Anyone hear of or use Herban Hunter decoys?

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, Remman, DUKHTR, fowlhunter

Anyone hear of or use Herban Hunter decoys?

Postby NEthingForaDuck » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:04 am

Live in PA, cant use any electronics for duck hunting, I have seen the Herban Hunter company has a pull string spinning wing decoy for sale. I was wondering if anyone had any experiences with these decoys or know of any other companies that sell a pull string decoy. Thanks!
NEthingForaDuck
Newb

Re: Anyone hear of or use Herban Hunter decoys?

Postby MassDecoyCarver » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:06 am

Never heard of those, but I have a couple of the Lucky Duck wind powered decoys. Like a Mojo except it's all in the breeze. They work with limited success, either the wind is light and they barely spin,....or the wind is blowing hard and the wings spin so fast they are practically invisible.
MassDecoyCarver
hunter

Postby NEthingForaDuck » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:48 pm

haha yea thats the problem i have with wind powered spinning wings. I would like to switch to pull string if anyone has any good experiences with any. the problem with wind powered is you need a STEADY 7 mph wind or so to move the wings.
NEthingForaDuck
Newb

Postby eagles2069 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:51 am

Here is one that I used last year http://www.aerooutdoors.com/products/decoys/action/duck.shtml
other people really like this one http://strandoutdoors.com/shop/decoys/whip-splash-pull-string-duck/prod_2.html

Living in Washington we have to use pull strings also. Some days they do wonders other days they just get in the way. Hope that helps.
eagles2069
hunter

Return to Duck Decoy Forum