Mojo Stand

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, DUKHTR, fowlhunter, Remman

Re: Mojo Stand

Postby TNAL45 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:21 pm

Thanks for all the ideas guys. Now I just have to decide which one to build! :crying:
cannon wrote:Rules, in general, are bad for me. Left to my own resources, I'm a fairly responsible citizen. Once rules are in place, I have an insatiable desire to break them repeatedly. It's a sickness.
TNAL45
hunter

Postby MTchicken » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:26 am

Check out ureaduck.com and their "H" bar. It's similar to the pvc setup above, but it's just shaped like an "H" with floater decoys on each tip. By letting some space between the bottom of the decoys and the h-bar, the h-bar is hidden better, being deeper in the water. I also find the extra space works like a shock absorber when waves pass. It's surprisingly stable even in heavy waves. I just made mine, but they're for sale as well.
MTchicken
hunter

Postby BuckCreek » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:57 pm

TTt for mojo floater post
BuckCreek
hunter

Postby KyMike » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:37 am

Mossberg thanks for the plans. I now have 2 for the season. I tested them in my pond and they put off a lot of ripples as well. They are very stable. Thinking about adding a hole in the upright and mojo to secure it.

One thing we did differently was to not file out the upright to fit the mojo peg. We took the mojo metal post that was the same size as the mojo peg, heated it with a butane torch and shoved it in the upright. The mojo now fits perfectly and very snug.
KyMike
hunter

Previous

Return to Duck Decoy Forum