Hevisteel coming back

Interact with others on shot gun shells, reloading, ballistics, chokes, or anything that has to do with your shooting.

Moderators: donell67, Ohio Wildfowler, NV Guide, pennsyltucky

Re: Hevisteel coming back

Postby 3200 man » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:39 am

I have a friend that sells Chicken-Sh-t and he says his Chicken-Sh-t is better than regular Chicken-Sh-t so , I asked if he
had his Chicken-Sh-t tested to prove his was better ? He did say all Chicken-Sh-t was kinda the same as it comes from different colored Chickens but his Chicken-Sh-t was better because he puts it in pretty Gold boxes and the stink is less noticeable !

I really haven't noticed the difference , I told him , as good Old round Chicken-Sh-t smelled the same ! :yes:
3200 man
hunter

Postby Yuchi1 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:08 am

3200 man wrote:I have a friend that sells Chicken-Sh-t and he says his Chicken-Sh-t is better than regular Chicken-Sh-t so , I asked if he
had his Chicken-Sh-t tested to prove his was better ? He did say all Chicken-Sh-t was kinda the same as it comes from different colored Chickens but his Chicken-Sh-t was better because he puts it in pretty Gold boxes and the stink is less noticeable !

I really haven't noticed the difference , I told him , as good Old round Chicken-Sh-t smelled the same ! :yes:

Did he explain what the white stuff in his CS was? :wink:
Sent from my Sumerian tablets

Does the number of bands claimed simply mean you have an Ebay account?

FSH Pro Staffer

High Potentate, NSSB (no spinning shotcup brotherhood)
Yuchi1
hunter

Postby 3200 man » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:57 am

No Yuchi But , I think it was all smoke because my eyes still were watering from reading the label , from laughing !

What people will do , for a little price-break for a bag/box of Sh-t , is unbelievable ? But , you can smell it coming ! :lol3:
3200 man
hunter

Postby goosepit2007 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:37 am

SPatrick wrote:MSRP for hevi metal is somewhere around 25 a box. I would think that the msrp on HS would be somewhere in the 15-18 range. Again its all about what the retailers set their price at...

retail pricing is more set on what dealers/retailers can buy the product for to resale. some of the wholsalers for ffl dealers (only and no sell to public) have the prices for hevi-metal very close to the MSRP pricing. if all dealers had same pricing for resale most all prices would be all right in the same ball park.

thanks know i have an idea what dealer pricing will be for emi's regular steelshot loads. you should in my opinion, switch the name from hevi-steel to another name and just put emi on the box somewere. or have in big letters 7.8 density steel used in product.

but for marketing it will get alot of people thinking that it is the old hevi-steel loads....of the past which was more like density of lead shot.
but on the other hand it could back fire and drive even more people from using eni's products!!!
goose
goosepit2007
hunter

Postby SPatrick » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:46 am

Some retailers have a set amount that they must get in profit on the item, and this drives the price that the customer pays. This varies from retailer to retailer, one in particular is WAY above the others. I am just a head knocker man, I really don't have a say in what gets put on the box and what doesn't, thats for the folks at HQ to decide. I make some suggestions here and there that I see while hunting, or what I hear from customers in my summer shows I go to, but the reality is they call the shots. I am excited for these in 1's for shooting some snows next spring is all I know.
Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
SPatrick
State Moderator

Postby Frank Lopez » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:43 am

Easy there, Shaun, it's starting to look like you're doing the EMI Tango! Seriously, the man asked a very simple question, "What is the MSRP of the new Hevi Steel loads?" MSRP is the MANUFACTURER"S SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE! I'll make it simple for you. at this juncture, no one cares what individual retailers will sell the product for. We all understand how retail pricing works. What we want to know is what the manufacturer (EMI) suggests the price should be. Many products have a price printed on the box right out of the factory. That's the MSRP. It gets put on the box without regard for who the ultimate retailer will be. That's the price everyone wants to know. That's the only way, at this stage, that any fair comparison can be made.

