what should i do

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, fowlhunter, Remman, DUKHTR

what should i do

Postby if it flys it dies » Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:20 pm

me and my dad go out on the river and we see ducks but they just pass i do not know if are spred is scering them or what what is a spred that will not scer the ducks :help:
if it flys it dies
hunter

Postby InTheDecoys » Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:36 pm

Is this a Big And Dangerous River?... or a little, slow moving River? Are you using a Mojo.... How many decoys are you setting out... And are you gunning for Divers or Park Ducks or both.....Are you calling.... Need a bit more info...
InTheDecoys.... Take em
InTheDecoys
hunter

Postby if it flys it dies » Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:41 pm

it is the colambea river in oregon and we have 1dozen ducks and 6 gess decoys and we are going for bolth tyips of ducks and we do call
if it flys it dies
hunter

Postby jmike » Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:11 pm

WHERE ARE YOU HUNTING AT , I LIVE IN THE PORTLAND AREA , NEVER SEEN A SPREAD THAT SCARES THE BIRDS , ARE YOU CAMOED UP WELL ? , ARE YOU SITTIN STILL ? , THERES A LOT OF THINGS THAT CAN MAKE THE BIRDS PASS YOU BY , 1 # ARE YOU WHERE THE BIRDS WANT TO BE ...........IS YOUR CALLING GOOD ?..........NEED MORE INFO TO HELP YOU OUT ..........JMIKE
dont shoot till there feet are down
jmike
hunter

Postby Admin2 » Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:12 pm

JM has some very good points above as to why they are flaring or not looking you over. More quality decoys I think would be of help too that match the species that are present in the area.

The Deputy riding shotgun
Admin2
hunter

Location: lurking around the corner keeping an eye out for trouble makers

Return to Duck Decoy Forum