Been working on figuring out paint on a couple dozen bluebills I carved, but I have had WAY too little time as I've been trying to get ready for the bluegrass festival I'm putting on in a week. I have been doing a ton of experimenting on these guys, some stuff has worked well, some, not so much. However, I think I've finally decided on how to get from point A to point B in a way that I can live with. I've got this preener ALMOST done...still have some dark color touch-up, but he's close. I kind of like this one with his bill tucked under his feathers. The others are gonna have to wait awhile until I get back from Susanville.