Unfortunate

Interact with others on shot gun shells, reloading, ballistics, chokes, or anything that has to do with your shooting.

Moderators: donell67, Ohio Wildfowler, NV Guide, pennsyltucky

Unfortunate

Postby 10gaOkie » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:03 am

First, glad to see the Buck's Run finally upgraded their website. Sad to see it doesnt work for the most part, leaving shooters in the dark, wanting to buy shot, wads, powder, primers and hulls!
It looks like everything is still the same where a phone call to Kip is the only way to deal with them.

Chris
10gaOkie
hunter

Re: Unfortunate

Postby John Singer » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:28 am

I like their product but fear that their present business model may not be a viable one.
John Singer
John Singer
hunter

Postby 10gaOkie » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:38 am

They would be better off without a website than one that does not work or their old one that was outdated.

Chris
10gaOkie
hunter

Postby C M Wings » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:48 am

I called this AM. Great, friendly service - the exact opposite of the web site.

Ducks
Ducks
C M Wings
hunter

Postby 10gaOkie » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:06 am

Yeah, me too. I have always ordered by phone on many orders in the past. Kip has always been very helpful with excellent service and fast shipping. If he doesnt have what you need, he will make note of it and contact you later when he gets it. I waited over a year to get some TT steel shot and Kip came through.

Chris
10gaOkie
hunter

Postby John Singer » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:13 pm

I agree that the service is excellent. I think they just need somebody to put together a working website.
John Singer
John Singer
hunter

Postby Jim Atlas » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:54 pm

Same experience too.
Funny thing is it'd take a kid about 15to minutes to put one together for them....
Jim Atlas
hunter

Postby C M Wings » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:27 pm

They have TT right now. I got a bag.
Ducks
C M Wings
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:52 pm

C M Wings wrote:I called this AM. Great, friendly service - the exact opposite of the web site.

Ducks

Funny. Called as well. Easy to place an order by phone.
All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby BT Justice » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:04 am

I've never had a problem with them, Kip has always been right on the ball with everything.
Calling in an order sometimes works out better anyway, you find out about things they have in stock that a website might not tell you.
BT Justice
hunter

Postby goosepit2007 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:38 am

BT Justice wrote:I've never had a problem with them, Kip has always been right on the ball with everything.
Calling in an order sometimes works out better anyway, you find out about things they have in stock that a website might not tell you.

x2

atleast they have there info on there about there shot(heavy-weight) ect. they are stuck in the old ways, but a ecommerce site is pain to keep updated ect. i have been there many times with e-commerce sites...it is alot easier to get one phone call get all ?'s answered from customer then to send 10 e-mails back in forth.

leave message if they do not answer, they will call back. at least they have everytime i left message.

goose
goosepit2007
hunter

Postby kenner » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:46 pm

Great guy to work with; gets right on my order and gets it out the door, fast :thumbsup:
kenner
hunter

Postby solway gunner » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:23 am

10gaOkie wrote:First, glad to see the Buck's Run finally upgraded their website. Sad to see it doesnt work for the most part, leaving shooters in the dark, wanting to buy shot, wads, powder, primers and hulls!
It looks like everything is still the same where a phone call to Kip is the only way to deal with them.

Chris

Chris
I spoke to Kip about the fact that you cant place online orders through the new website-was told its how they want it to run-they dont want to take online orders via paypal/card,the new look webpage is more of a "store frontage" merely to adverise their products,they like you to fone them instead,so your right ,just pick up the fone and speak to Kip. :thumbsup:
solway gunner
hunter

Postby C M Wings » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:49 am

The there should not be an option that says "Shop". Browse? Review? Catalog? Products? Sure... but NOT "Shop"!

There, I feel better...

But seriously, why would you NOT want to call then - they are as pleasant and helpful as any people with whom I I have done business. It should say, "Please review our catalog and call with your order".

Ducks
Ducks
C M Wings
hunter

Return to Shotshell, Reloading, Ballistics, & Chokes