New ghg gadwall

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, Remman, DUKHTR, fowlhunter

New ghg gadwall

Postby rebelp74 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:45 am

Anyone know when these are coming out? I'm not a ghg fan but I want to get some of these.
Attachments
398064_490595320981814_903430614_n.jpg
Indaswamp wrote:
jaysweet3 wrote:Looks a little small.

Dat's what She said....

Underradar wrote:We, the unsigned members of the HH, are not allowed to address such questions. But thank you for asking.
rebelp74
hunter

Re: New ghg gadwall

Postby Ichabod97 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:26 am

Wow...those look sharp. Would be a nice addition to the spread. :thumbsup:
Nick "Ichabod"
Waterfowl Mafia

Modified Scissor Blind ppt
Ichabod97
State Moderator

Postby SPatrick » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:30 am

Not till next season, there has been no time table given to us for a release date yet. They should come out in early August, but my guess would be late september.
Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
SPatrick
State Moderator

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:44 am

The new pintails look great too. I just hope the paint issue will be fixed.
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Postby SPatrick » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:08 am

What paint issue?
Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
SPatrick
State Moderator

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:20 am

The paint so far on all of my GHG's scratch off with just my fingernail. I've talked to a lot of others that have the same problem right out of the box.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Postby njgoosekiller » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:24 am

End of 2013 summer. Paint has never been an issue so they should hold up well.
njgoosekiller
hunter

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:32 am

http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=141251
http://www.huntingpa.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2432594
http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=197119
Do a google search and even more will come up. Paint on the GHG has always been an issue. I've called avery once and they ignored the problem. I have 2 dozen hotbuys that I ended up painting over. My $.97 acrylics have handled the abuse a lot better.
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Postby SPatrick » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:56 am

I beat the crap out of all of my decoys, every duck or goose floater I own is texas rigged, and I throw them in and out of a boat all year long, with out bags. I mostly use the life size series decoys, paint has never been an issue, sure there might be some scratches or a small chip here and there, Nothing that would stop me from killing ducks. I also haven't heard anybody complain about the pro grade paint at all. And I talk to hundreds of guys every year at shows across the midwest about them. If a small chip or scratch in a decoy causes you not to kill ducks or geese, there is something else very wrong. Not trying to be a prick here, but I just think some guys get way to crazy about decoy paint must be perfect to kill them.
Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
SPatrick
State Moderator

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:10 pm

I understand completely. The only progrades I have are the gwt. The paint chipped off of them right out of the box and have a little left on them. My hotbuys were the worst. I got a single season out of them before 70% of the paint was completely gone. At the time, they were my only mallards I had. With a single scrape of the fingernail, the paint was off. My mallard sleepers were the same. I'm painting them into canvasbacks for next season. The majority of my life size are okay except for my pintail hens. They lost a lot of paint after one season. I know they will still work I guess, it's just when I invest a lot of money in decoys, I'd like for them to last a lot longer than they have. Maybe I got a bad batch every time who knows. I still kill ducks but at this rate, a lot of my decoys will be paintless within a few years.
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Postby Tipsntails7 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:20 pm

SPatrick wrote:What paint issue?

give me a break. :no:
How's my spelling WTN10

ByersFarm wrote:Barrel stickers are about as cool as a handjob on your honeymoon?

DUCK-DAWG wrote:I would feel safer straddling a pool noodle than paddling along in that widowmaker.
Tipsntails7
hunter

Postby Weedwacker » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:52 pm

SPatrick wrote:I beat the crap out of all of my decoys, every duck or goose floater I own is texas rigged, and I throw them in and out of a boat all year long, with out bags. I mostly use the life size series decoys, paint has never been an issue, sure there might be some scratches or a small chip here and there, Nothing that would stop me from killing ducks. I also haven't heard anybody complain about the pro grade paint at all. And I talk to hundreds of guys every year at shows across the midwest about them. If a small chip or scratch in a decoy causes you not to kill ducks or geese, there is something else very wrong. Not trying to be a prick here, but I just think some guys get way to crazy about decoy paint must be perfect to kill them.

I am not trying to be a Jag Off, but are you owner or MFG of GHG?

There are many concerned comments on this brand on this website, I only can speak of my Golden Eyes of GHG. White came off in large areas first 30 days of use. (weekend use) brought them in, touched up, re painted the area and then put 3 coats of clearcoat on them for protection.
It's not just a duck boat, it is a tatical platform for opportunity- weedwacker 101

Preserve game and hunt with a trained dog- NAVHDA

"In looking back thru his posts over there he kind of thinks of himself as the zen of all things fowl."
Weedwacker
hunter

Postby rebelp74 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:31 pm

JuniorPre 360 wrote:The new pintails look great too. I just hope the paint issue will be fixed.

The paint will probably suck, gotta clear coat em to make em last.
Indaswamp wrote:

Dat's what She said....

