MOTION DECOY GOOD OR BAD???

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, Remman, DUKHTR, fowlhunter

MOTION DECOYS

Poll ended at Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:56 am

GOOD
76%
BAD
24%

Total votes : 17

MOTION DECOY GOOD OR BAD???

Postby MICAH » Wed Nov 24, 2004 7:56 am

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT MOTION DECOYS? I HAVE A MOJO MALLARD FLOATER DECOY, I HAVE USED IT TWICE. IT IS HARD TO GET UP RIGHT BUT I THINK I KNOW HOW TO FIX THAT, BY PLACING A 2-3LB WEIGHT UNDER IT. I LIVE IN GA AND WE DON'T HAVE THAT MANY MALLARDS JUST MAINLY WOODIES. I KNOW THAT WOODIES AND MALLARDS DON'T HANG AROUND TOGETHER BUT WHEN THEY SEE THAT DECOY'S WINGS SPINNING THEY DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT FLYING CLOSE. SHOULD I JUST LEAVE IT AT HOME, THROW IT OUT OR DON'T TURN ON THE DECOY UNTIL THE WOODIES HAVE FLEW
MICAH
hunter

Postby hammer » Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:45 pm

you need to try a some what new decy out. it is put out by a small company in west tenn. call fowlquest. the decoy is the MM2 pro-model. this decoy floats and has spinning wings on a timmer that flashand splash water for 2 sec. and pause for 1 second. runs on three AA batts. almost all day. we have used it for a couple of years hunting wood ducks in timber and they absolutely "eat it up". they have a web site- check it out. i think those GA> woodies will love it. i'm not a salesman but a long time hunter and have tried, like most of you about evbery thing out there. this on works.
hammer
Newb

Postby quackkiller » Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:58 pm

I don't use motion decoys too much but I do know that in order to kill ducks, you need motion in your spread. It needs to look as real as possilbe and sometimes the only way to do that is use motion dekes.
quackkiller
hunter

Postby texan68 » Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:36 pm

jerk cord seems to work just fine for me, and I rarely use that, and I still manage to limit out almost every time. It's more about good decoy placement and calling.
texan68
hunter

Return to Duck Decoy Forum