GHG Fullbodies

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, DUKHTR, fowlhunter, Remman

GHG Fullbodies

Postby Spencer5100 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:05 pm

Hey I just picked up a half dozen feeder GHG mallards from cabelas today. Ill be using them for both field hunting and shore hunting. Probably more shore hunting. My question i which would i rather have another 1/2 dozen feeders because that would be better in the fields or would have some uprights work fine in the fields?I just think that along a river shoreline, mallards arent going to be feeding heavily. Maybe a little bit, and i could put them along the water like drinkers, but i think uprights would be better. Also, i think that GHG should make a pack that has 3 feeders 3 uprights.
thanks
Spencer5100
hunter

Postby firebird » Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:40 pm

We place them in the shallows feeding toward the shoreline and others standing on the sand bars and in the rocks-My opinion is that they are very effective, I like the diversity of the poses.
There is no help for this kind of insanity. I'm just a duck hunter, and should not be held accountable for all my actions between October 1st and freeze-up. Gordon MacQuarrie
firebird
hunter

Return to Duck Decoy Forum