Frank
I feel slightly sorry for a man who has never patterned his gun, who has no idea how far his chosen load will retain killing penetration. But I'm extremely sorry for the ducks he shoots at beyond the killing range of his gun and load - Bob Brister
Frank Lopez
hunter

Postby SPatrick » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:50 am

Sorry Frank not trying to dodge anything there, this is the exact wording I got when I asked " around 10 dollars less a box than hevi metal". All the info I have...From previous conversations with those way higher up than myself, I know they don't like dealing in MSRPs. Sorry man, thats all I have for you.
Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
SPatrick
State Moderator

Postby goosepit2007 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:26 pm

SPatrick wrote:Sorry Frank not trying to dodge anything there, this is the exact wording I got when I asked " around 10 dollars less a box than hevi metal". All the info I have...From previous conversations with those way higher up than myself, I know they don't like dealing in MSRPs. Sorry man, thats all I have for you.

shawn have your big honcho's give ya the sugested retail pricing in a e-mail then post the results!!

I could not find any of that info on the web site for emi's products...

rogers sporting goods is not selling the product 2. 50 cents under MSRP PRICE!!! like i stated before, some wholesalers have the hevi-metal at rogers sporting goods pricing (some higher then there free ship prices) and they do not sell to the public.

or if EMI'S corporate, do not want to put that info in e-mail to you then have them post it in the news section on there web page...

like said if the speeds actually get what you posted and they pattern good in alot of shotguns the sales could be perty good over all. but if the price is up there a guy can stick with the feds,win,fiochi,kents and rio's because they already have very good loads that pattern great in alot of shotguns/choke combo's.

goose
Last edited by goosepit2007 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
goosepit2007
hunter

Postby goosepit2007 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:46 pm

Patrick,

i did some checking here is onbe of my wholesalers msrp:

12 gauge 3 inch hevi metal 1-1/4 oz loads they have MSRP:$46.96

12 gauge 23/4 inch 11/8oz hevi-metal loads they have MSRP:$44.60

12 gauge 31/2 inch 11/2oz loads of hevimetal have msrp:$55.02

10 gauge 31/2 inch loads hevi metal has Msrp :MSRP:$71.76

that is why i asked what is the msrp for all the loads of hevi-metal!!!

goose
goosepit2007
hunter

Postby lostknife4 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:47 am

Geeze those numbers appear to be a lot like TSS................ but without the superior ballistics, roundness, density, and truthful information.
Lost
"It's not the game but the chase ~ not the trophy but the race !" from my Dad, many years ago.
lostknife4
hunter

Postby Yuchi1 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:58 am

lostknife4 wrote:Geeze those numbers appear to be a lot like TSS................ but without the superior ballistics, roundness, density, and truthful information.
Lost

However, if everyone took to using TSS, in a couple seasons the bag limit would likely be reduced to one, with a one week season as the flocks would be decimated, in short order! :tongue:
Sent from my Sumerian tablets

Does the number of bands claimed simply mean you have an Ebay account?

FSH Pro Staffer

High Potentate, NSSB (no spinning shotcup brotherhood)
Yuchi1
hunter

Postby TexasGeese » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:40 am

Yuchi1 wrote:
lostknife4 wrote:Geeze those numbers appear to be a lot like TSS................ but without the superior ballistics, roundness, density, and truthful information.
Lost

However, if everyone took to using TSS, in a couple seasons the bag limit would likely be reduced to one, with a one week season as the flocks would be decimated, in short order! :tongue:

They would just adjust the cripple rate down so low it would all even out in the end :thumbsup:
TexasGeese
hunter

Postby Frank Lopez » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:45 am

SPatrick wrote:Sorry Frank not trying to dodge anything there, this is the exact wording I got when I asked " around 10 dollars less a box than hevi metal". All the info I have...From previous conversations with those way higher up than myself, I know they don't like dealing in MSRPs. Sorry man, thats all I have for you.

That's good enough for me, Shaun. Now, if you could tell us what the MSRP of Hevi Metal is, we'll be getting somewhere. With all due respect to goosepit, those MSRPs for HM seem a little astronomical.

Realistically, if the new and improved HeviSteel is priced at around $20/box (comparable to the other high quality round steel loads on the market) and it performs at least as well, they will have a competitive product. But, you'll pardon me if I look at this product somewhat skeptically. EMI seems to have earned that.