Underradar wrote:We, the unsigned members of the HH, are not allowed to address such questions. But thank you for asking.
rebelp74
hunter

Postby IowaWaterfowler10 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:54 pm

There are many concerned comments on this brand on this website, I only can speak of my Golden Eyes of GHG. White came off in large areas first 30 days of use. (weekend use) brought them in, touched up, re painted the area and then put 3 coats of clearcoat on them for protection

If you look at his signature it says AVERY PRO STAFF.
IowaWaterfowler10
hunter

Postby Weedwacker » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm

IowaWaterfowler10 wrote:

There are many concerned comments on this brand on this website, I only can speak of my Golden Eyes of GHG. White came off in large areas first 30 days of use. (weekend use) brought them in, touched up, re painted the area and then put 3 coats of clearcoat on them for protection

Well, I saw that , not sure how that relates.
It's not just a duck boat, it is a tatical platform for opportunity- weedwacker 101

Preserve game and hunt with a trained dog- NAVHDA

"In looking back thru his posts over there he kind of thinks of himself as the zen of all things fowl."
Weedwacker
hunter

Postby Cujo1 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:44 pm

I can't believe somebody just defended GHG and said What paint problem. Exactly, paint is definitly not a problem since it won't be there! I would show some pictures of naked GHG decoys, but they have been painted black and white for divers.
All turkeys must die!

bighop wrote:Destined to be a child of the system now. Bounced around from house to house, abused, mistreated, earning his way on the streets. There's probably an expensive crack habit and a pair of those hind-leg wheels in his near futre.
Cujo1
hunter

Postby rebelp74 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:48 pm

Cujo1 wrote:I can't believe somebody just defended GHG and said What paint problem. Exactly, paint is definitly not a problem since it won't be there! I would show some pictures of naked GHG decoys, but they have been painted black and white for divers.

:lol: :lol: :lol: True dat! You gotta clear coat em if you want them to last. The got some 2 year old ghg widgeons that I didn't clear coat and they are now divers. The good thing about em is no black paint was used, just white and grey.
Indaswamp wrote:

Dat's what She said....

rebelp74
hunter

Postby Eric Haynes » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:48 pm

Cujo1 wrote:I can't believe somebody just defended GHG and said What paint problem. Exactly, paint is definitly not a problem since it won't be there! I would show some pictures of naked GHG decoys, but they have been painted black and white for divers.

This.

Here are some overpriced Avery decoys right out of the box. Argued with a friend all the way to gander mt. that Avery was junk. Laughed when we get there and opens the box :lol:

Sent from my H866C using Tapatalk 2
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1358984928431.jpg
Eric Haynes
hunter

Postby Rick Hall » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:17 pm

If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:25 pm

Hot buys are cheap, quality will be low. My ghg mallard shells chip,pretty easy as well. Spatrick is right though, if you get to the right spot, paint does not matter.

My ghg diver decoys have lasted years and years and have been beat to hell. And i mean beat. I swear the divers have a different paint altogether.
ohioboy
hunter

Postby rebelp74 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:26 pm

SPatrick wrote:Not till next season, there has been no time table given to us for a release date yet. They should come out in early August, but my guess would be late september.

Thanks for the info.

SPatrick wrote:If a small chip or scratch in a decoy causes you not to kill ducks or geese, there is something else very wrong. Not trying to be a prick here, but I just think some guys get way to crazy about decoy paint must be perfect to kill them.

I agree with you on this. However, I have had paint issues with widgeon pro-grades, they are 2 years old and have been painted into divers because the paint completely chipped off. I am very hard on decoys though, I texas rig and beat em up really bad. May have gotten a couple bad batches though. Now I clear coat my ghg's and no longer have problems.
Indaswamp wrote:

Dat's what She said....

rebelp74
hunter

Postby loon » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:06 pm

I know this is been hashed out here a lot before and I can only speak to my own experience but I have the green headgear divers I have the bluebills canvasbacks redheads the ringnecks the goldeneyes and I've had them for years and the paint has been great for me . The only decoys I've had trouble with was the final approach mallards that rode up to Canada In a bag And we're almost paint free when we got to Saskatchewan. I'm not a green headgear or Avery rep just a hunter. But I can truly say what paint issue.
loon
hunter

Location: greenbay wisconsin on my back laying out on the bay

Postby IowaWaterfowler10 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:11 pm

Weedwacker wrote:
IowaWaterfowler10 wrote:

Well, I saw that , not sure how that relates

Do you not know what a member of a pro staff does!? They go out and basically hype up their company and make it seem like their the best. And yes I stuck up for Avery because I use Avery decoys. They aren't perfect but I can kill birds with them. No decoy is perfect and all will shed paint, if you look even Dakota has complaints. If you have to have everything perfect including decoy paint, maybe waterfowling isn't the sport for you. You have to take the good with the bad and compromise a lot. Not trying to start any beef with anyone. Everyone of you have just as much right to post your opinions about Avery or any other matter. Happy hunting to you guys and may the decoy gods help you with the paint.
IowaWaterfowler10
hunter

Postby rebelp74 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:16 pm

I disagree that all decoys will shed paint. G&H and Big Foot don't shed paint. They may get scratched from beign beaten around but the paint won't peel, chip or shed off.
Indaswamp wrote:

Dat's what She said....

rebelp74
hunter

Postby ncbufflehead » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:30 pm

your credibility just took a big hit.

i know you're on the "prostaff" but give me a break, acting like GHG don't have paint problems. you're either full of crap or stupid
ncbufflehead
hunter

Next

Return to Duck Decoy Forum