My Letter To Ballistic products- Check it out

Interact with others on shot gun shells, reloading, ballistics, chokes, or anything that has to do with your shooting.

Moderators: donell67, NV Guide, pennsyltucky, Ohio Wildfowler

My Letter To Ballistic products- Check it out

Postby UmatillaJeff » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:02 pm

Why have you done away with the flat rate shipping? I am now having to pay a 100% increase in the price of shipping to go with your FedEx ground and I get my order twice the time it used to take.

This makes me want to just do business elsewhere.

Making money off the freight is one thing but gigging me to the tune of a 100% increase is another.

Reloading is heavy business between lead shot and steel shot and those flat rate shipping boxes were a boon to us as consumers.

Since your business is reloading it seems as though you are sending a message that you don't mind sticking it to us as consumers.

Please help me to understand why this is happening. I talked to my local Post master and he says that while the Post office does not like the program ( heavy on the carriers) they have not done away with it nor are they telling commercial shippers not to use it.

From where I am standing it looks like you just want to make money by charging me full FedEx ground rates while you profit from the discount deal they give you.

A 100% increase in freight cost to feather your own bed isn't good business.

Jeff

Cost 40.00 now to ship 5 bags of steel shot VS 20.00 a few months ago with the flat rate program.

This is horse crap. If you agree with me that it is horse crap then contact them as I have. The e-mail address is as follows

info@ballisticproducts.com
Duck hunters chat.. a place where people who never shoot past 40 yards explain how to do it better to the guys who do it all the time.
UmatillaJeff
hunter

Re: My Letter To Ballistic products- Check it out

Postby 1448jonboat » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:42 pm

I wasn't aware they had changed their shipping policy. I normally use a promo code and get 8.99 flat rate shipping, which I think is quite a good deal.
1448jonboat
hunter

Postby UmatillaJeff » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:29 pm

1448jonboat wrote:I wasn't aware they had changed their shipping policy. I normally use a promo code and get 8.99 flat rate shipping, which I think is quite a good deal.

Right.... and were that an option we wouldn't have to send them an e-mail.
Duck hunters chat.. a place where people who never shoot past 40 yards explain how to do it better to the guys who do it all the time.
UmatillaJeff
hunter

Postby 10gaOkie » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:25 pm

I buy RSI shot from Gene Sears and Bucks Run but mostly I buy BPI shot. I have always been able to use the code for $8.99 shipping on all BPI orders. Jeff, the next time you order, email me and I will do my best to get you a code.

Chris
10gaOkie
hunter

Postby 1448jonboat » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:32 pm

I just tried ordering 5 bags of steel shot and 2 bags of lead shot. I entered promo code frs8 and the shipping charge was $8.99. Does that not work for you when you checkout? That code has worked for me for a long time.
1448jonboat
hunter

Postby 10gaOkie » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:51 pm

Yep, thats the same code I have been using for the past year I think.

Chris
10gaOkie
hunter

Postby baltz526 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:22 pm

I tried FRS8 a couple month ago and it did not work. When I got to the shipping on 50lb the only option was over $35. Canceled order. I have been waiting for the next flat rate offer. No real hurry, I have 7 months.
OHA life member Lapine oregon
baltz526
hunter

Postby 10gaOkie » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:50 pm

FRS8 is working today. I just tried it.

Chris
10gaOkie
hunter

Postby Jarbo03 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:48 pm

10gaOkie wrote:FRS8 is working today. I just tried it.

Chris

I tried it last week and it did not work. Shipping was $13, only had one bag of shot. I miss the FS6 code.
Jarbo03
hunter

Postby UmatillaJeff » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:17 am

If it works that is great but it didn't work for me.

That isn't even the point. The point is a 100% increase if you need something right now.

If this is the way it will be then I will buy each and every item I need from the spot where I get the best price. I would rather just have one reloading house that does it all for me but if they are going to screw me just because they can, I will do business in a different fashion.

I was so worried about not being able to get steel TT's that I bought enough for at least 5 years and now I am glad I did because I saved myself over 200.00 in shipping by just buying ahead for fear they would drop them again.

