Do I need a special choke for Hevishot

Interact with others on shot gun shells, reloading, ballistics, chokes, or anything that has to do with your shooting.

Moderators: donell67, Ohio Wildfowler, NV Guide, pennsyltucky

Do I need a special choke for Hevishot

Postby GAduck&goose » Sun Aug 29, 2004 12:48 pm

I was browsing through Cabela's the other day and saw special chokes for Hevishot. Is that necessary or can I use my factory chokes? I shoot a Benelli SBE II (and yes I love it.)
GAduck&goose
hunter

Postby osler » Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:17 am

Remington Heavy shot and similar Bismuth/Tungsten projectiles are supposed to pattern and act similar to lead. Not like steel, they can use conventional chokes as far as I have been informed by many knowlegeable people. To attest, I have used Full choke for geese with a Remington 1100 in pass-shooting. Tough damn birds those geese, especially when the weather is nice and they are flying high......... :hammering:
osler
Newb

Postby WilsonPrecision » Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:54 am

We have been producing choke tubes for a little while now. We're a small Mom & Pop shop, with mostly local customers. Like everywhere else, a lot of our customers are moving to HeviShot, mostly for Turkey and Ducks. HeviShot is going to be more like a lead, or alternative shot. Outfits like Cabela's confused some folks with their HeviShot choke tubes. Any choke that is safe for lead, or steel, will be safe with HeviShot. Just don't over-choke it. Our choke tubes are rated for any type of shot, but again, watch the constriction. Believe it or not, sometimes less is more.

If you want some more info on our tubes, please check our website at www.wilsonprecision.com

Thanks,
Todd Wilson
Wilson Precision Products
WilsonPrecision
account suspended for biz name useage

Return to Shotshell, Reloading, Ballistics, & Chokes