Avery/GHG products

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, Remman, DUKHTR, fowlhunter

Avery/GHG products

Postby Chattflorida » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:38 pm

I called cabelas and Mack's today trying to buy some GHG decoys and Avery slotted decoy bags. Both places told me that all Avery bags had been discontinued and the same went for all GHG decoys. Is the company going out of business or what?
Chattflorida
hunter

Re: Avery/GHG products

Postby kbooger » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:57 am

Interesting online cabelas doesn't have any but Mack's does. I also ordered some GHG decoys from Macks about a month ago and got both (cbacks and teal). And Macks still has them online. They are very popular decoy, maybe they just stopped production since it is the off-season??
kbooger
hunter

Postby Chattflorida » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:40 am

I'm not sure I called both places and when they told me that all decoys and bags had been discontinued I asked them "so does that mean they will never make either one again" and they said yes. I sure hope they were both wrong but I'm gonna call GHG/Avery today to see what they say.
Chattflorida
hunter

Postby Chattflorida » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:41 pm

I called GHG today and they said that they have not discontinued the decoys or the bags and their not sure why cabelas and Mack's said they were discontinued. The only reason they could give me was that both places were sold out and they just assumed that they had been discontinued.
Chattflorida
hunter

Postby mudpack » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:01 pm

There is a thread on another forum about Avery's association with Cabela's...and the word seems to be that Cabela's is no longer selling Avery products. Avery is still very much in business and their products can be purchased at other retailers.
mudpack
hunter

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:14 pm

mudpack wrote:There is a thread on another forum about Avery's association with Cabela's...and the word seems to be that Cabela's is no longer selling Avery products. Avery is still very much in business and their products can be purchased at other retailers.

Any chance you could provide a link? If this is true, I wonder what happened. Seems kind of stupid on either side to stop sales.
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Postby BKScripto » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:18 pm

FYI - I got a killer deal on a harvester pack of GHG's a few weeks ago from MidwayUSA. 12 dekes and 12 slot bag for like $113
BKScripto
hunter

Postby viskey » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:29 pm

i heard a rumor last fall that cabelas and other retailers are not going to stock avery products any more due to avery never being able to deliver there products on time. The stores are happy to always have things out-of-stock. like i said it is a rumor so take it for what its worth

:beer:
Richard Visker
Big Al's Decoys Pro-Staff
Lynch Mob Calls Pro-Staff
Dakota Hunting Retriever Club
SDWA | SDWF | DU
viskey
hunter

Postby ncbufflehead » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:02 pm

JuniorPre 360 wrote:
mudpack wrote:There is a thread on another forum about Avery's association with Cabela's...and the word seems to be that Cabela's is no longer selling Avery products. Avery is still very much in business and their products can be purchased at other retailers.

Any chance you could provide a link? If this is true, I wonder what happened. Seems kind of stupid on either side to stop sales.

it's on the main forum on the refuge
ncbufflehead
hunter

Postby Chattflorida » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:44 pm

I'm not sure what's going on but when I called Mack's they said the same thing as cabelas. That's what made me think they were going out of business but I'm glad to know it isn't true.
Chattflorida
hunter

Postby dakotashooter2 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:19 pm

What I have been wondering is if GHG is discontinuing some of their older lines of products since they have new ones out....
dakotashooter2
hunter

Postby Chattflorida » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:54 pm

I'm not sure. I was trying to order some ringneck decoys when I was told everything had been discontinued. I sure hope they do t discontinue the GHG ringnecks because there aren't many company that make diecent looking ringneck decoys.
Chattflorida
hunter

Postby Tealer » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:02 pm

GHG is not going under you will be able to find decoys for next season.
Widmer Bros Prostaff
Former Hostess Prostaff
WizzBang Prostaff
Tealer
village idiot

Postby ncbufflehead » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:09 pm

Tealer wrote:GHG is not going under you will be able to find decoys for next season.

x2

you will still be able to buy their junk decoys, just not at cabela's.
ncbufflehead
hunter

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:19 am

Hahaha indeed
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Postby quackhunter99 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:12 am

Every year the decoys get removed from the Mack's website as the sell out I assume. Has happened the last few years and happened with cabelas. They begin to re appear as they begin to restock in the supper
2 year old field bred English Cocker Spanial
16x56 Go devil Boat with 35 longtail
Wigeon with 7 horse Go devil
quackhunter99
hunter

Postby Tealer » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:17 pm

quackhunter99 wrote:Every year the decoys get removed from the Mack's website as the sell out I assume. Has happened the last few years and happened with cabelas. They begin to re appear as they begin to restock in the supper

They wont be back at Cabelas.
Widmer Bros Prostaff
Former Hostess Prostaff
WizzBang Prostaff
Tealer
village idiot

Postby WIDrakeKiller » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:21 pm

Well Cabela's just lost a lot business from me! If Avery goes out Avian X is gonna have to pick up their production. Suck having to hunt over G&H or FA, etc.
WIDrakeKiller
hunter

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:35 pm

WIDrakeKiller wrote:Well Cabela's just lost a lot business from me! If Avery goes out Avian X is gonna have to pick up their production. Suck having to hunt over G&H or FA, etc.

Nah, GHG decoy paint flakes right out of the box. Flambeau is even better. :smile:
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Postby WIDrakeKiller » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:40 am

Keep thinking that way! I just bought 2 dozen new GHG Pro Grade Mallards that were more durable than 2 Dozen Dakotas. I thought Dakota was supposed to be tough tho?????
WIDrakeKiller
hunter

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:32 am

WIDrakeKiller wrote:Keep thinking that way! I just bought 2 dozen new GHG Pro Grade Mallards that were more durable than 2 Dozen Dakotas. I thought Dakota was supposed to be tough tho?????

I just said that to get a rise out of you because you gotta boner for GHG. :thumbsup:
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Postby ncbufflehead » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:08 am

WIDrakeKiller wrote:Keep thinking that way! I just bought 2 dozen new GHG Pro Grade Mallards that were more durable than 2 Dozen Dakotas. I thought Dakota was supposed to be tough tho?????

you start a sentence with "i just bought", then go on to talk about how durable they are?
ncbufflehead
hunter

Postby Tealer » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:31 pm

ncbufflehead wrote:

you start a sentence with "i just bought", then go on to talk about how durable they are?

That's what I was thinking. I have had good luck with GHG but I 12 slot all my decoys.
Widmer Bros Prostaff
Former Hostess Prostaff
WizzBang Prostaff
Tealer
village idiot

Postby WIDrakeKiller » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:25 pm

Guys I talking about the new progrades they have a little different paint scheme. I actually have over 20 dozen GHG duvk decoys that are quite durable. So.......U were saying something funny????
WIDrakeKiller
hunter

Postby muskyduck » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:00 pm

If you are looking for a good alternative for goose bags, go with Rig em Right. Their floating goose 6-slot bag will fit all full-bodies very nicely.

As a side note, That does suck to here. They have a pretty broad range of products that a lot of manufacturers just don't carry. What was really disappointing was when I was looking into a layout blind for my buddy, I checked all over for the Avery Finisher. Same result..... found a lot saying discontinued. I really hope they don't. the frame and design of that blind is a gold mind and highly sought after by hunters. I'm thinking this is just a temporary thing and we will see everything available back in July. I also heard Avery was changing its website. Maybe they are cutting out the retailers and doing more direct sales...? Sounds dumb but who knows...
muskyduck
hunter

Next

Return to Duck Decoy Forum