Hevi metal

Interact with others on shot gun shells, reloading, ballistics, chokes, or anything that has to do with your shooting.

Moderators: donell67, pennsyltucky, Ohio Wildfowler, NV Guide

Re: Hevi metal

Postby jmill9 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:22 pm

I shoot hm and it patterned the best for me out of Winchester, bc, rem nitro.


And I shoot a stoeger 3000 and I kill geese without 3.5" shells.


We worry about fighting more in the hunting community over petty stuff then trying to protect our right to hunt.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jmill9
hunter
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:34 am


Re: Hevi metal

Postby shoveler_shooter » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:13 pm

jmill9 wrote:We worry about fighting more in the hunting community over petty stuff then trying to protect our right to hunt.

You're in the reloading/shotshell subforum of the most popular waterfowl website...what did you expect?
If you're worried about our right to hunt, there's controversial issues subforum, HH, environmental issues, etc.
UmatillaJeff wrote:By his very nature this tends to be a modest man who is loved by woman, children and dogs and well though of in all social circles.
We will call him the 10ga man
User avatar
shoveler_shooter
hunter
 
Posts: 3844
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:27 pm
Location: Stillwater and Owasso

Hevi metal

Postby timberhawg28 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:57 pm

I was doing shooting some patterns over the weekend, my uncle gave me a HM 3 inch #4 to try out. Got this pattern which wasn't bad. I wish I didn't run out of cardboard before we took this shot but all we had left were these small targets.
Image
User avatar
timberhawg28
hunter
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:24 pm

Re: Hevi metal

Postby jmill9 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:43 pm

shoveler_shooter wrote:
jmill9 wrote:We worry about fighting more in the hunting community over petty stuff then trying to protect our right to hunt.

You're in the reloading/shotshell subforum of the most popular waterfowl website...what did you expect?
If you're worried about our right to hunt, there's controversial issues subforum, HH, environmental issues, etc.

After reading your posts I have concluded all you like to do is argue...



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jmill9
hunter
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:34 am

Re: Hevi metal

Postby shoveler_shooter » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:04 pm

jmill9 wrote:
shoveler_shooter wrote:
jmill9 wrote:We worry about fighting more in the hunting community over petty stuff then trying to protect our right to hunt.

You're in the reloading/shotshell subforum of the most popular waterfowl website...what did you expect?
If you're worried about our right to hunt, there's controversial issues subforum, HH, environmental issues, etc.

After reading your posts I have concluded all you like to do is argue...

That's what I'm here for
UmatillaJeff wrote:By his very nature this tends to be a modest man who is loved by woman, children and dogs and well though of in all social circles.
We will call him the 10ga man
User avatar
shoveler_shooter
hunter
 
Posts: 3844
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:27 pm
Location: Stillwater and Owasso

Re: Hevi metal

Postby zpstl321 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:53 am

QuackWhacker65 wrote:
zpstl321 wrote:I simply pointed out their products are not what people believe them to be and referenced information on their website. I also pointed out that Shaun isn't on the up and up because he has had this knowledge for years and continued to act like he did know about it. He even out right called me a lair so I copied and pasted the info from the EMI Hevi website, which I shared with him in the past. Shaun is just a little smarter at fooling people than most of their hired guns.

That said, I still do not have a problem with people buying or using EMI products so long as they know what they are getting. If EMI truthfully advertised their products and quit pulling the product bait and switch I wouldn't have a problem with them as a company. either way I highly doubt we'll have to worry about it much longer.


