Duck Hunting Forum banner

air lucky decoy

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  atraphead 
#1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone had some personal experience with these decoys. I was just wondering if they held up well since they are just a wind powered spinning decoy. It seems like a good decoy that would last but id just like to hear what ya'll thought any problems you've had or anything like that.

#2 ·
I have the airlucky and the winduk brand of wind powered spinning wing decoys. The airlucky has plastic bushings in the side of the decoy and does not spin as smooth, the winduk has bearings and spins very well with a light wind. If I was to buy another it would be the Winduk but they are a little more expensive.

#5 ·
hmm good points guys. I would like a mojo but i cant afford them and the air lucky is 30 dollars right now. I thought that for 30 bucks it seems like they would be worth a shot but after hearing that the wings dont work well i am having second thouhts. Do the birds seem to lock up to the air lucky or no??

#6 ·
The air lucky will work with a strong wind but will rattle some because of the loose fit in the plastic bushings. I hear you on the price of the Mojo, the Winduk is 30.00 for the cheaper model and 50.00 for the photo print and works very well and quite as it uses bearings, after some time the bearings may begin to rust but so far I have two seasons on one and it is still working.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.