mojo decoys

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, Remman, DUKHTR, fowlhunter

mojo decoys

Postby aarongreen123 » Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:55 am

i gotta ask, whats everyone think of mojo decoys? i bought a mojo mallard, haven't taken it out of the box yet, i just wanted to find out what you all thought of them. i heard some say they create movement enough to lure in any species of duck, i've also heard that they spook birds. whud'ya think.
aarongreen123
hunter

Postby IBBoykin » Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:42 pm

Down South, here in Mississippi, they work real well on early season ducks. But by the midway point on, they are less effective since they have seen them all the way down the flyway and have gotten wise.
Same goes for flagging also.
Breeding and Training Boykin Spaniels, a True American Gundog
IBBoykin
hunter

Postby Deadeye_youth » Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:32 pm

Yeah same here they work great early. We use 3-4 of em. but later on they all stay home they seem to not like em.
WHACK EM' AN STACK EM'
Deadeye_youth
hunter

Postby Smackaduck » Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:11 pm

We take ours every day from day one to day sixty and we will have it on at first light and then watch the birds and see how they are reacting. If they dont like it we turn it off. They were unbelieveably effective when they first came out. But now that everyone and their mother has one they dont seem to do that well. They still work well though.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Return to Duck Decoy Forum