How has SPatrick not ever been on the up and up?? He always one of the most upfront people on here. He is also one of the few on here to actually give his real name while you hide behind your computer screen haha. He probably called you a liar for good reason. Like you claiming you knew a staffer that said HM was soo bad he was selling his free cases on eBay. You can't even sell shells on eBay. I would use your copy and paste trick but ever time you comment to somebody about anything you delete your comments. You yourself just said if someone is happy with a load then it shouldn't matter to anyone else. But as soon someone is happy shooting HM here you come blasting a way with your negative comments again :no:


The guy was on the goose hunting forum and he did admit to trying to sell them. You can go over there and ask about it. The time frame would have been about three years ago. I've backed up everything I posted with data and those that have been on this site for years know it.
zpstl321
hunter
 
Posts: 512
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:17 am

Re: Hevi metal

Postby lostknife4 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:58 am

I'm with zpstl321 on this one.
Lost
"It's not the game but the chase ~ not the trophy but the race !" from my Dad, many years ago.
User avatar
lostknife4
hunter
 
Posts: 4435
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:32 pm
Location: Eastern Canada

Re: Hevi metal

Postby nmbrinkman » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:38 pm

Holy Sherlock Holmes! That's a lot of trouble to go through.
User avatar
nmbrinkman
hunter
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:50 pm

Re: Hevi metal

Postby Yuchi1 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:43 pm

^^^

Perhaps, this ( http://www.refugeforums.com/refuge/show ... p?t=974625 ) will sum it up for you, sir.

In a political election, that would be known as a landslide.
Sent from my Sumerian tablets

Does the number of bands claimed simply mean you have an Ebay account?

FSH Pro Staffer

High Potentate, NSSB (no spinning shotcup brotherhood)
Yuchi1
hunter
 
Posts: 1626
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: Creek Nation of Oklahoma

Re: Hevi metal

Postby nmbrinkman » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:20 pm

Yuchi1 wrote:^^^

Perhaps, this ( http://www.refugeforums.com/refuge/show ... p?t=974625 ) will sum it up for you, sir.

In a political election, that would be known as a landslide.


Was that directed at me? Didn't really need anything summed up. I have my experience with it (obviously not all my birds but I can tell you my limit is in that pile).

Image

Do I think it's superior? Nope, but not inferior either. Do I shoot it with confidence? Yup. I like my birds close. Maybe it is superior at close ranges. Do I care for their marketing strategy? Nope. But I kill ducks with it.
User avatar
nmbrinkman
hunter
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:50 pm

Re: Hevi metal

Postby shoveler_shooter » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:31 pm

If you're fine with paying $25/box to get the same performance as $10-$12/box ammunition, more power to you, but it's pretty dumb.
UmatillaJeff wrote:By his very nature this tends to be a modest man who is loved by woman, children and dogs and well though of in all social circles.
We will call him the 10ga man
User avatar
shoveler_shooter
hunter
 
Posts: 3844
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:27 pm
Location: Stillwater and Owasso

Hevi metal

Postby nmbrinkman » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:40 pm

Who says I pay $25/box? And even if I did, how much did you pay for your shotgun? Coulda done the same with a $300 pump 870. Unless you're shooting a mossberg 500 or Rem 870 you must be as dumb as you think I am.


If you must know how a spend my money.... Online at many places I don't pay sales tax. Add in a rebate, free shipping, coupon codes and gift cards I haven't paid for HM shells in a couple years and won't have to next year either. As much as I spend on other duck related gear the multi year cost to me of HM is a drop in the bucket. Those expenses include adding decoys, a go pro this year, a gun last year to upgrade over the pump 870 I bought 9 years ago. A Pulsator this offseason and Texas rig decoy lines. I turned a double kid jogging stroller into a decoy cart. Bought my hunting license, duck stamp and fed duck stamp. A season's worth of refuge reservation drawings at 3 refuges plus gas to scout possible public land opportunities. Also gotta consider the seasons worth of CA Type A refuge pass. Paying an extra $40 a season (or two) for shells I like is a drop in the bucket. Again, if you must know.
User avatar
nmbrinkman
hunter
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:50 pm

Hevi metal

Postby nmbrinkman » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:04 pm

Forgot to add extra batteries for gopro, 64gb memory card. Blackout housing for camera. That's $200 just this last week.
User avatar
nmbrinkman
hunter
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:50 pm

