Minimum pattern density

Interact with others on shot gun shells, reloading, ballistics, chokes, or anything that has to do with your shooting.

Moderators: donell67, pennsyltucky, Ohio Wildfowler, NV Guide

Re: Minimum pattern density

Postby solway gunner » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:43 pm

lostknife4 wrote:
Elvis Kiwi wrote:now your slipping lost :huh: :huh: :huh: I kind of was expecting you to say something about how great TSS#9 would have been in a punt gun!!!! imagine the carnage :thumbsup:

Have to use #7 because the pattern density would be much to high... And since the TSS would pass through the ducks it would kill all the ones behind it so you would spend the rest of the day just picking up dead ducks before the tide pulled them all out to sea.
Too many birds..............
Lost

the scary thing is you actualy mean it :yes:
solway gunner
hunter

Postby lostknife4 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:28 am

Progress a lot of times comes with using unconventional means for conventional situations. With the advent of Steel shot we saw less mass which meant a radical change in the way shot performance was perceived and accounted for and now likewise a whole new outlook on shot as the mass has been increased to almost double that of Lead. All those properties that were lost or lessened because of the decrease in mass of Steel from Lead are now optimized with the orders of magnitude heavier Tungsten alloys with TSS leading the pack at 18+ g/cc.
I know you have kept an open mind on changes in technology so give it a fair try Kevin and then tell me what your opinion is of these very heavy small pellets.
Lost
"It's not the game but the chase ~ not the trophy but the race !" from my Dad, many years ago.
lostknife4
hunter

Postby solway gunner » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:38 pm

bill-of course i would if i could get enough of it together with some t+t load data,i can see the advantages it would afford the sub 12ga bores in particular.,however the cost of importing it is seriously totaly ludicruos and it wont be on my shopping list anytime soon,but your right technology is making more choices available to the masses regarding shot types which can only be a good thing-except the cost of it all :hammer:
solway gunner
hunter

Postby lostknife4 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:00 pm

solway gunner wrote:bill-of course i would if i could get enough of it together with some t+t load data,i can see the advantages it would afford the sub 12ga bores in particular.,however the cost of importing it is seriously totaly ludicruos and it wont be on my shopping list anytime soon,but your right technology is making more choices available to the masses regarding shot types which can only be a good thing-except the cost of it all :hammer:

I felt that same way until I tried it.
Lost
"It's not the game but the chase ~ not the trophy but the race !" from my Dad, many years ago.
lostknife4
hunter

Postby John Duck » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:21 pm

solway gunner wrote:bill-of course i would if i could get enough of it together with some t+t load data,i can see the advantages it would afford the sub 12ga bores in particular.,however the cost of importing it is seriously totaly ludicruos and it wont be on my shopping list anytime soon,but your right technology is making more choices available to the masses regarding shot types which can only be a good thing-except the cost of it all :hammer:

This is the reason for the sea change in regular steel like Blind side and Black Cloud. Many can not afford these 2 brands let along the heavy stuff. I guess soon they will have depleated urainium shot at $100 a box of 25. so what! the real revolution is going on with new shot shell and pellet technology if only they will make it affordable. That is why the major manufactures are making regular steel as effective as the hevi stuff. because no one can afford the hevi stuff and it is not all about penetration anyway.
John Duck
hunter

Postby lostknife4 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:34 pm

Don't feed the Troll !
Lost
lostknife4
hunter

Postby John Duck » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:07 am

lostknife4 wrote:Don't feed the Troll !
Lost

Obama wisper man thinks he is the thought police, but just a loser is the real truth.
John Duck
hunter

Previous

Return to Shotshell, Reloading, Ballistics, & Chokes