Used duck decoy price

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, DUKHTR, fowlhunter, Remman

Used duck decoy price

Postby YJSONLY » Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:19 pm

Found some decoys online. What is the going rate for good used decoys? They are Flambeau.
YJSONLY
hunter

Re: Used duck decoy price

Postby Slack Tide » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:08 am

Look up the same model on line....based on condition, less than half of new price...
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby whaknstak » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:04 am

I pay $1 for used flambeau decoys. If they have weight I would pay $1.50. That's in Florida
"Do you care about freedom? Dreams may have inspired it, and wishes prompted it, but only war and weapons have made it yours."

Col Jeff Cooper
whaknstak
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:14 am

I bought a ton of used decoys last year. I averaged $1.50 each some were less a few were $2.00 each for nice decoys. There is no resale value in used decoys.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby YJSONLY » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:30 am

whaknstak wrote:I pay $1 for used flambeau decoys. If they have weight I would pay $1.50. That's in Florida

Where at? Any leads. Heck all I have found I could by new for what they want that is 5 years old. I do not lie. Wants $8 each for 5 year old flambeau. Lol. O and they will throw in 2 bags.
YJSONLY
hunter

Postby eagles2069 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:29 pm

YJSONLY wrote:
whaknstak wrote:I pay $1 for used flambeau decoys. If they have weight I would pay $1.50. That's in Florida

Where at? Any leads. Heck all I have found I could by new for what they want that is 5 years old. I do not lie. Wants $8 each for 5 year old flambeau. Lol. O and they will throw in 2 bags.

I bought mine for 1 to 2 bucks a decoy. I got most of mine off of craigslist of forum sites like this. You just have to keep your eyes open really. Locally right now there are 15 year old Flambeau someone is selling for more than they cost new now. That is why they have been on craigslist for over three months. Sometimes just leaving them an email letting them know they have them over priced they will drop their price. A couple years ago I bought some from a lady who they were her boyfriends, they broke up and he left his decoys. She wanted retail price because she said that is what cabelas had them listed for. I wrote a nice email about how she wasn't selling new decoys like I buy from cabelas and I would offer her 1.50 a decoy. I had no response for almost two weeks then bang got an email saying come pick them up. I also have got the email back saying mind my own business haha. I figure it is worth a shot to get what I feel they are worth.
eagles2069
hunter

Postby whaknstak » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:30 pm

YJSONLY wrote:

You have to set the tone of the sale. I just tell the seller straight up that used decoys are worth about 1 dollar a piece and that's a fair price. Take it or leave but one else will pay much more that. I usually take the whole lot, as most times they just want them gone. I repaint any that are not what I want. When they say five bucks a piece, just laugh and educate them on the going rate of used decoys. For six bucks per I can buy new.
"Do you care about freedom? Dreams may have inspired it, and wishes prompted it, but only war and weapons have made it yours."

Col Jeff Cooper
whaknstak
hunter

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:38 pm

whaknstak wrote:
YJSONLY wrote:

You have to set the tone of the sale. I just tell the seller straight up that used decoys are worth about 1 dollar a piece and that's a fair price. Take it or leave but one else will pay much more that. I usually take the whole lot, as most times they just want them gone. I repaint any that are not what I want. When they say five bucks a piece, just laugh and educate them on the going rate of used decoys. For six bucks per I can buy new.

I've tried doing exactly what you said to do. I was going to pick up 9 water keel Flambeau mallards at a garage sale. The guy wanted $40. I told him that they were an old model, the price of new ones at wal-mart, and the flaws such as missing paint. He got pissed and told me to stop wasting his time. I guess my mistake was not noticing that he wasn't a duck hunter or not a seasoned hunter.
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Postby m.teeter » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:12 pm

I don't understand the used decoy prices on Craigslist here lately. Hell for what they are going for on there I could sell all my old dekes and buy an even bigger spread of brand new ones.
m.teeter
hunter

Postby Ga ducker » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:13 pm

m.teeter wrote:I don't understand the used decoy prices on Craigslist here lately. Hell for what they are going for on there I could sell all my old dekes and buy an even bigger spread of brand new ones.