Re: Hevi metal

Postby lostknife4 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:06 pm

That's about the same reasoning I use to justify using TSS although TSS is light years ahead of Hevi....................
Lost
"It's not the game but the chase ~ not the trophy but the race !" from my Dad, many years ago.
User avatar
lostknife4
hunter
 
Posts: 4435
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:32 pm
Location: Eastern Canada

Re: Hevi metal

Postby shoveler_shooter » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:13 pm

Calm down, I said "IF you paid $25/box". My ideal shell is Win Supreme or Nitro Steel, but I would never pay the regular price on those.
And the shotgun comparison is invalid because that is a one time purchase. Shells are no different than food. Your money gets p1ssed away with no chance of resale, better off buying the cheapest that works for you. But, if you want to eat fast food and eat out every meal, none of my business.
I am by no means trying to tell you what do, and it seems like you are able to get a good deal on them whenever you buy them; I do the same thing like I said before. My point was $25/box is simply not smart financially, when you have Kents, Federals, Remington Sportsman, Xpert, Fiocchi, Estate, etc. With a Carlson extended nonported choke I would bet money that you can find a load in the $10-$15/box range that patterns at least as good as the Hevi Metal.
I would be stupid to buy Winchester Supremes at regular price when I can get almost as good performance from Fed Speedshok at less than half the price.
UmatillaJeff wrote:By his very nature this tends to be a modest man who is loved by woman, children and dogs and well though of in all social circles.
We will call him the 10ga man
User avatar
shoveler_shooter
hunter
 
Posts: 3844
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:27 pm
Location: Stillwater and Owasso

Hevi metal

Postby nmbrinkman » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:28 pm

I'm as cool as a cucumber. Just find it strange that some feel the need on multiple threads of the same topic to save the world from a shell they don't like. And the shotgun comparison is apples to apples in all regards. Buying 5 years worth of shells is as much as a "one-time purchase" as a shotgun IMO since many of us buy a new shotgun every few years for various reasons (upgrade, replace, buying my kid a gun or just cuz). My point is that spending more than absolutely necessary somehow isn't ok for shells but it's perfectly fine for guns, trucks, homes, boats, decoys and appliances, Electronics and food. Seems to me it has more to do with "where EMI touched some people" than informing us of their lack of value.
User avatar
nmbrinkman
hunter
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:50 pm

Re: Hevi metal

Postby shoveler_shooter » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:45 pm

nmbrinkman wrote:I'm as cool as a cucumber. Just find it strange that some feel the need on multiple threads of the same topic to save the world from a shell they don't like. And the shotgun comparison is apples to apples in all regards. Buying 5 years worth of shells is as much as a "one-time purchase" as a shotgun IMO since many of us buy a new shotgun every few years for various reasons (upgrade, replace, buying my kid a gun or just cuz). My point is that spending more than absolutely necessary somehow isn't ok for shells but it's perfectly fine for guns, trucks, homes, boats, decoys and appliances, Electronics and food. Seems to me it has more to do with "where EMI touched some people" than informing us of their lack of value.

Well like you said, if you find a good deal buying 5 years worth is a smart move.
I agree that the topic is probably to the dead horse point which is why I've tried to stay in one thread.
UmatillaJeff wrote:By his very nature this tends to be a modest man who is loved by woman, children and dogs and well though of in all social circles.
We will call him the 10ga man
User avatar
shoveler_shooter
hunter
 
Posts: 3844
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:27 pm
Location: Stillwater and Owasso

Re: Hevi metal

Postby Yuchi1 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:08 pm

Pro Staffer Alert?
Sent from my Sumerian tablets

Does the number of bands claimed simply mean you have an Ebay account?

FSH Pro Staffer

High Potentate, NSSB (no spinning shotcup brotherhood)
Yuchi1
hunter
 
Posts: 1626
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: Creek Nation of Oklahoma

Re: Hevi metal

Postby lostknife4 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:26 am

Yuchi1 wrote:Pro Staffer Alert?


