HELP DECOING

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, DUKHTR, fowlhunter, Remman

HELP DECOING

Postby sonny25 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:08 pm

I JUST STARATED DUCK HUNTING ABOUT 2YEAR AGO AND WHERE I HUNT WE JUST PUT OUT 8 DOZ DOCOYS IN A 360 DEGREE CIRCLE SO AS YOU CAN SEE I DON'T KNOW ALOT ABOUT HOW OR TO PUT OUT DECOYS IN ANY KIND OF PATTERN OR IF THAY EVEN NEED TO BE IN PATTERN DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INPUT THANKS ALOT
sonny25
hunter

Postby Smackaduck » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:02 pm

Its more of a trial and error thing. I personally have never used that many decoys. Whether it be on a pond, lake, field, or in timber. If im on a lake or field I may use 3 dozen and set them up in variable groups with holes in the middle. In the woods I just use a dozen featherlites. Hope this helps.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby Citori12 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:01 pm

with that many decoys I would group them but keep holes down wind of my blocks for happy go lucky duck to focus on when they are committing. Keep in mind that your farthest duck decoy should still be in range of your shooting ability
Citori12
Membership permanently suspended

Postby Ducksbeus » Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:38 pm

If your killin dux...dont change a thing :yes: :yes: :yes:
"You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve" Hank Jr. and Kid Rock
Ducksbeus
hunter

KY LAKE

Postby sonny25 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:28 pm

I HUNT KY LAKE LOTS OF WATER AND ITS HARD TO GET THE DUCKS ATTENTION YOU GET ALOT OF BIRDS YOU CAN'T. YOU GET A MALLARD TO COME IN SOMETIMES BUT NOT VERY OFTEN . THERE IS NOY MANY GOOD DUCKS IN THE FIRST PLACE.SO WHEN YOU SEE SOME YOU WANT TO GET A SHOT OR AT LEAST A LOOK AT THEM .
sonny25
hunter

Return to Duck Decoy Forum