Terror for Sbe ll

Interact with others on shot gun shells, reloading, ballistics, chokes, or anything that has to do with your shooting.

Moderators: donell67, pennsyltucky, Ohio Wildfowler, NV Guide

Terror for Sbe ll

Postby kwacksmacker40 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:53 am

Anybody know if these are available? I can't find it on sure cycles sight and can't get in touch with them. But in their FAQ's, it says they have them?
kwacksmacker40
hunter

Re: Terror for Sbe ll

Postby 10gaOkie » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:00 pm

As far as I know, the Crio thread chokes have not been available for some time now. They still have the .700 constriction mobil thread Benelli choke but thats all that is left. Only hope would be to find a used one somewhere or if someone buys the rights from Jeff to mfg these chokes again. I have no idea why he would stop production of such a fantastic choke tube. All three of my Benellis take mobil chokes so I am fixed up, glad to say.
I might add, that Jeff at SRM said he hates the Optima/Crio design choke as it is so thin wall it does not hold up well to normal steel shot use. This is strictly from a choke maker's viewpoint. That is why there was only a short run on this choke thread design in the Terror chokes. The problems he had with customers having bulged barrels and choke tubes was most likely why he only made them a short period. This is just one reason of several why I like the earlier SBE/M1 over the SBE2/M2. Just for the record, an early model SBE barrel will fit a SBE2 and vice versa.

Chris
10gaOkie
hunter

Postby Theircommited10 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:25 pm

Been looking for one myself . No luck . A guy had one for sale in the classifieds and it was scooped up immediately .
Theircommited10
DHC Sponsor

Postby kwacksmacker40 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:19 pm

What other differences Are there between the 2 barrels besides choke threads?
kwacksmacker40
hunter

Postby Yuchi1 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:59 pm

His CQCAS is apparently taking up most of the production capabilities at SRM and coupled with dealing with the apparent QC issues with Beretta Holdings, he probably decided it wasn't worth the hassles. I do understand he is still making (under contract) the Wad Wizard product(s).

The Crio barrels (aside from choke dimensions) are allegedly somewhat larger ID bores (~.723 to ~.729) than the "old" Mobilchoke barrels which precipitated the thinner walls in those barrels.
Sent from my Sumerian tablets

Does the number of bands claimed simply mean you have an Ebay account?

FSH Pro Staffer

High Potentate, NSSB (no spinning shotcup brotherhood)
Yuchi1
hunter

Return to Shotshell, Reloading, Ballistics, & Chokes