Scored a New (to me) Sizemaster

Interact with others on shot gun shells, reloading, ballistics, chokes, or anything that has to do with your shooting.

Moderators: donell67, Ohio Wildfowler, NV Guide, pennsyltucky

Scored a New (to me) Sizemaster

Postby cannon » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:24 pm

Grabbed it off Gunbroker for a pretty light price. Looks like a brand new one & came in original box with 2 charge bars, all the accessories, and a tube of MEC anti-seize lube. Win. Gonna set her up on the new bench at the compound next to the progressive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Smell that? Smells like sumthin died in here.
cannon
hunter

Location: At the stop sign in the ditch at Byers Farm, unlocking the gate.

Re: Scored a New (to me) Sizemaster

Postby Gcdhunter » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:53 pm

sweet looking bench. I'm working on building one right now in my dungeon basement. Thanks you have given me some ideas
I hate goose poop on my golf course
Gcdhunter
hunter

Postby cannon » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:20 pm

Gcdhunter wrote:sweet looking bench. I'm working on building one right now in my dungeon basement. Thanks you have given me some ideas

Thanks, bro. I used to load at my office . . .

At home, I use a Harbor Freight bench . . .

When I built this latest, I went for cheap & heavy. It's 8' long and is 3/4" birch ply over 3/4" sturdi-floor ply over 2x4's on 12" centers, lag bolted to 4x4's and to the wall. Grand total, I've got less than $300 in it, and though not the prettiest thing I've done, I wouldn't flinch at parking my truck on it.

cannon
hunter

Postby 3200 man » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:26 am

Wow that's a good score , for loading 3" ?

A true investment :thumbsup: OH Yea , good job on the bench ! I'm jealous of you design :yes:
3200 man
hunter

Postby Gcdhunter » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:45 am

cannon wrote:
Gcdhunter wrote:sweet looking bench. I'm working on building one right now in my dungeon basement. Thanks you have given me some ideas

Thanks, bro. I used to load at my office . . .

At home, I use a Harbor Freight bench . . .

When I built this latest, I went for cheap & heavy. It's 8' long and is 3/4" birch ply over 3/4" sturdi-floor ply over 2x4's on 12" centers, lag bolted to 4x4's and to the wall. Grand total, I've got less than $300 in it, and though not the prettiest thing I've done, I wouldn't flinch at parking my truck on it.

I will also go cheap but sturdy. I've got a 3/4" sheet of oak ply that should be perfect for the top. I like the way you did your shelves they to look very sturdy. Was going to hang mine off the wall but your construction may prove stronger. Gonna start a thread on this topic
I hate goose poop on my golf course
Gcdhunter
hunter

Postby cannon » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:48 am

3200 man wrote:Wow that's a good score , for loading 3" ?

A true investment :thumbsup: OH Yea , good job on the bench ! I'm jealous of you design :yes:

Yeah. I already have a couple steel masters & a 20 gauge size master. The PW will load 3", but it is a pain in the butt to set up.

I saw this one for $165, and it occurred to me that it would be nice to keep both steel masters at home, with one set up for 2.75" & the other for 3". I'll put this one on the new bench for hand loads.
cannon
hunter

Postby Rob MacK » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:39 am

Is that all nickel plated??? I have not seen that before. Sounds like a great deal.

Rob
Baikal-MP-153.....The other, other "B" gun.
Rob MacK
hunter

Postby cannon » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:06 pm

Rob MacK wrote:Is that all nickel plated??? I have not seen that before. Sounds like a great deal.

Rob

Chrome or nickel or something. Says Wisconsin High School Shoot on it. Came from a Wisconsin seller on GB.
cannon
hunter

Postby Super X 3 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:14 am

Cannon

Do you have problems with the sizemasters bulging the bottom of your hulls? My steelmaster will not de-primer a hull without bulging the flat base.

I've tried everything to center but it still does it.
Cupped-Up and Committed.
Super X 3
hunter

Postby cannon » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:13 am

Super X 3 wrote:Cannon

Do you have problems with the sizemasters bulging the bottom of your hulls? My steelmaster will not de-primer a hull without bulging the flat base.

