GHG Mallard Field Shells

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, Remman, DUKHTR, fowlhunter

GHG Mallard Field Shells

Postby KamronG » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:42 pm

I just bout some GHG Mallard Field Shells and I am strongly considering putting the motion cones in them just because the stakes they come with are a pain to use and a little more motion can never hurt anything for field hunting ducks. So I just wanted to know if anyone has done this, and if they did what they thought of it? Is it worth the money to get the motion cones? And yes I have already taken into consideration that you wont be able to stack them in bags if I put the motion cones on them. I only have 4 dozen though, and plan on buying 4-12 slot bags anyway.
Thanks for any comments that anyone leaves.
KamronG
hunter

Re: GHG Mallard Field Shells

Postby muskyduck » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:50 am

Don't do it. The stake barely fits in the hole for a reason....tight hold for wind resistance. It would be a huge waste of money, and you will most likely be picking up a lot of decoys after the get blown around.

I don't understand why you think the stakes are such a pain? Definitely now more of a pain then putting motion cones in your shells and no longer having them stackable. The huge reason to even buy shells (at least for me) is being able to fit 3 dozen shells with heads in a 12-slot floating decoy bag. Saves so much space and less to lug around.
muskyduck
hunter

Return to Duck Decoy Forum