Frank
I feel slightly sorry for a man who has never patterned his gun, who has no idea how far his chosen load will retain killing penetration. But I'm extremely sorry for the ducks he shoots at beyond the killing range of his gun and load - Bob Brister
Frank Lopez
hunter

Postby SPatrick » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:48 am

goosepit2007 wrote:Patrick,

goose

You are getting ripped off if that is what you are paying. No store I have ever been into sells HM for those prices, not even Cabela's or Bass Pro.
Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
SPatrick
State Moderator

Postby tornadochaser » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:03 am

Wholesaler MSRP's often are not the same as what the company's actual msrp is. I've often seen wholesalers jack up the msrp in their catologs to make their wholesale price look better. I know one company out of Ohio that used to do that on the regular.
tornadochaser
hunter

Postby lostknife4 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:21 am

Yuchi1 wrote:
Lost

You are perfectly right on that one Yuchi however if your main purpose is getting your gun off as much as possible then join any number of target clubs, if however you enjoy hunting, IMHO ,not just shooting, but the whole duck hunting experience and the actual killing, albeit the reason for the exercise in the first place, is paramount. A few well placed shots at game within our equipment limitations and self imposed maximum range with the best possible shot, with the greatest degree of efficiency, is much more rewarding than having birds that show no apparent sign of being hit fly off to die some where else because of the lack of technique, shot quality or insufficient pattern density and/or velocity or other reasons.
That being said there would be more birds and more hunters would there not? That is provided each hunter shot only his limit of birds.
Lost
"It's not the game but the chase ~ not the trophy but the race !" from my Dad, many years ago.
lostknife4
hunter

Postby goosepit2007 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:37 pm

SPatrick wrote:
goosepit2007 wrote:Patrick,

goose

You are getting ripped off if that is what you are paying. No store I have ever been into sells HM for those prices, not even Cabela's or Bass Pro.

these are inflated msrp, that they are trying too say that EMI says that retail could be at for resale in gun shops. there pricing for dealers is right about what rogers sells them for to public. this wholesaler/distributor is making the profit that rogers is in there stores but sales to ffl holders only.

so if you say that the price is going to be 10 dollars lower then hevi-metal then a guy should be able to get them for for around 13 bucks then if go by the low ball price's being sold too public.

so saying that retailers, are pricing them way above an dmaking alot of money it is not so. it depends on were they are getting the product for re-sale.

goose
goosepit2007
hunter

Postby SPatrick » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:57 pm

I think you took what I said out of context, there are a few retailers that do that, and knowing what one LARGE box store demands they make in profit off an item is what I am talking about.
Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
SPatrick
State Moderator

Postby goosepit2007 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:21 pm

i see,makes more since
goosepit2007
hunter

Postby lostknife4 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:10 pm

Astronomical prices ! Naw that's just what EMI think their products are worth but we know different ! More marketing BS genius perhaps, their pro staffers have them convinced, well some at least. Sounds like a Ford commercial to me....
Lost
lostknife4
hunter

Postby 3200 man » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:56 pm

Let me help you out a little Shawn , OK ?

Sporting Clays Magazine says , at the Shot Show they were advertised as retail price of :
12 ga
3 1/2 " 1550 fps 1 1/2 oz at $17.99
3" 1 1/4 oz 1500 fps at $15.99
2 3/4 " 1 1/8 oz 1500 fps $ 15.49
and
3" 2o ga 1 oz 1400 fps at $15,49

It also says , you can call them at 541-367-3522.....to verify retail price
or , www.hevishot.com

I only want to help , A Good Guy
3200 man
hunter

Postby SPatrick » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:37 am

SPatrick wrote:MSRP for hevi metal is somewhere around 25 a box. I would think that the msrp on HS would be somewhere in the 15-18 range. Again its all about what the retailers set their price at...

You obviously didn't read this post.
Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
SPatrick
State Moderator

Postby 3200 man » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:47 am

Well then , I don't see a need for Heavy Metal if you got good round shot in Hevi Steel ? which is it ?

Won't take long to find-out , if it's a short-range load Too !
3200 man
hunter

Postby SPatrick » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:00 am

I know myself, as well as numerous guys I hunt with are sticking with HM because we are comfortable with it. I will give HS a shot, especially snow goose hunting. Why would I switch to another shell, after I have shot cases upon cases of HM and it has worked great for me?
Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
SPatrick
State Moderator

Postby Frank Lopez » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:44 am

SPatrick wrote:Why would I switch to another shell, after I have shot cases upon cases of HM and it has worked great for me?

Maybe because standard, round shot might work better over a longer effective range?

Frank
Frank Lopez
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Shotshell, Reloading, Ballistics, & Chokes