Sport duck decoys from Cabellas

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, fowlhunter, Remman, DUKHTR

Sport duck decoys from Cabellas

Postby redeyed » Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:22 am

What do you guys think of Sport Duck decoys from cabellas? They look great in the photos but ya know how that works...anyone have any expierience with them at all? just bought a dozen at $59. and was just wondering if it's worth the money? well anything right now will help my spread cause all I own is two corks that have been shot a dozen times and a pair of mallards from God only knows...
do you walk to work or do you take your lunch?
redeyed
hunter

Postby donell67 » Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:21 am

they will work good for starters, but if you want quality and lasting decoys use g&h.
donell67
Forum & State Moderator

Postby ks_waterfowler » Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:04 pm

donell67 wrote:they will work good for starters, but if you want quality and lasting decoys use g&h.

Couldn't agree more. G&H are what we use now. I have hunted over some that are 20 years old and still look good. Have some that are 5 years old and after you get the dirt off look new. I'll take G&H over all others.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby DawgMD » Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:12 am

I was wondering about the Cabela's Sport Decoys. Does the vaccum bottom on these things seem to work? Or is it all bs?
DawgMD
hunter

Postby InTheDecoys » Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:28 pm

I've heard that they arn't very durable paint wise. If you can't spend money on G&H go with GreenHeadGear. Best decoy for the money. Otherwise go with G&H.
InTheDecoys.... Take em
InTheDecoys
hunter

Return to Duck Decoy Forum