List of Decoy Makers

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, DUKHTR, fowlhunter, Remman

List of Decoy Makers

Postby PiKappCutter » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:09 am

I looked but no luck. Does anyone know of a fairly comprehensive list of makers. Everyone knows GHG, Carrylite, Flambeau, etc., but what about some of the smaller companies. I'm always looking for a new deke or a better deal and it could help smaller companies. If there isn't one, feel free to post up a company you haved used or know of that is smaller or local. Thanks!
PiKappCutter
hunter

Re: List of Decoy Makers

Postby MassDecoyCarver » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:04 pm

One that I know of and I have a few in my spread, is the Quack Decoy Company, Pawtucket, RI (I think)
They have a website and theirs are very good quality, and a bit different than most of the other mass produced decoys.
MassDecoyCarver
hunter

Postby mudpack » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:50 am

PiKappCutter wrote: I'm always looking for a new deke or a better deal and it could help smaller companies

There are dozens of small manufacturers of decoys. But they won't be cheaper than the ones you named.

Bigger Water Decoys - Higdon Decoys - Phantom Outdoors - Waterfowl-Works - Body Language Decoys - AvianX - Dakota - Plasti-Duk - FUD . etc., etc.
Often wrong, never in doubt...
mudpack
hunter

Postby wjarrell » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:10 pm

mudpack wrote:
PiKappCutter wrote: I'm always looking for a new deke or a better deal and it could help smaller companies

There are dozens of small manufacturers of decoys. But they won't be cheaper than the ones you named.

Bigger Water Decoys - Higdon Decoys - Phantom Outdoors - Waterfowl-Works - Body Language Decoys - AvianX - Dakota - Plasti-Duk - FUD . etc., etc.

Higdon, AvianX, and Dakota are not small decoy companys. Maybe they used to be but if your product is sold in Cabelas and MacksPW catalogs, you're not small anymore. :clapping:
wjarrell
hunter

Postby chocolatehead » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:30 pm

Eberhart Decoys
plasti-Duk
Both Made in the USA
chocolatehead
hunter

Postby mudpack » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:24 am

wjarrell wrote:
Higdon, AvianX, and Dakota are not small decoy companys.

They are compared to GHG/Flambeau/Carry-Lite that the OP mentioned. Having your product in a Cabela's catalog doesn't indicate the size of your company.

The OP is looking for other companies to buy from. You might offer suggestions of your own.
Often wrong, never in doubt...
mudpack
hunter

Postby wjarrell » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:40 am

Ok... How about Dave Smith Decoys and Blue Collar decoys to add to the list
wjarrell
hunter

Return to Duck Decoy Forum