wonder ducks decoys

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, Remman, DUKHTR, fowlhunter

wonder ducks decoys

Postby bigmel » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:54 pm

Has anyone used a wonder duck decoy and is there any model you would suggest?
bigmel
hunter

Re: wonder ducks decoys

Postby 2500hdon37s » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:14 pm

can not suggest.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby Kayakfowler » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:22 pm

I bought one this year on the recommendation from a Guide that hunts the same lake. One morning we both headed out, he had a client with him in his duck boat and I was in my kayak. He offered one of his hot spots to me since I was paddling and he had a motor and it was closer for me. He set up a little ways down from me. All morning it sounded like WWII just down from me where he had set up. I had my fair share of shots, but nothing in comparison to their shooting. Long story short, back at the docks I asked him what the secret was. He showed me his Wonder Duck. He had the Mallard with the rotating wings, painted like a Ringneck. He said the ducks where almost landing on top of it, to the point he would clap to get the ducks to launch off the water giving his client a better shot. I ordered the Mallard that week. I attribute the Wonder Duck to pulling in the Mallards this season. The Ringnecks would fly in close, then usually flair off. This could of been because it was the end of the season and Florida so they have seen every trick in the book on their way south. All in all I like it. Next season will be a better test.
Kayakfowler
hunter

Postby Sprigs68 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:43 pm

Used a wonderduk cyclone butt last year with great results. Fits in a 5 gal bucket above my sandwich, pop and shells for the day. Creates many ripples and a lot of action. Used only three sets of d sized batteries all season long of hunting 4+ days a week.

Sprigs
Sprigs68
hunter

Return to Duck Decoy Forum