Yep, sure sounds like it.
Lost
"It's not the game but the chase ~ not the trophy but the race !" from my Dad, many years ago.
User avatar
lostknife4
hunter
 
Posts: 4435
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:32 pm
Location: Eastern Canada

Hevi metal

Postby nmbrinkman » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:10 am

Hahaha. Tinfoil alert. I actually am not a fan of the company like a lot of guys. I had an issue when counting pellets and overall weight and sent an email asking about it. No response. I shoot well with the shell but have thought about sticking with good ol Kent's. I'm just voicing my opinion about the same group of people feeling the need on every thread of the same topic to save others from the evil EMpIre. (See what I did there?) There's a lot of gimmicks out there but some have chosen the He-Man Hevi Metal Haters club.
User avatar
nmbrinkman
hunter
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:50 pm

Re: Hevi metal

Postby Yuchi1 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:58 am

PSA...the situation has now been increased to Bovine Caca Alert! :wink:
Sent from my Sumerian tablets

Does the number of bands claimed simply mean you have an Ebay account?

FSH Pro Staffer

High Potentate, NSSB (no spinning shotcup brotherhood)
Yuchi1
hunter
 
Posts: 1626
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: Creek Nation of Oklahoma

Re: Hevi metal

Postby QuackWhacker65 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:34 pm

zpstl321 wrote:
QuackWhacker65 wrote:
zpstl321 wrote:I simply pointed out their products are not what people believe them to be and referenced information on their website. I also pointed out that Shaun isn't on the up and up because he has had this knowledge for years and continued to act like he did know about it. He even out right called me a lair so I copied and pasted the info from the EMI Hevi website, which I shared with him in the past. Shaun is just a little smarter at fooling people than most of their hired guns.

That said, I still do not have a problem with people buying or using EMI products so long as they know what they are getting. If EMI truthfully advertised their products and quit pulling the product bait and switch I wouldn't have a problem with them as a company. either way I highly doubt we'll have to worry about it much longer.


How has SPatrick not ever been on the up and up?? He always one of the most upfront people on here. He is also one of the few on here to actually give his real name while you hide behind your computer screen haha. He probably called you a liar for good reason. Like you claiming you knew a staffer that said HM was soo bad he was selling his free cases on eBay. You can't even sell shells on eBay. I would use your copy and paste trick but ever time you comment to somebody about anything you delete your comments. You yourself just said if someone is happy with a load then it shouldn't matter to anyone else. But as soon someone is happy shooting HM here you come blasting a way with your negative comments again :no:


The guy was on the goose hunting forum and he did admit to trying to sell them. You can go over there and ask about it. The time frame would have been about three years ago. I've backed up everything I posted with data and those that have been on this site for years know it.


backed everything up with data? how bout the guy you know selling it on ebay? must be some pretty solid sources you are getting your "data" from :clapping: :clapping:
QuackWhacker65
hunter
 
Posts: 145
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:18 pm

Re: Hevi metal

Postby lostknife4 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:40 pm

Zpstl321 DONT ARGUE WITH STUPIDITY...THEY WILL JUST DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL, AND BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.....

Lost
"It's not the game but the chase ~ not the trophy but the race !" from my Dad, many years ago.
User avatar
lostknife4
hunter
 
Posts: 4435
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:32 pm
Location: Eastern Canada

Re: Hevi metal

Postby On the X » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:05 pm

I'm glad I'm now just reading this thread and not posting. But sooner or later someone will ask USERS views in a new thread and I will gladly and HONESTLY give my review. Then be accused of being a prstaffer because I claim to kill ducks with it......and 5 pages later we will be right here again.
On the X
hunter
 
Posts: 284
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:34 pm

Re: Hevi metal

Postby wtrfwlr43 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:51 pm

I bought a case of HM just for Snows. Used it for snows last year and really liked it. But for ducks and big canadas I stay with Kent Faststeel #1s. It my personal best all round shot.
wtrfwlr43
hunter
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:34 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Shotshell, Reloading, Ballistics, & Chokes

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: esox5 and 8 guests