Decoy Bags

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, fowlhunter, Remman, DUKHTR

Decoy Bags

Postby flightdoc84 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:32 pm

Hey guys just wondering what everyone uses for decoy bags this is the biggest pain in my butt. I have probably around 8 1/2 dozen floaters all rigged with rig em rights and have used almost every kind of bag from splashes walk in bag with the gun holder and mojo slot to now using rig em rights dp3 xl bag which broke on me during the freeze this year anyone have anything that absolutely works?
Charles Galloway
Only number that matters is lives saved
DUSTOFF!!
flightdoc84
hunter

Re: Decoy Bags

Postby dfrauenkron » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:05 pm

I have several dp3 bags and love them for my application, the never leave the boat during season.
dfrauenkron
hunter

Postby triplecurl » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:20 pm

For single drops, I usually use slotted bags. For long lines, I use the Drake stand up decoy bags. I'm sure there are other stand up bags that will work, just never tried them.
Last night, I dreamed that I killed all the saggers, all the swaggers, and all of their duckface girlfriends...

It was called: The Yolocaust.
triplecurl
hunter

Postby tgs » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:56 am

I have eight 12 slot sewn down slotted bags with mesh bottoms made by Diane, http://customdecoybags.com/
I use them for both longline seaducking decoys and also carry in spots for puddle ducks, love 'em.

I know Dave Clark's bag have a great reputation too. http://decoybags.biz/
"Pass a Tradition Along"
tgs
hunter

Postby mudpack » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:32 am

flightdoc84 wrote: used almost every kind of bag from splashes walk in bag with the gun holder and mojo slot to now using rig em rights dp3 xl bag which broke on me during the freeze this year anyone have anything that absolutely works?

Try the other extreme: go simple/cheap. :biggrin:
I have several decoys bags (actually about 10 of them) and the bags I always end up using are the $9.99 ON SALE GHG bags. They never fail me. They are small enough so that I can easily carry them packed full. I can position them around in the boat for best balance/room. I can keep decoy species segregated for easy deployment.
For me and they way I hunt, two small bags are far superior to one large bag, in every way. YRMV
mudpack
hunter

Postby Thornehead » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:34 pm

We have used Avery slotted decoy bags for years and they have worked out well. We use the full body duck bags for Longtail and Scoter decoys and full body goose bags for our Eiders. I prefer the bags with the drawstring top over the zipper as they are less likely to freeze up in cold weather.
We have some bags that are over 7 or 8 seasons old and are still quite functional after tons of use. The price is reasonable as well.
Last edited by Thornehead on Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Capt. Mike
Thornehead
hunter

Postby Justin Weber » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:41 pm

Avery Slotted bags work good for me
Avery Pro-Staff
Justin Weber
hunter

Return to Duck Decoy Forum