Easy repainting tips?

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, Remman, DUKHTR, fowlhunter

Easy repainting tips?

Postby Shotgunner12 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:40 am

Is there any? A buddy gave me a bag of his old decoys (they have definatly seen better days) but they are still definatly usable. They got a few bald spots on em though. Ther are various species. Pintail, mallards, bw teals ( drakes and hens). Any tips would be great. I have no painting skills though. Ha. Wat paints and finishes would i use also?
Hand me some more shells!
Shotgunner12
hunter

Re: Easy repainting tips?

Postby LanceM » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:36 pm

Do a search for painting decoys. There are a lot of good posts on this subject. Decide how detailed you want them to be because they'll range from solid black to looking so good you might shoot them. Good luck!
LanceM
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:35 pm

Dig through my posts. I did a big write up on painting puddlers and divers last summer. It will take your through things step by step.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby BurninPowder » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:12 pm

LanceM wrote:Do a search for painting decoys. There are a lot of good posts on this subject. Decide how detailed you want them to be because they'll range from solid black to looking so good you might shoot them. Good luck!

This actually happened to me last year. My buddy asks "Is that the second drake I shot at?" I reply "I don't know, that's your side of the blind" which is shorty answered by BOOM! :eek: Now that decoy sits atop my gun safe. :no:
BurninPowder
hunter

Return to Duck Decoy Forum