cheddite primed hulls

Interact with others on shot gun shells, reloading, ballistics, chokes, or anything that has to do with your shooting.

Moderators: donell67, Ohio Wildfowler, NV Guide, pennsyltucky

cheddite primed hulls

Postby honkerhavens4 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:03 pm

how do u guys deprime the hulls. can i do it with my 375 pw?
thanks honker
honkerhavens4
hunter

Re: cheddite primed hulls

Postby Rob MacK » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:04 pm

I gather you mean live primers. I have done it with my mec but only a few so I could toss the hulls safely. I cannot recommend doing it as there is a chance they would go off. I am currious as to why you want to remove them.

Rob
Baikal-MP-153.....The other, other "B" gun.
Rob MacK
hunter

Postby honkerhavens4 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:25 am

i shot the sheddite win 209 primer and had to much flash w/a lot of unburnt powder in barrel. i am loading precision # 2 recp. it calls for the fed 209 primer. going by the book on everything i load. weighting shot and powder also.

again thanks to all with your help.
honkerhavens4
hunter

Postby honkerhavens4 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:29 am

rob and goose: thanks for all your help.
honkerhavens4
hunter

Postby eastcoastsoxfan » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:33 am

Rob MacK wrote:I gather you mean live primers. I have done it with my mec but only a few so I could toss the hulls safely. I cannot recommend doing it as there is a chance they would go off. I am currious as to why you want to remove them.

Rob

I do it at the end of the season when I cut apart the rusty shells I have left, no problems but must say Im a little paranoid now!
"The old school hunters shoot what they shoot and kill as many as they always have, the newbies have their 3.5."
eastcoastsoxfan
hunter

Postby Rob MacK » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:57 pm

eastcoastsoxfan wrote:
Rob MacK wrote:I gather you mean live primers. I have done it with my mec but only a few so I could toss the hulls safely. I cannot recommend doing it as there is a chance they would go off. I am currious as to why you want to remove them.

Rob

I do it at the end of the season when I cut apart the rusty shells I have left, no problems but must say Im a little paranoid now!

Lol....I hear ya safety glasses and glove territory. ...I had no issues either but it could happen.

Cheers.

Rob
Baikal-MP-153.....The other, other "B" gun.
Rob MacK
hunter

Return to Shotshell, Reloading, Ballistics, & Chokes