Cabela's Real Image mallard

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, Remman, DUKHTR, fowlhunter

Cabela's Real Image mallard

Postby quackkiller » Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:24 pm

Is anybody using the new Cabelas real image mallard decoys this year. I saw them for the first time a few weeks ago and was wondering how they are doing so far. Does the paint hold up? Do the ducks like em? Any info is appreciated, thanks.
quackkiller
hunter

Postby ks_waterfowler » Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:26 pm

Paint peels on them like nothing else. They look great, but the dozen me and my buddy hunted over has paint coming off bad. He is taking them back this weekend to get a different dozen.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby quackkiller » Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:25 pm

That sucks, I think they are a really good looking decoy. Why is it the paint always peels off the good looking decoys and you can't ever scrape it off the crappy lookin ones? You would think for the price of those that they wouldn't have any problems.
quackkiller
hunter

Postby ks_waterfowler » Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:51 pm

just a tip: Never buy anything its first year out. Let them work out all the kinks. And yes they are the best looking decoy on the market hands down.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Return to Duck Decoy Forum