Opinions on Load Manuals

Interact with others on shot gun shells, reloading, ballistics, chokes, or anything that has to do with your shooting.

Moderators: donell67, pennsyltucky, Ohio Wildfowler, NV Guide

Opinions on Load Manuals

Postby riverducker » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:45 am

Hi All,
I am looking at loading up some killer 10 gauge loads for this fall. I bought a used press and am trying to scrounge some hulls but they are hard to come by (anybody got spares to share?). I have scoured the net for all the 10 gauge steel loads I could find from powder manufacturers and others and it seems that there are not as many published recipes as there are available components. That brings me to new manuals. I have the Lyman #5 shotshell manual, and before I layout more money, does anyone have an opinion on the latest BP editions "status of steel" and "the mighty 10 gauge"? I have older editions of these, but they are so old a lot of the components have changed or are unavailable. I also know that most of the loads in those books use only BP components, which is again somewhat limiting. Does anybody have good 10 gauge loading experience or published load data to share? I am shooting a Browning Gold 10 this year and am really looking forward to it.
riverducker
hunter

Re: Opinions on Load Manuals

Postby lostknife4 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:44 am

Do a search for 10 ga loads and you will have more information than you can ingest LOL
Lost
"It's not the game but the chase ~ not the trophy but the race !" from my Dad, many years ago.
lostknife4
hunter

Return to Shotshell, Reloading, Ballistics, & Chokes