hardcore decoys

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, fowlhunter, Remman, DUKHTR

hardcore decoys

Postby Ztmduckhunter3 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:24 am

Love their new decoys! New paint scheme making them look just as good if not better then every other decoy on the market...not to mention their 3 year paint warrenty. Would highly reccomend them! Any one else use them?
Ztmduckhunter3
hunter

Re: hardcore decoys

Postby Black Smoke » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:27 am

The paint warranty is there for a reason
Black Smoke
hunter

Postby Jonny4523 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:20 pm

Black Smoke wrote:The paint warranty is there for a reason

Confidence in their product?
Jonny4523
hunter

Postby Black Smoke » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:06 am

I am speaking for the full bodies. The plastic is brittle and the paint can wear very easily that is why I wouldn't reccomend them to anyone. Personal experience, I'm not trying to bash them I am just telling you how it is. The one nice thing about them is that they are super lite weight and nice for packing out.
Black Smoke
hunter

Postby OnTheFly7 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:30 pm

Ok, here are my thoughts.....

I was hard up for the HardCore decoys! I really liked what I had seen in pictures, I liked the little bit of an aggressive stance that they have and I liked that they are basically starting over. They have some great looking decoys and they sure are pushing them, trying to get them into people's hands (that is business after all).

What I can say for the HardCore decoys are based on my observations and it can be taken for what it is. Like Black Smoke stated, they are lightweight, which I like, a lot. However, they are thin, real thin. You can push them in in many places and I can only imagine how brittle they may get in sub-freezing temperatures. The Mallards, the Green heads are BRIGHT! A couple of boxes of new decoys that I opened in the store, just about every decoy in each box had paint missing already. The weighted keels, well, they vary. Some decoys had a good amount of weight in them, other decoys seemed to not have any weight in their keels (I mean none) at all. I too liked the fact that they had a paint warranty, but now I wonder why. I am not saying the are junk, I am not saying they are the new be all to end all decoy. They will fit nicely in the middle.

For me personally, after looking at them side by side in the store and knowing that they are improving and adding to their current line of decoys, I am fairly certain I will be running Tanglefree. I am not saying Tanglefree is the greatest decoy, but they sure are not the worst.
OnTheFly7
hunter

Postby Black Smoke » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:31 am

:thumbsup:
Black Smoke
hunter

Postby tornadochaser » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:11 pm

Ztmduckhunter3 wrote:Love their new decoys! New paint scheme making them look just as good if not better then every other decoy on the market...not to mention their 3 year paint warrenty. Would highly reccomend them! Any one else use them?

So what 2013 models do you own?

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2
tornadochaser
hunter

Postby Ztmduckhunter3 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:25 pm

I have their fb geese, ducks, abd floating mallards and black ducks
Ztmduckhunter3
hunter

Postby slayer73 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:48 am

I bought a dozen goose floaters last year off of Rogers site but I can't find anyone that sells them now. Did they discontinue them? The only problem that I have had is that the heads come off easy...they do float so I haven't lost any yet but that is a problem if you want to toss them out. I used a hot glue gun and they have been fine since. I have had no issues with the paint.
slayer73
hunter

Postby tornadochaser » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:22 pm

Ztmduckhunter3 wrote:I have their fb geese, ducks, abd floating mallards and black ducks

Are you a staffer?

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2
tornadochaser
hunter

Postby Justin Weber » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:54 pm

Im glad you are enjoying these decoys. I'll stick with my GHG's!
Avery Pro-Staff
Justin Weber
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:29 pm

Black Smoke wrote:I am speaking for the full bodies. The plastic is brittle and the paint can wear very easily that is why I wouldn't reccomend them to anyone. Personal experience, I'm not trying to bash them I am just telling you how it is. The one nice thing about them is that they are super lite weight and nice for packing out.

plastic brittle? I have had no trouble out of my Harcore FB geese or ducks. Paint is far better than Final Approach and GHG's and the plastic is Stronger than Final approach's. my Hard core full bodies are just fine while my FA decoys are cracked. I have one FA goose that has a hole in it, cracked and missing more paint than all of my hard cores combined.

out of GHG, final approach, Hard core, Dakota. theHhard cores and Dakotas are the only deocys I have that I havent had at least one crack.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
hunter

Postby Ztmduckhunter3 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:49 pm

Yes I do staff for them, but I def stand beside their decoys staff of not. I love all decoys idc what they are but hardcores are just light and durable and a lot of the places I hunt the farmers dont want you driving in their fields...and if hot gle doesnt work to hold the heads on use pvc glue works wonders...also cabelas and gander should have hardcore floatets and all their products bass pro is another belig retail store that carries hardcore
Ztmduckhunter3
hunter

Postby Husker44 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:39 pm

I bought a dozen and love them....goose floaters....best I ever had I would bye them again...
Husker44
hunter

Return to Duck Decoy Forum