I haven't noticed it, but that doesn't mean it ain't happening. You may have your collet screwed down too tight. You can flip the machine and back the nut off underneath and unscrew the collet a bit. Dunno if it will help.
cannon
hunter

Postby DoubleDutchChuck » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:42 pm

I use 3 sizemasters and one steelmaster and have never experienced this problem in 20+ years. I can only see two possible causes for this. First one being, if the deprime punch is possibly set too low and is pushing the brass bottom of the hull. The second possible cause would be the collet resizer. If the collet is set to resize too small, it may be squeezing the brass rim of the hull and causing it to bulge. Or the collet doesn't meet specs and is incorrect in size dimensions. Just an opinion.............
"Listen to those Whispering Wings"
DoubleDutchChuck
hunter

Postby lostknife4 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:53 pm

Inside the base of the collet is a tube about 3" long with a flange on one end that the hull sits on. That tube may be missing from your collet sizer. I couldn't find the parts breakdown on the Net but this exploded parts view is almost the same from a Sizemaster.
Lost

Item # 5
"It's not the game but the chase ~ not the trophy but the race !" from my Dad, many years ago.
lostknife4
hunter

Postby cannon » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:50 pm

lostknife4 wrote:

Inside the base of the collet is a tube about 3" long with a flange on one end that the hull sits on. That tube may be missing from your collet sizer. I couldn't find the parts breakdown on the Net but this exploded parts view is almost the same from a Sizemaster.
Lost

Item # 5

This is highly possible. Good thought, lost. I can remember putting my first Steelmaster together and seeing that thing lying in the bottom of the box. Took me an hour to figure out where it went.

The new Sizemaster ain't as fluid as my older ones. Upstroke is rough and the primer feed needs some work. Just doesn't have the new knocked off of it yet.
cannon
hunter

Postby DoubleDutchChuck » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:07 pm

lostknife4 wrote:

Lost

Item # 5

+1
That could easily be the cause Bill.
"Listen to those Whispering Wings"
DoubleDutchChuck
hunter

Postby Super X 3 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:37 pm

I guess that's it. I've lost my shell lifter somehow.
Cupped-Up and Committed.
Super X 3
hunter

Postby wildflights » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:41 pm

SuperX3- Are your hulls dropping fully during sizing?
wildflights
hunter

Postby lostknife4 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:33 pm

Should have the "new" worn off it by now, closed season and all..............
Lost
"It's not the game but the chase ~ not the trophy but the race !" from my Dad, many years ago.
lostknife4
hunter

Postby cannon » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:02 pm

lostknife4 wrote:Should have the "new" worn off it by now, closed season and all..............
Lost

Slick as butter. Loaded 4 cases last week. 10 to go and I'll be ready for the next go-round. How's your hammer hanging, Lost?
cannon
hunter

Postby 3200 man » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:21 am

Cannon Last I heard he was at 82 yds on a sitting Duck ! Yep , priceless :lol:

If he ever gets those Tungsten bullets crammed into a hull along with his good looking roll-crimps , he will be a true
international hunter right from home , that's why I'm working on my bunker , Now ! :yes:
3200 man
hunter

Postby lostknife4 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:25 am

3200 man wrote:Cannon Last I heard he was at 82 yds on a sitting Duck ! Yep , priceless :lol:

If he ever gets those Tungsten bullets crammed into a hull along with his good looking roll-crimps , he will be a true
international hunter right from home , that's why I'm working on my bunker , Now ! :yes:

The duck was standing!
Lost

It was a Widgeon and from my Interval towards the end of my Airstrip the river meanders and makes small sand bars on the inside of the river course changes. I had tried this shot before using an old decoy, just in case I caught the Geese there as they have been before, so I knew the range and drop so it was a one shot one bird situation using #7 TSS @ 1350 mv. I will post a pic of the sand bar etc when the spring freshet is over and the water goes back down, not sure if my camera will take that pic thru my rangefinder but I will try.
Lost
lostknife4
hunter

Return to Shotshell, Reloading, Ballistics, & Chokes