Reloading Bench

Interact with others on shot gun shells, reloading, ballistics, chokes, or anything that has to do with your shooting.

Moderators: donell67, NV Guide, pennsyltucky, Ohio Wildfowler

Reloading Bench

Postby Gcdhunter » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:01 am

I'm in the planning stages of building a new reloading bench. I have a area that is 8' long in my dungeon that the bench will go.
Do you guys have any pictures of what you are using or any advice. Cannon has already gave me some great ideas in a previous thread. this is what I'm working off right now is only 4ft long and has an old countertop for a top.

I hate goose poop on my golf course
Gcdhunter
hunter

Re: Reloading Bench

Postby Jmorris » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:48 am

Here's mine. I have 1 more Texan, 2 more 600's, another rifle press, 2 PW progressives, a MEC super sizer, and case trimmers that get bolted on when I need them. They all have their respective bolt patterns on the bench and taken off when not in use. I have another set of shelves on the south wall full of accessories/supplies.
Jmorris
hunter

Postby Sagebrush » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:54 pm

Good lighting, chair, good support under the press, smooth table surface or mat to make clean up easier.

concentration and no distractions is also nice............
If in doubt, start over...........stay safe.
Sagebrush
hunter

Postby 3200 man » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:18 pm

First , get all those hulls off your bench and send them to me , for safe keeping ! :lol3:

Now , spend some time looking at Cannon's creation , make a list , measure twice , go to town buy all you need & some ,

go home and start making it happen , progress , pic's to show us ALL the organization of components !

You will be Proud ....OR.... You should be proud of your work ! It's Fun too ! :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:
3200 man
hunter

Postby BT Justice » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:16 am

Somehow a Propane torch on a reloading bench just doesn't seem right.... :huh:
BT Justice
hunter

Postby dukdropper » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:19 am

BT Justice wrote:Somehow a Propane torch on a reloading bench just doesn't seem right.... :huh:

BT- LMFAO :lol: I thought the same exact thing when I scrolled onto that pic. Can't make this stuff up! :lol3: :beer:
dukdropper
hunter

Postby cannon » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:54 am

dukdropper wrote:
BT Justice wrote:Somehow a Propane torch on a reloading bench just doesn't seem right.... :huh:

BT- LMFAO :lol: I thought the same exact thing when I scrolled onto that pic. Can't make this stuff up! :lol3: :beer:

Ha! That was the first thing I noticed, too. I have often considered placing an ashtray on mine just to hear the reactions, but chickened out over the fear that someone might actually try to use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Smell that? Smells like sumthin died in here.
cannon
hunter

Location: At the stop sign in the ditch at Byers Farm, unlocking the gate.

Postby Sagebrush » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:08 pm

Well, a corn cob pipe is ok, isn't it ?? !! :lol:
Sagebrush
hunter

Postby Gcdhunter » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:04 pm

Yeah the torch is gone far away from my bench at this time. When the picture was taken I was just deprimeing and resizing hulls. I was in the middle of a bathroom renovation upstairs so I was using the torch for some plumbing work up there.
Gcdhunter
hunter

Postby Gcdhunter » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:06 pm

Jmorris wrote:Here's mine. I have 1 more Texan, 2 more 600's, another rifle press, 2 PW progressives, a MEC super sizer, and case trimmers that get bolted on when I need them. They all have their respective bolt patterns on the bench and taken off when not in use. I have another set of shelves on the south wall full of accessories/supplies.

Very nice. Any reason for the peg board behind the shelves
Gcdhunter
hunter

Postby 3200 man » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:43 pm

In this design ( which is very good ) , I would suggest that you relocate the bags of shot , under the bench being as heavy
as they are ? Otherwise , this bench is more organized than mine ! :thumbsup:
3200 man
hunter

Postby Jmorris » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:00 pm

At one time, I had those bins that hung full of wads and hulls. Went to the bins slid into shelves on another wall. Since the bench is trimmed out 1.5" to accommodate this peg board I just left it when I changed set ups and used it to back up the shelves. As far as the shot goes, there is no where near enough on the bench to make any difference as only enough to load is there. Usually 10#-12# of each size. The rest of it is all down in the de-humidified gun room. The bags of shot just haven't made it into there Tupperware dishes yet. Thanks guys!!!!!!
Jmorris
hunter

Postby 3200 man » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:38 pm

OH ! Sorry , I thought those were bags of shot in the upper right hand compartment !

You know with a bench like this and Cannons , in a Man Cave , the outside world will wonder where you've gone ?

Keep us in tuned ! :hi: and :bow:
3200 man
hunter

Postby Jmorris » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:05 pm

I'm gonna take it by your user name that you like 3200's. I have 3 of them, pristine. My most prized is the 4 barrel pigeon gun.
Jmorris
hunter

Postby 3200 man » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:15 pm

I have been known to shoot one , a comp 32" that I bought from a fella that was New after he had it for 28 years in the box !

Early 1984 model , factory up grades and it shoots where I'm looking Too !

You have some nice guns , with those ! :thumbsup:
3200 man
hunter

Postby BT Justice » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:51 am

Jmorris wrote:Here's mine. I have 1 more Texan, 2 more 600's, another rifle press, 2 PW progressives, a MEC super sizer, and case trimmers that get bolted on when I need them. They all have their respective bolt patterns on the bench and taken off when not in use. I have another set of shelves on the south wall full of accessories/supplies.

This very nice looking and organized.
The only thing I got away from years ago was having one bench for all of my reloading, it just wasn't working for me.
It seemed when I wanted to load metallic everything else was getting in the way and I was just using one side of the bench for shotgun shells and one side for metallic reloading.
I finally went and made another one exclusively for metallic loading, it's smaller than the original bench but made almost exclusively of Oak which is stouter than the original which was made from pine and plywood. This way I can leave one organized mess on one bench for shotgun shells and another organized mess for metallic reloading, that way if I get a few different project ideas in my head I can go back to them without cleaning off the bench to make room for another idea. I've also found over the years you never know when your going to get a bunch of empty brass or shotgun shells, I have the room to just use one bench for cleaning and sorting and just get to them when I can.
BT Justice
hunter

Postby bubba682 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:03 pm

I wish mine looked like that....
Huntin the barrens of Cape Breton.
bubba682
hunter

Return to Shotshell, Reloading, Ballistics, & Chokes