homemade pulsator decoy

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, fowlhunter, Remman, DUKHTR

homemade pulsator decoy

Postby cfaulk33 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:36 pm

Hey guys im trying to get some opionions on homemade pulsator decoys. Ive been thinking about making my own instead of spending the $130 some odd dollars for hidgeons. it looks fairly easy to make with a bilge pump. Have any of u guys made one and was it worth the trouble or should i just go ahead and buy one? Also if you made them which butt up decoys did you use? GHG is what ive been looking at but im open for all suggestions! thanks for the help in advance
cfaulk33
hunter

Re: homemade pulsator decoy

Postby cfaulk33 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:26 pm

giving my self a bump... heard the magnum decoy butts work better than normal size. anyone else test that out?
cfaulk33
hunter

Postby Cajun1085 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:21 am

I have an actual pulsator and after buying I think I could make it. I have seen instruction on the internet. something with a automotive relay switch for the pulsating action. Best decoy would be one with flat keel like the GHG mags and Hidgs brand one.
GATORTAIL 1646 25GTR

SouthEast Gator-tail
Cajun1085
hunter

Postby cfaulk33 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:47 pm

yeah ive been looking at the GHG mags and think thats probably the route im gonna take unless i hear something else better.
Also was gonna use a 500gph bilge pump but i heard someone say they used an 800gph one and got a lot more movement with it. Anyone have any experience with this?
cfaulk33
hunter

Return to Duck Decoy Forum