Texan bushing hunt.

Interact with others on shot gun shells, reloading, ballistics, chokes, or anything that has to do with your shooting.

Moderators: donell67, NV Guide, pennsyltucky, Ohio Wildfowler

Texan bushing hunt.

Postby slowshooter » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:02 pm

Anyone have a Texan 1x shot bushing they want to sell? My set starts at 2 and ends 10. Got a 3/4 oz load I want to bake on that press.

If you have any others I'm also missing 11, 12, and 13. On the powder bushing side I would be estatic if I could find bushings K, and S through Z.

Thanks!
Slow

All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Re: Texan bushing hunt.

Postby 10gaOkie » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:56 pm

There are several listings for various powder and shot bushings for the Texan on Ebay right now. If you switch over to a mec charge bar, you could use mec bushings. Someone else might know about them fitting your press. Ned might know and chime in here.

Chris
10gaOkie
hunter

Postby Theduckguru » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:01 pm

Just buy a universal bar.
Banded Birds - Mallard / Black Ducks, 3 Jack Miners and 25 AVISE. BW Teal - 2, Wood Ducks - 1, Morning Doves - 1, Snow/Ross - 2 (both reward bands), Canada Geese - 12 (2 neck collars)
Theduckguru
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:02 am

I have a couple of the adjustable bars and a couple of old Mec charge bars (a few that don't even take bushings) as well. Right now the adjustables are sitting in some 600s that are geared to specific loads - and the 9000 is booked solid for the next few weeks making skeet loads. If I can't find the 1X bushing I'll move the project to the 9000 by April. But, I'll keep looking for the bushings needed.

One of the reasons that I really wanted to use the Texan is that it really makes great crimps. At the moment I don't want to take down another reloader to experiment with that.

OCD when it comes to equipment. I like having the all OEM stuff because it's like walking the edge of a room and looking to the center - to get a view of everything the design engineer considered. After that gets done, only then to I start cobbling other stuff together. If things aren't just so - it nags me.
All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Return to Shotshell, Reloading, Ballistics, & Chokes