List of Decoy Makers

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, Remman, DUKHTR, fowlhunter

List of Decoy Makers

Postby PiKappCutter » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:09 am

I looked but no luck. Does anyone know of a fairly comprehensive list of makers. Everyone knows GHG, Carrylite, Flambeau, etc., but what about some of the smaller companies. I'm always looking for a new deke or a better deal and it could help smaller companies. If there isn't one, feel free to post up a company you haved used or know of that is smaller or local. Thanks!
PiKappCutter
hunter

Re: List of Decoy Makers

Postby MassDecoyCarver » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:04 pm

One that I know of and I have a few in my spread, is the Quack Decoy Company, Pawtucket, RI (I think)
They have a website and theirs are very good quality, and a bit different than most of the other mass produced decoys.
MassDecoyCarver
hunter

Postby mudpack » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:50 am

PiKappCutter wrote: I'm always looking for a new deke or a better deal and it could help smaller companies

There are dozens of small manufacturers of decoys. But they won't be cheaper than the ones you named.

Bigger Water Decoys - Higdon Decoys - Phantom Outdoors - Waterfowl-Works - Body Language Decoys - AvianX - Dakota - Plasti-Duk - FUD . etc., etc.
mudpack
hunter

Postby wjarrell » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:10 pm

mudpack wrote:
PiKappCutter wrote: I'm always looking for a new deke or a better deal and it could help smaller companies

There are dozens of small manufacturers of decoys. But they won't be cheaper than the ones you named.

Bigger Water Decoys - Higdon Decoys - Phantom Outdoors - Waterfowl-Works - Body Language Decoys - AvianX - Dakota - Plasti-Duk - FUD . etc., etc.

Higdon, AvianX, and Dakota are not small decoy companys. Maybe they used to be but if your product is sold in Cabelas and MacksPW catalogs, you're not small anymore. :clapping:
wjarrell
hunter

Postby chocolatehead » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:30 pm

Eberhart Decoys
plasti-Duk
Both Made in the USA
chocolatehead
hunter

Postby mudpack » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:24 am

wjarrell wrote:
Higdon, AvianX, and Dakota are not small decoy companys.

They are compared to GHG/Flambeau/Carry-Lite that the OP mentioned. Having your product in a Cabela's catalog doesn't indicate the size of your company.

The OP is looking for other companies to buy from. You might offer suggestions of your own.
mudpack
hunter

Postby wjarrell » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:40 am

Ok... How about Dave Smith Decoys and Blue Collar decoys to add to the list
wjarrell
hunter

Return to Duck Decoy Forum