Put up... or Shut up?

Interact with others on shot gun shells, reloading, ballistics, chokes, or anything that has to do with your shooting.

Moderators: donell67, NV Guide, pennsyltucky, Ohio Wildfowler

Re: Put up... or Shut up?

Postby cannon » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:51 pm

hamernhonkers wrote:
Gj325 wrote:
Yuchi1 wrote:
Gj325 wrote:
CaptainWv wrote:Why did this turn into such a huge pissing contest? Its no different than saying Chevy is better than ford, or Coors Light instead of bud light , or blonde over brunettes. The thing is you shoot what you shoot for reason, maybe your gny patterns better, maybe your more confident in whatever shot you shoot... Lets grow up a little and act like men, instead of middle schoolers on the play ground.

This may be best post of thread.
A lot of us come to a forum like this to learn get reviews from hunters who have use this or that product.
Yes I like hearing that some love or hate the shell. I take it all in then decide if I want to try a product. We all hunt in differnt areas but we all want success. But in the end we all choose by free will

Thanks for all the helpful input for ones who put it there for new guys like me to review.

G,

IMO, the animosity in this thread derived it's basis of the fact there were EMI Pro Staffers jacking up their post point count (to get credit/benefits with the HQ) w/o disclosing their relationship. Their incessant shilling incurred the ire of people that know better and things soon degenerated into a urination festival. The message that was lost is to shoot whatever you want however, at least disclose your commercial bias, up front so everyone can then weigh your opinion(s) accordingly.

Oh don't get me wrong I want to hear all sides so I can make a choice. But DHC seems to get pretty personal I haven't been here long enough to tell if its all in good fun not sure of really who is who. I just know from owning Porsche cars and being on Porsche and Ferrari forums. I thought they got at each other hard sometimes. Man they can't hold DHC a candle.

One thing for sure never talk about using Hevi Metal at the Chicago Hole that would be death sentence. :fingerpt: :thumbsup:

If you think this is bad then I dare you to put a post in the shotgun form saying Benelli is the best shotgun ever :thumbsup:

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk

. . . or that 20's are just as effective for ducks & geese as are 12's. Or even better, slide over to the honey hole and ask guys why it is that some folks think it's okay to shoot group limits.

Gotta wear the thick skin around here . . . that's for sure.
Smell that? Smells like sumthin died in here.
cannon
hunter

Location: At the stop sign in the ditch at Byers Farm, unlocking the gate.

Postby hamernhonkers » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:12 pm

cannon wrote:
hamernhonkers wrote:
Gj325 wrote:
Yuchi1 wrote:
Gj325 wrote:
CaptainWv wrote:Why did this turn into such a huge pissing contest? Its no different than saying Chevy is better than ford, or Coors Light instead of bud light , or blonde over brunettes. The thing is you shoot what you shoot for reason, maybe your gny patterns better, maybe your more confident in whatever shot you shoot... Lets grow up a little and act like men, instead of middle schoolers on the play ground.

This may be best post of thread.
A lot of us come to a forum like this to learn get reviews from hunters who have use this or that product.
Yes I like hearing that some love or hate the shell. I take it all in then decide if I want to try a product. We all hunt in differnt areas but we all want success. But in the end we all choose by free will

Thanks for all the helpful input for ones who put it there for new guys like me to review.

G,

IMO, the animosity in this thread derived it's basis of the fact there were EMI Pro Staffers jacking up their post point count (to get credit/benefits with the HQ) w/o disclosing their relationship. Their incessant shilling incurred the ire of people that know better and things soon degenerated into a urination festival. The message that was lost is to shoot whatever you want however, at least disclose your commercial bias, up front so everyone can then weigh your opinion(s) accordingly.

Oh don't get me wrong I want to hear all sides so I can make a choice. But DHC seems to get pretty personal I haven't been here long enough to tell if its all in good fun not sure of really who is who. I just know from owning Porsche cars and being on Porsche and Ferrari forums. I thought they got at each other hard sometimes. Man they can't hold DHC a candle.

One thing for sure never talk about using Hevi Metal at the Chicago Hole that would be death sentence. :fingerpt: :thumbsup:

If you think this is bad then I dare you to put a post in the shotgun form saying Benelli is the best shotgun ever :thumbsup:

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk

. . . or that 20's are just as effective for ducks & geese as are 12's. Or even better, slide over to the honey hole and ask guys why it is that some folks think it's okay to shoot group limits.

Gotta wear the thick skin around here . . . that's for sure.

Hey now when you post that get it right.................20's are more effective then a 12, right Mudpack, Jeff :tongue: :tongue: :thumbsup:
Hello

David wrote:
I have suspended the suspension on the suspended, allowing the suspended to post in a non-suspending manner.
hamernhonkers
hunter

Postby Beretta06 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:30 pm

Truth be told! What gave me the idea to back off on payload a couple years ago was sitting in a blind with 2 juniors on juniors hunting weekend the weekend after the regular season. I watched to kids fill limits with 20 ga 7/8 oz and 15/16 oz of #3s and #4s. Like they had been doing it for 30 years. Big ducks and small ducks. I wouldn't knock the 20ga.

Dwight
Beretta06
hunter

Postby 3200 man » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:07 pm

Go light and fast....or ....live in Texas ! Is that what I'm hearing ? Why do BBBenelli owners believe very thing they read ?

With a 50/50 chance of a pellet to the head and loading more powder than you need , please tell me why ? :huh: :yes:
3200 man
hunter

Postby Yuchi1 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:49 pm

I shudda stayed with the violin practice....

Charlie Daniels would have been standing on Union Ave. with a cardboard sign.
Sent from my Sumerian tablets

Does the number of bands claimed simply mean you have an Ebay account?

FSH Pro Staffer

High Potentate, NSSB (no spinning shotcup brotherhood)
Yuchi1
hunter

Postby mudpack » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:55 am

hamernhonkers wrote:Hey now when you post that get it right.................20's are more effective then a 12, right Mudpack, Jeff

Suuuuuure they are................... :lol3:

...and 28's are more effective than 20's, and .410's are more effective than 28's. :thumbsup:

And the poor 10 gauge is the least effective of 'em all.

:smile:
mudpack
hunter

Postby 3200 man » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:38 am

OH Yea ! With MUD in your eye , there is a lot of Violin playing on the forum ! Yep , your right ! :lol:
3200 man
hunter

Previous

Return to Shotshell, Reloading, Ballistics, & Chokes