What decoys are these, worth saving?

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, Remman, DUKHTR, fowlhunter

What decoys are these, worth saving?

Postby Weedwacker » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:34 am

My buddy is cleaning garage and has these, doesn't want them. Someone gave them to him years ago used, he never open the box.

He is in Michigan so I would have to pay shipping.

Look like old styrofoam herters, but are the worth saving? They look real ruff to me.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (71.38 KiB) Viewed 780 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (84.27 KiB) Viewed 780 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (64.57 KiB) Viewed 780 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (65.96 KiB) Viewed 780 times
It's not just a duck boat, it is a tatical platform for opportunity- weedwacker 101

Preserve game and hunt with a trained dog- NAVHDA

"In looking back thru his posts over there he kind of thinks of himself as the zen of all things fowl."
Weedwacker
hunter

Re: What decoys are these, worth saving?

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:34 am

If you didn't want to refurbish them, I'd atleast get the heads from him. I know they are worth some money. Me personally, I hate seeing any type of decoy going to waste. They would be burlapped, painted, and thrown out with my spread.
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Postby WIDrakeKiller » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:24 pm

Id get em, refurbish them, & sell them. U could easily paint some white and black on em and they would look halfway decent.
WIDrakeKiller
hunter

Postby Weedwacker » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:36 pm

I already have him sending me the dozen old bad shape carry lite blue bills, they look like magnums! But these styrofoam ones are in bad shape. Looks like some gas spilled on them and dissolved some of the styrofoam .
It's not just a duck boat, it is a tatical platform for opportunity- weedwacker 101

Preserve game and hunt with a trained dog- NAVHDA

"In looking back thru his posts over there he kind of thinks of himself as the zen of all things fowl."
Weedwacker
hunter

Postby Have Gun Will Travel » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:59 pm

Get them. A little work and they will be as good as new. You could even hunt them as they are. Really by the time they can tell they should be dead or being shot at anyway.
adustydawg2 wrote: maybe, just maybe, if you held your mouth right and prayed a little, you might get a 1 day invite before the end of the season. :eek: :hammer: Just a possibility. :bow: Send me a pm. :hi:
Have Gun Will Travel
hunter

Postby hawkeye55 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:30 pm

get and either sell as they are or paint them and sell. I just sold some old herters that were in good shape and I repainted them. check out ebay (search herters duck decoys). In good shape and repainted going for as high as $25 per decoy plus shipping. people are even buying ones that look like the ones in your pictues. good luck
hawkeye55
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:30 am

There's plenty of guys who would float them as is...
Get them for sure.
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby teddysberna » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:48 am

Send them to me if you don't want them. I'd gladly pay shipping :biggrin:
ByersFarm wrote:
Westtennduckhunter wrote:Sugar is a top secret place.

Sugar is a mythical place, with unicorns and sugar plum ferries. It's a majestic place. I mean moth8rf^@king majestic. Like a bald eagle getting a hand job from the statue of liberty herself.
teddysberna
hunter

Return to Duck Decoy Forum