loads.
Bug Doc
hunter

Postby aclumpkin » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:18 pm

goosepit2007 wrote:what yuchi and frank are saying that the loads are spreader loads and by 40 yards the smaller pellets are getting to be out of the picture(pattern core) and the steel shot is taking over the middle of the patterns.
I have found the same to be true and have tested hevi-metal that i baught and hevi-metal loads that was left after the hunters left them in blind.

x2... I have found the same thing. I tried Hevi Metal in the field (lack of options at the store) and was crippling a lot of passing birds. I took the remaining shells to the patterning board. I couldn't get above a ~50% pattern at 40 yards with four different chokes. Of course every gun is different so if it patterns well for you, then go for it.
When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid.
aclumpkin
hunter

Postby mudpack » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:37 pm

rebelcj7 wrote: I probably kill more ducks in 2 months then you will in your lifetime, so there's

"Bold talk from a one-eyed fat man."

Somebody said something like that once, and it came to mind reading that post.
mudpack
hunter

Postby TimeMachine » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:57 pm

Didn't bother reading any of the post and was only mildly interested in the pictures. But I can't let a good testosterone thread go by and not be on it.
Signature???....We don't need no stinking signature
TimeMachine
hunter

Postby Yuchi1 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:06 pm

dog walker wrote:Wow so those pics really prove that Hevi whatever is better than steel how? I've got pics from hunts and none of them with Hevi ,it doesn't prove that what I was shooting is more or less effective than another type of shot it just shows we killed some birds that day.

So basically I'm saying that if you shoot birds under 40 yards and plain ole 10 dollar a box steel works then why spend twice as much money for the same results? I'll never shoot it because I run through several cases a year, I cannot justify the extra expense for something that doesn't kill birds any deader than what I'm using now at normal ranges.

Yep, however, you won't get the Hevi Du Jour free/discounted either. :yes:

FSH Pro Staffer

Yuchi1
hunter

Postby Yuchi1 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:09 pm

mudpack wrote:
rebelcj7 wrote: I probably kill more ducks in 2 months then you will in your lifetime, so there's

"Bold talk from a one-eyed fat man."

Somebody said something like that once, and it came to mind reading that post.

Or, as they say in Tennessee... "a lot of wind blowing, no trees bending" ... :biggrin:

FSH Pro Staffer

Yuchi1
hunter

Postby rebelcj7 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:40 pm

Sagebrush wrote:Who needs patterns ..............

Got to love it.

rebelcj7
hunter

Postby On the X » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:43 pm

Whats wrong with having an effective "spreader load" at 40+ yards? Why is "center of the pattern" the most crucial issue? If your target requires swing through and lead, with all the variances in the equation from your end to target and everything in between....just how often is "the center of the pattern" going to be online with target? If your target is "hanging out front", knowing that the target is still under some form of motion, and with all the variances in this equation from your end to target....I ask again, whats wrong with an effective "spreader load" at 40+ yards? The answer is nothing is wrong with a "spreader load" at 40+ yards.
On the X
hunter

Postby cannon » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:25 pm

rebelcj7 wrote:I probably kill more ducks in 2 months then you will in your lifetime, so there's the put up...

Is that a general assumption regarding all forum members, or was it pointed in a specific direction? If there's a wager at stake here, I might wanna get in on some of that action.
Smell that? Smells like sumthin died in here.
cannon
hunter

Location: At the stop sign in the ditch at Byers Farm, unlocking the gate.

Postby Yuchi1 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:55 pm

On the X wrote:Whats wrong with having an effective "spreader load" at 40+ yards? Why is "center of the pattern" the most crucial issue? If your target requires swing through and lead, with all the variances in the equation from your end to target and everything in between....just how often is "the center of the pattern" going to be online with target? If your target is "hanging out front", knowing that the target is still under some form of motion, and with all the variances in this equation from your end to target....I ask again, whats wrong with an effective "spreader load" at 40+ yards? The answer is nothing is wrong with a "spreader load" at 40+ yards.

Because...had you truly examined Bug Doc's patterns and/or looked at Joe Hunter's posted pattern findings you would know this load is "good" to ~30 yards (especially for those that have subpar wingshooting skills) and basically a crippler at 40+ yards. :fingerpt:

FSH Pro Staffer

Yuchi1
hunter

Postby Yuchi1 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:58 pm

cannon wrote:
rebelcj7 wrote:I probably kill more ducks in 2 months then you will in your lifetime, so there's the put up...

Is that a general assumption regarding all forum members, or was it pointed in a specific direction? If there's a wager at stake here, I might wanna get in on some of that action.

Watch out "C", you're calling out a real passive/aggressive internet badass dude. :eek:

http://www.hevishot.com/index.php?optio ... &Itemid=74

http://www.waterfowltalk.com/

FSH Pro Staffer

Yuchi1
hunter

Postby Frank Lopez » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:40 pm

The general consensus seems to be that this thread has turned around a bit ole rebel in the butt. :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

You were called on tow posts about patterning (among other things). On one, you said you didn't bother with patterns. On the other, you indicated differently. What we want is to see those patterns. Or at least some numbers and how you analyze them.

As has been stated, these loads just don't stand up to scrutiny. At least any that I've seen, including my own and that of three other posters on these forums. In every instance, the result was the same. And the result, by the way, was fairly typical of any duplex loading.

Wanna try again, Reb?

Frank
I feel slightly sorry for a man who has never patterned his gun, who has no idea how far his chosen load will retain killing penetration. But I'm extremely sorry for the ducks he shoots at beyond the killing range of his gun and load - Bob Brister
Frank Lopez
hunter

Next

Return to Shotshell, Reloading, Ballistics, & Chokes