Ure-a-Duck

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, DUKHTR, fowlhunter, Remman

Ure-a-Duck

Postby eagles2069 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:39 pm

I was just wondering if anyone has ever dwelt with this company before. I bought some of their motion decoys because I thought they looked interesting. That was 8 weeks and 3 emails ago. I was just wondering if anyone has ever had problems with them or is this standard for them not to return emails. Thanks any help will be appreciated.
eagles2069
hunter

Re: Ure-a-Duck

Postby ncbufflehead » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:12 pm

from what i've heard, he is a stand up guy and they are a great company to deal with. i think most of the decoys are made as ordered(not sitting in a box in storage) so there is a bit of waiting time
ncbufflehead
hunter

Postby O2Fsh » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:24 am

When I purchased from them they NEVER returned emails and ignored phone calls. Short version: I accidentally ordered two decoys due to a PayPal issue. Called/emailed several times trying to cancel one purchase. They never responded and shipped the two decoys.

Their product was acceptable and with a LOT of tinkering worked as described for one hunt. I re-configured them (Ignoring their instructions) and they worked much better. I found their paint job poor, and one decoy was packed tacky and was stuck to the bag it was shipped in.

This being said, I'll not deal with them again due to the poor customer service and failure to respond to my several attempts to contact them before and after the sale. Too bad to, their promo video makes the Assault line look pretty promising.

O2Fsh
O2Fsh
In a marsh somewhere, nowhere near your spot.
O2Fsh
hunter

Postby indeed » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:29 am

Yeah they have terrible customer service. You don't get a confirmation email or tracking number. Therefore, you have no idea how long it is going to take. I am still waiting on mine.

But, everyone who places an order gets their decoy.
indeed
hunter

Postby petrel » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:15 am

I was going to be near their shop once, so I called to see if I could drop by to take a look. The person who answered the phone informed me that everything was made to order and that they had nothing to demo for me!

It is a shame to hear that one of the few American decoy makers isn't responsive to customers.
petrel
hunter

Postby Joe Guide » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:46 pm

I have used their product and think they are great!
Got their spinning wing foam Brant and bluebill decoys.
I've had em for three seasons now and I'd highly recommend them.
I always got my emails answered. I thought their customer service was acceptable.
Mr. Nash, he had me take out a Mr. Money from England, who was "De' Shooingest Gent'man" I'd ever did meet! ***Check out [Joe Guide YOU TUBE hunting Videos]***
Joe Guide
hunter

Postby kbooger » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:27 pm

I emailed them a simple question. Never heard back. Suppose that's one way to get customers...

Looks like they have great products too, so thats a shame.
kbooger
hunter

Postby indeed » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:34 pm

Yeah I just had to deal with the same issues... he wouldn't answer my emails about an order. I'm guessing he doesn't hop online too often. With that said, I got my order in the mail last week. Seems to be an ok product. If you order, expect a wait time during the season.
indeed
hunter

Postby friedcoot » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:06 am

I own 4. Bluebill and redhead. The feet were not fully molded but if the ducks can see that, they should be in range. I called and was going to return but decided to pass as it really was a nit picking thing. They had no problem with a return. This was over 4 seasons ago so maybe things have changed. They certainly turn the divers for me so no complaints.
friedcoot
hunter

Postby Bull Island Boy » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:06 am

too expencive
BULL ISLAND HUNT CLUB
Bull Island Boy
hunter

Return to Duck Decoy Forum