I've seen the same thing on eBay.... People think that 10 year old Flambeau's are worth $25 for two decoys. It's kinda crazy, but I just shake my head and move on.
Ga ducker
hunter

Postby DUCK-DAWG » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:05 am

You really want to laugh? Here you go...
http://augusta.craigslist.org/spo/3788876961.html
DUCK-DAWG
hunter

Postby whaknstak » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:29 am

So it doesn't go away, and future members can enjoy duck dawgs excellent Craigslist find, here it is for your viewing pleasure.
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1371662940623.jpg

Col Jeff Cooper
whaknstak
hunter

Postby whaknstak » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:32 am

We should call him and give him hell lol

Col Jeff Cooper
whaknstak
hunter

Postby krazybronco2 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:47 pm

whaknstak wrote:We should call him and give him hell lol

already tried to get them for $50 including shipping even sent him the bass pro website showing they are $70 brand new in the box. all i got back was not in his exact words to go screw myself.
krazybronco2
hunter

Postby DUCK-DAWG » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:34 pm

I don't know what these people are thinking...my only guess is that they're going on ebay and seeing the price of used Herters and thinking their cheap plastics are worth alot of money. That guy deserves a swift kick in the nuts for even thinking a BPS decoy is worth $20. I wouldn't pay $20 for the dozen.
DUCK-DAWG
hunter

Postby JoJer » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:58 pm

I'll be unloading (I hope) a bunch of old dekes this summer at my yard sale. Last year I started out to "touch up" the paint on three dozen and ended up doing them all from primer. Not worth the work at the prices plastic decoys go for. I have another 2 1/2 dzn that were donated to our youth hunt group that I repainted and have never been hunted. Next time they get raggedy- sale time- and I'll buy new.
JoJer
hunter

Postby PetriDuck » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:48 pm

I have the pleasure of going through my clubs old decoys this season. More of a self motivated task but i have the go ahead to go through 2 connex boxes on site, and chuck what i want. I was going to try to sell them for side cash for things the club needs but when there is about 2,000 decoys... wheres the dumpster haha :fingerhead:
PetriDuck
hunter

Postby PetriDuck » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:13 pm

Check this one i just found...

http://stockton.craigslist.org/spo/3905097059.html

LoL :fingerhead:
PetriDuck
hunter

Postby whaknstak » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:33 pm

This is the link above
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1373772807845.jpg

Col Jeff Cooper
whaknstak
hunter

Postby WAQuacker » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:57 pm

"To become old and wise, I have to get through this young and dumb phase."

US Navy ET2(SW)
WAQuacker
hunter

Postby BigBlondeBirdDog » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:00 pm

http://kpr.craigslist.org/spo/3900897477.html

I about laughed when I saw this ad, but compared to the ones posted in other comments, HELLLLLLLLLLLL this looks like a STEAL!
: Waterfowl Junkie & Host of "Pacific Flyway Radio"

Ragged Outdoors Pro Staff Drinking Team
Killians Irish Red Pro Staff Drinking Team
Famous Dave's BBQ Rib Tip Platter Phat Boy Team
BigBlondeBirdDog
hunter

Postby Bullfrog26692 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:38 pm

BigBlondeBirdDog wrote:Image

http://kpr.craigslist.org/spo/3900897477.html

I about laughed when I saw this ad, but compared to the ones posted in other comments, HELLLLLLLLLLLL this looks like a STEAL!

Comes out to $1.66 a decoy...that's reasonable where I'm at...plus they are G&H. Am I missing something :huh:
gooosehunter wrote:I dont always shoot ducks, but when I do, it's dos duckies.
Bullfrog26692
hunter

Postby straitkilla02 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:02 pm

Yesterday I bought 500+ used decoys for $450. Most are flambeaus with a few g&h and ghgs mixed in as well as 8 ghg mallard full bodies. I only planned on 5 or 6 dozen but couldnt pass up getting the whole lot for under a $1 a decoy. The way I look at it is $1 for standard decoys and $3 for magnums. Anything less than that is a steal
straitkilla02
hunter

Return to Duck Decoy Forum