Kent fast steel

Interact with others on shot gun shells, reloading, ballistics, chokes, or anything that has to do with your shooting.

Moderators: donell67, NV Guide, pennsyltucky, Ohio Wildfowler

Re: Kent fast steel

Postby Honk-n-quack » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:11 pm

I coat the primer and the crimp with clear nail polish and it works like a dream
Honk-n-quack
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:39 am

Over all an outstanding shell for duck hunting. At this level you can buy them and go...

To find the brand that patterns best though? It never will hurt to confirm what your gun can do with them.
All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby mudpack » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:05 am

I've only shot Kents one time: was in Canada, my shells were in another truck, and we found some ducks on a slough on a scouting run. The guy I was with only had a box of Kents. We shot them up, and I was highly impressed at the way they brought down some very tall wigeon.
Guess I wasn't impressed enough to buy some of my own though........... maybe because they aren't easy to come by around here and when they are, they are priced well above my favorite Remingtons. I can see why guys like their performance.
mudpack
hunter

Postby 3200 man » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:41 am

Mudpack

I believe those Kents are shipped to the far East and Far West and by the time they get to the MID WEST , they're gone ?

It's to bad we can only tell you , how good they are............ :lol: :thumbsup: Keep Looking though ! :lol3:
3200 man
hunter

Postby ibedamn » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:49 pm

Kent is about all I've shot the last two years. Patterns good, with no problems, and it will kill ducks as good as any I've ever shot.
ibedamn
hunter

Postby CaptainWv » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:52 pm

mudpack wrote:I've only shot Kents one time: was in Canada, my shells were in another truck, and we found some ducks on a slough on a scouting run. The guy I was with only had a box of Kents. We shot them up, and I was highly impressed at the way they brought down some very tall wigeon.
Guess I wasn't impressed enough to buy some of my own though........... maybe because they aren't easy to come by around here and when they are, they are priced well above my favorite Remingtons. I can see why guys like their performance.

Ill buy you a couple cases and ship them to you.. Small handlers fee of course :hi:
CaptainWv
hunter

Postby aclumpkin » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:04 pm

I was shooting BC with my last shotgun but when I bought my new A400, Kent Fasteel #1's 3" 1.25oz patterned extremely well with the Trulock chokes I tried. When I tried the load in the field, I was amazed at the results in a very good way. Going forward I will stick with that Fasteel load until I have some reason to change. Given the quality of the Kent's I cut open and examined, I don't see that happening.
Some people just need a high-five.
In the face.
With a chair.
aclumpkin
hunter

Postby mudpack » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:02 am

CaptainWv wrote:
mudpack wrote:I've only shot Kents one time: ..... I can see why guys like their performance.

Ill buy you a couple cases and ship them to you.. Small handlers fee of course :hi:

I'll pay a small fee for those cases, Wv. PM me and I'll give you my address. :thumbsup:
mudpack
hunter

Postby Duck_Popper » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:54 am

3" #3's all season !
Duck Popper: Congrats man and guess you need to change your name to "Duck Poppa"

"I only want three things out of a shotgun. Boom,Boom,Boom!" _The Duck Commander
Duck_Popper
hunter

Postby kcwellington » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:53 am

3200 man wrote:OK , this is mine ! You would see , a Kent 3" 1 1/4 oz of 3's or 1's will kill every legal bird dead as far as you should be
shooting ! And , after a good day of hunting with all the different birds Ducks and Geese you limited out with , you will
be glad that your shooting was so good ( that day ) because , you didn't take the pounding of 3 1/2" shells .

EXACTLY!! (and you will still have money left to buy a biscuit) :thumbsup:
kcwellington
hunter

Previous

Return to Shotshell, Reloading, Ballistics, & Chokes