once fired cheddite hulls

Interact with others on shot gun shells, reloading, ballistics, chokes, or anything that has to do with your shooting.

Moderators: donell67, Ohio Wildfowler, NV Guide, pennsyltucky

once fired cheddite hulls

Postby flyndutchman » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:49 pm

They just got easier to find. The white box 2 3/4" Estate target loads and the Winchester Super X target loads have the same base wad and volume as the Kent 2 3/4" hulls. Primer pockets seem to be a slight bit bigger on the Winchester and low/low brass Estates. The higher brass Estates hold CCI's even. The Estates are 8pt crimp and the Win 6pt. Crimp looks just like it should with 1 1/8 oz loads. These are popular at our local range along with the 2 3/4" Nobel sports that have big primer pockets.
flyndutchman
hunter

Re: once fired cheddite hulls

Postby 10gaOkie » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:25 pm

As a sub for the Cheddite hull, I have used Nobel Sport, Rio, purple Fiocchi, Mirage and Kemen to name most of them. They all have large primer pockets, even bigger than Cheddite. However, after depriming, I size them with my supersizer and the pockets size down too. I have seated even american size primers in them but I prefer sticking with CX2000 primer.
When using these other brands as a sub for Ched hulls, I do have to cut the pellet count back about 5 pellets less than my normal 1 1/8oz load of #2s. Good to know about the SuperX hulls being loaded with Ched hulls. I have not seen them.

Chris
10gaOkie
hunter

Return to Shotshell, Reloading, Ballistics, & Chokes