Either I am missing something here or money is just not as important to you boys then it is to me.

I see a 100% increase as being excessive.

Relying on a coupon code is not a comfort to me.

A day to day fair price is what I want not some hocus pocus bullshit code. So we will screw you to the wall if you don't know about the code and it works sometimes and not others?

I tried it and it didn't work for me and now you guys say it is working for you.

I will try again and if it works I will buying another 5 years worth of TT's.
UmatillaJeff
hunter

Postby BT Justice » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:28 am

Basically if you want to reload steel shot or most other non toxics there are very few options out there for places to buy the wads, shot and other goodies that go along with it. They know this, just like Bucks Run and Precision do also, so they can charge what they want with most items and charge what they feel like for shipping/handling.
I don't think they're really making a killing on shipping charges, but they aren't going to loose money either.

This is why buying everything you can locally saves you money in most instances, but your not going to get shot or wads locally so you have to bite the bullet and live with.
BT Justice
hunter

Postby 10gaOkie » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:56 am

Jeff
so you are able to find TT again?

Chris
10gaOkie
hunter

Postby nitram » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:27 am

FRS8 just worked for me.
Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or f-ing beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.- Al Swearengen
nitram
hunter

Postby UmatillaJeff » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:43 am

yep.. IT worked. Jeff
UmatillaJeff
hunter

Postby steelshotshooter » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:19 pm

I got in 40 lbs. of steel shot from PR and it was shipped flat rate for $15...

I just got in 40 lbs. from BPI and it cost me $38 and change in shipping! I even asked if they has a shipping special to help save a little money and the sales lady said NO!

Needless to say, I will get my shot from from PR from now on....
By HIS stripes, we are healed...
steelshotshooter
hunter

Postby UmatillaJeff » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:58 pm

yep.. That is what I am talking about. The code must be an on line deal. I got the flat rate shipping not that very long ago so it is a brand new thing. They are not using the post office as far as I can tell. It looks like just Fed-ex now.

Look guys, I just though a 100% increase that takes twice as long was a screw deal. It is clear to me that I am in the minority.

I will have enough TT's for many years to come and hopefully another retailer will come along that deals in steel shot that wishes to get a product to the customer quickly and in a cost efficient fashion.

The code worked for me but it won't work forever. Jeff
UmatillaJeff
hunter

Postby 10gaOkie » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:16 pm

So where did you find the TTs?

Chris
10gaOkie
hunter

Postby nitram » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:49 pm

FWIW Jeff, I agree with you on the 100% increase = getting hosed. So now, I just wait until I find a special deal and order more than I need or get in a bind and pay the price.
Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or f-ing beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.- Al Swearengen
nitram
hunter

Postby baltz526 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:51 pm

Ballistic products has T TT F steel listed. Not always in stock
OHA life member Lapine oregon
baltz526
hunter

Postby Baher20018 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:06 am

Just got an email from BPI, SH8 works until March 21, 2014.
Baher20018
hunter

Postby Swamp Gas » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:20 pm

Kinda old news but I just got an email from BP for 8.99 flat rate shipping. The code is good until 3-21-14 but it's the same as everyone has said.

In general BP is overpriced for MOST items. I occasionally buy shot from them when it's on sale But I prefer Precision Reloading quality. I get powder and primers from a gun club ALOT cheaper than anywhere else.
Swamp Gas
hunter

Postby 10gaOkie » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:32 pm

I find BPI shot quality much better than PR shot. Voids in zink plated and variation of size in PR steel shot. Every tool or component from BPI has been first class quality. The only exception was the rto crimp heads, I found PR to have the best.

Chris
10gaOkie
hunter

Postby 3200 man » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:02 pm

Just got a e mail from BPI..........the new Code for discount shipping is........SH8.....= $8.99 flat rate
3200 man
hunter

Postby UmatillaJeff » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:08 pm

Right.. We all got it. This is about the regular rates not the promos when they allow a coupon code. That code is gone later on in the month. I ordered 20 bags of TT's so that will last me a while.Jeff
UmatillaJeff
hunter

Return to Shotshell, Reloading, Ballistics, & Chokes