I sold my PW 375C for a

Interact with others on shot gun shells, reloading, ballistics, chokes, or anything that has to do with your shooting.

Moderators: donell67, NV Guide, pennsyltucky, Ohio Wildfowler

I sold my PW 375C for a

Postby culot » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:22 am

Italian press like this :thumbsup:

http://www.gaep.net/index.php?option=co ... &Itemid=56

For me who use only new Fiocchi & Cheddite hulls, result is always perfect, crimp , total length of cartridge etc etc

If i want another caliber i just change crimp finisher and star crimp tool

if i want to reload, i have to get a calibrate tool and deprime & prime tool.

I loved my PW 375C, but this is another level of loading :smile:

/ Peter
culot
hunter

Re: I sold my PW 375C for a

Postby goosepit2007 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:52 pm

Are you associated with gaep tooling?
goosepit2007
hunter

Postby culot » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:42 pm

goosepit2007 wrote:Are you associated with gaep tooling?

Nope !! But i have a Gaep VS 1500 press , i haven't see any until 2011 when i first time got a link to gaep about their
crimpers, i started with a T3 in a bench drill to improve my crimp when using my old trusty PW 375C .
later i get interested in the way the Italian made their loads, so 2012 i sold my PW and buy the VS 1500 press.
but when i got it i wasn't happy :mad: Power cable was damaged ( i see the core ) and there was to much slack
in the bronze bushing , so the tools don't line properly. Design of press is good, but it must be a blind blacksmith
putting the parts together, so after some hard argumenting with the seller i got new bronze bushing and a excuse.
Today i shouldn't buy a gaep press, there are other press with better quality in italy . But after some struggling
with change bushings , and modifying the shot dispenser and change the Bn2 crimp toll with a gaep T2 special crimper
it work really good, btw: the T2special is designed by a Greek Nikos and i read about it on a italian reloading/hunting forum.
And now when i really get to now the press, my loads always look assume with no swirl crimp and perfect taper,
and the italians is extremely finicky with the total height of the cartridge, and i get constant heights

So that's the story about my press :smile: ( i don't sell anything , i'm a locksmith for profession )

/ Peter
culot
hunter

Postby goosepit2007 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:24 pm

know i understand your post's, glad that they made it right with you, with all the things that was wrong when you got the press from them!!

goose
goosepit2007
hunter

Postby HCK » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:39 pm

That's why italians is extremely finicky with the total height because crimp depth affect pressures very much in some loads. Italy have four companys who sell those same style crimpers and presses. Cortini, Colvini, O.M.V and Gaep.
HCK
hunter

Postby Gcdhunter » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:45 pm

can you get that press in the US?
I hate goose poop on my golf course
Gcdhunter
hunter

Postby HCK » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:51 pm

Gcdhunter wrote:can you get that press in the US?

I think solway gunner sell you that and send US if you want buy gaep.
HCK
hunter

Postby culot » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:21 pm

HCK wrote:That's why italians is extremely finicky with the total height because crimp depth affect pressures very much in some loads. Italy have four companys who sell those same style crimpers and presses. Cortini, Colvini, O.M.V and Gaep.

Yup ! And some of them don't produce /make their own crimpers.

All of them are pretty good , and all of them will improve ' a good american äcrimp "

Please don' t hate me for telling that , it's 100% true ....

/Peter
culot
hunter

Postby culot » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:26 pm

There will be no problem buy one directly from gaep using paypal, i bought mine directly from gaep.

But a tips ! Take a closer look at the OMV SMART And SMARTplus 3 station , do the same job @ less money

/Peter
culot
hunter

Postby HCK » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:37 pm

culot wrote:

There will be no problem buy one directly from gaep using paypal, i bought mine directly from gaep.

But a tips ! Take a closer look at the OMV SMART And SMARTplus 3 station , do the same job @ less money

/Peter

I know O.M.V very good because im re-sell those in Finland. Maybe loaded couple shells different cimpers too. :biggrin:
HCK
hunter

Postby culot » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:53 pm

HCK wrote:
culot wrote:

/Peter

I know O.M.V very good because im re-sell those in Finland. Maybe loaded couple shells different cimpers too. :biggrin:

Hi HCK ,

Have you sold any OMV SMART yet in Finland ? There are a handful in Sweden now, damn good press.

Can you buy Alliant STEEL powder in Finland?

/Peter
culot
hunter

Postby HCK » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:06 pm

culot wrote:
HCK wrote:
culot wrote:

/Peter

Hi HCK ,

Have you sold any OMV SMART yet in Finland ? There are a handful in Sweden now, damn good press.

/Peter

Yes im sold those couple my own included couple days ago. Im waiting now to OMV new upcoming four station press and buy first one my self to test use. My friend own gaep so im familiar gaep press too. We have importer to alliant steel in Finland now second year.
HCK
hunter

Postby culot » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:22 am

HCK wrote:
culot wrote:
HCK wrote:
culot wrote:

/Peter

Hi HCK ,

/Peter

Yes im sold those couple my own included couple days ago. Im waiting now to OMV new upcoming four station press and buy first one my self to test use. My friend own gaep so im familiar gaep press too. We have importer to alliant steel in Finland now second year.

Terve HCK ,
Thats good news about STEEL , there are alot of Finns in Sweden and maby i can get some of my Finn friends take a bottle steel
Or 2 back to Sweden when they wisting their home country. Is their any special Gun/hunt store where you find STEEL powder?

Regards /Peter
culot
hunter

Postby culot » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:36 am

This is a extremely simple solution in the same Principe how my press work, and he use once fired
if you use new hull the result will improve

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9PpHLotEW8

/ Peter
culot
hunter

Return to Shotshell, Reloading, Ballistics, & Chokes