New AA battery mojo decoys

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, DUKHTR, fowlhunter, Remman

New AA battery mojo decoys

Postby mike_b » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:13 am

Has anyone seen the new baby mojo and other smaller decoys that use the AA batteries and not the 6V SLA battery they used to have? Is there any room to convert these back to a SLA battery? or do they last a long time on the AA's? What is their listed voltage? I assume 9V since there are 6 batteries.
mike_b
hunter

Re: New AA battery mojo decoys

Postby krazybronco2 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:25 am

the mojo teal i got still runs 6v it has 4 AA batteries in it. have yet to really test it out and see how long they will last but it did come with an extra battery clip so all you have to do is walk out and change the battery clip if it dies during the hunt.
krazybronco2
hunter

Postby Indiancreekducks87 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:54 am

Our teal run 3 or 4 hunts on the good energizer batteries..
"keep the lord in your heart, and keep your powder dry..." chris knight
Indiancreekducks87
hunter

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:26 am

Indiancreekducks87 wrote:Our teal run 3 or 4 hunts on the good energizer batteries..

Same with duracell
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Postby STEVE IN SOCAL » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:41 pm

same with costco batteries. the Gadwal holds 6 AA's
STEVE IN SOCAL
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:07 pm

I detered from buying them after seeing the AA pack. I use them to much to invest in AA batteries for hunts. If you read Cabelas' webpage in the Q&A, it states that the 6V battery can't be used with the AA driven Baby Mojos. It doesn't make sense. 1 AA is 1.5 volts x 4 = 6 volts.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby mike_b » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:35 am

KillerKowalski wrote:I detered from buying them after seeing the AA pack. I use them to much to invest in AA batteries for hunts. If you read Cabelas' webpage in the Q&A, it states that the 6V battery can't be used with the AA driven Baby Mojos. It doesn't make sense. 1 AA is 1.5 volts x 4 = 6 volts.

I think the Teal and Woody have 4 AA's or 6V, and the Gadwall and baby Mallards have 6 AA's or 9V (could be 4.5 or 3V?).

I don't know what its doing without getting my hands on one. It has a quick connect remote plug which mojo says operates at 3-6V yet Cabelas Q&A says it can't be converted to 6V. Hopefully someone here will get them in stock.
mike_b
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:37 pm

Okay. I double checked the Baby Mojo twin pack description on Cabelas' website and it is in fact 6 AA making each 9V system. Therefore, the 6V battery cannot be used. Now, the regular single Baby Mojo still comes with a 6V battery and charger, which all the waterfowl websites I viewed advertise. Should of stocked up on the twin pack last year when they were $79 and included with a 6V battery.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby STEVE IN SOCAL » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:16 pm

I love my AA gadwalls. Last thing I want to do is drag out my mojos and charge the batteries when I get home after a hard days hunt. I just buy the bulk pack of batteries at Costco, and keep a fresh six pack in my blind bag. I mark the fresh batteries with a piece of tape. When I put them in the mojo, I pull the tape off. Get about 9 hours or more run time off 6 batteries.
STEVE IN SOCAL
hunter

Postby ncbufflehead » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:15 pm

you will not find a better AA battery anywhere and they outlast the non-chargeable batteries

http://www.amazon.com/Energizer-CHP4WB4 ... 41-1521451
ncbufflehead
hunter

Return to Duck Decoy Forum