Dakota Flocked Mallard

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, Remman, DUKHTR, fowlhunter

Dakota Flocked Mallard

Postby Specklebelly » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:27 pm

Anyone use them? If so, please share your comments on the quality, durability etc.

Thank you.
I love my SP-10
Specklebelly
hunter

Re: Dakota Flocked Mallard

Postby sooner737 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:25 am

Spec i used them all year and they look like they did comin out of the box. Some drake chests were a little chipped but wasn't a big deal. 2 of the 2 dozen i got. The heads held up great also. I have a slotted bag ill bring up one day if you get some.
sooner737
hunter

Postby sooner737 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:28 am

Forgot to mention they ride the water like a Shakespearean sonnet.
sooner737
hunter

Postby imboray » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:35 am

FYI I have seen alot on these boards that people think they are fully flocked. The mallards are not fully flocked, only the heads
imboray
hunter

Postby b-townbirds » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:53 am

I am using them now. I got them during the last part of the season so my knowledge of durability is only from a few hunting buddy's sets. From that standpoint the ones they are using still look amazing after about 3 years. I honestly bought them because I was tired of going out alone and wishing I had their spread. The flocked heads look great, and the painted heads look really nice too. I am extremely happy with them and would really suggest them to anyone.

Probably the thing I am most appreciative of is the customer service. I had a drake that the paint chipped when I was putting on one of the heads. I emailed the address on the website and got a response immediately. Long story short I was asked if I could send a picture, which I did. The new body was in the mail. There are not many companies with that kind of service. I will definitely be a loyal customer from now on.
Last edited by b-townbirds on Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
b-townbirds
hunter

Postby WIDrakeKiller » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:19 am

Overated
WIDrakeKiller
hunter

Postby sooner737 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:11 pm

WIDrakeKiller wrote:Overated

I assume you own a dozen or so?
sooner737
hunter

Postby imboray » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:28 pm

sooner737 wrote:

Our group owns 17 doz of em, & the 4 yr old ones look as good as the 1 yr old ones. I highly recommend em if not for the looks but for the durability. Use the search feature on this site & you will find all kinds of threads about them & how they work
imboray
hunter

Postby sooner737 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:02 pm

imboray wrote:
sooner737 wrote:

Our group owns 17 doz of em, & the 4 yr old ones look as good as the 1 yr old ones. I highly recommend em if not for the looks but for the durability. Use the search feature on this site & you will find all kinds of threads about them & how they work

I run 3 doz floaters and a doz full bodies and swear by them. I was asking if mr overrated even ownes any or just bashin to bash
sooner737
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:01 pm

Hunted over some this year, they look great.
ohioboy
hunter

Postby Cajun1085 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:39 pm

I agree Ohio :biggrin:. I have hunted with them for 2 years. Still look new. They hens look alittle funny. They have redone their hens for next year. I will pick up some full bodies and another dozen for next year. I also have a dozen Canadas floaters also. They hold up well. They have pintails coming out for next year also!.
Attachments
dakota pintails.jpg
new hen.jpg
GATORTAIL 1646 25GTR

SouthEast Gator-tail
Cajun1085
hunter

Postby Specklebelly » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:30 pm

Thanks for all the info. I emailed the company and found out they were made in China. Kind of disappointed me as I figured they were US made. I hate to say it but that made the decision for me.
I love my SP-10
Specklebelly
hunter

Postby Eric Haynes » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:40 pm

Specklebelly wrote:Thanks for all the info. I emailed the company and found out they were made in China. Kind of disappointed me as I figured they were US made. I hate to say it but that made the decision for me.

Hope you feel that way about everything you buy. Throw everything you own away, except for stuff made in the US. You probably won't own very much after that.

Sent from my H866C using Tapatalk 2
Eric Haynes
hunter

Postby Specklebelly » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:13 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:
Specklebelly wrote:Thanks for all the info. I emailed the company and found out they were made in China. Kind of disappointed me as I figured they were US made. I hate to say it but that made the decision for me.

Hope you feel that way about everything you buy. Throw everything you own away, except for stuff made in the US. You probably won't own very much after that.

Sent from my H866C using Tapatalk 2

I agree with you that most things I own are imported, however I still make a special effort to buy domestic if a reasonable domestic product is available. It is just the way I am and I do not ask anyone to agree with it.

For example, all my current decs are made in Oklahoma, my decoy bag is made in Texas and the weights were made in Oklahoma by my deceased grandfather out of old car batteries. :thumbsup:

Edit - If your curious my last three gun purchases were Remington, Ithaca and Mossberg.
I love my SP-10
Specklebelly
hunter

Return to Duck Decoy Forum