remington mallards

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, DUKHTR, fowlhunter, Remman

remington mallards

Postby woodduckman » Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:03 pm

has anybody ever had problems with them. there at my local fleet farm for a bout 2 bucks a peice.
so far this year 5 woodys and 1 goose
woodduckman
Newb

Postby mntwins » Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:20 pm

I have seen the mag ones and I personnally think the head is to shiny :thumbsdown:
mntwins
hunter

remington decoys

Postby ks_waterfowler » Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:13 pm

I will not ever buy them again. We bought 2 dozen of them for $20 a dozen last year and they didn't even last one trip before we were missing big spots of paint. We didn't expect them to be the best, but we thought they could last us more than just 1 whole trip. We still hunted over them and shot quite a few limits of ducks. Paint was pretty much completely gone. If I was you, I would save my money and go buy some other type like G&H or GHG. Buying Remington's will only make you frustrated. Cheap decoys get cheap results. That's my .02
Last edited by ks_waterfowler on Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby mallardhunter » Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:59 pm

I have some GHG hotbuy decoys and they work great. My friend shot one, and the decoy didn't get any holes in it. I was thinking that is very derable. There was 2 little marks on the side. I would buy some of these instead.theres my 2 cents
Keep working millions on welfare depend on you!!!
If hunting is a sport I am the M.V.P.
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Postby SteveInTN » Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:24 pm

I wouldn't suggest that the GHG are anywhere close to being durable enough to take a blast. I've got a couple of dozen and I've seen them take on water after a blast just like the other brands I have. GHG makes good looking decoys, and I would take them over the other cheap brands in a heartbeat, but they ain't bulletproof, that is for sure.

My goal for this year is to break by partner from shooting the decoys. I'm gonna start charging him $10 for each deke he takes out!

:thumbsup:
"I'll start spending less time with my dog and more with my wife when she starts fetching ducks for me"
SteveInTN
hunter

Postby BlueDuck » Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:58 pm

I bought some redhead decoys last year about a month after the season closed and when i went to rig them up the other day i noticed paint already missing. Biggest pile of crap ive ever seen.
Hammer Time!
BlueDuck
hunter

Postby quackkiller » Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:05 pm

Yea, I remember when the redheads first came out, I thought they looked really good and had to have some. I'm glad I only got a half dozen to start with cuz they are the worst decoys I've ever owned. I hunted with them once. Maybe one of my buddies will buy em off me! :toofunny:
quackkiller
hunter

Postby duckplucker » Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:38 pm

i have a freind who has some remingtons and they worked for him so far, but he only took em out a handful of times last year so i dont know for sure... i like my GHG Hotbuys so far. but im a noob at the sport so listen to the vets... :thumbsup:
"Take 'em"
duckplucker
hunter

Return to Duck Decoy Forum