more than one spinner?

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, Remman, DUKHTR, fowlhunter

more than one spinner?

Postby NS39340 » Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:08 pm

im thinkin of gettin another spinner i was just curious if it makes a big difference to have more than one......ive seen some guys with 6 in there spreak :toofunny: well anyway i generally hunt a big public lake and was wondering if it would be benificial to get another one
NS39340
hunter

Postby donell67 » Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:00 pm

cant hurt, i bought 2 when the craze started, they seemed to be more affective than just one. dont use them much here now the locals are wize to them. when we get migrators they respond pretty good. but that doesnt happen very often anymore.
donell67
Forum & State Moderator

Postby ks_waterfowler » Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:41 pm

Everybody uses at least one. Take a 360 look around and you will see usually one in every spread. We put out 4 one day and had a greaat hunt. I personally have 3 and my buddy has 2. Ducks figure out pretty quick that one robo means death. Until they outlaw them here, I need it to compete with the rich city guyz.

If it is usually just you hunting and no competition, then you might as well stick with your one. If you need a place to pick on up cheap shoot me a PM and I will tell you where to get a baby mojo shipped to your door for $63
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby ARMallardSlayer » Sun Dec 26, 2004 12:27 pm

I saw some dopes on TV put out 9 robos......... :toofunny:
If you can't work em in close & git em in yo face with their orange langing gear down, don't bother takin the safety off!
ARMallardSlayer
hunter

Postby mallardhunter » Sun Dec 26, 2004 10:20 pm

I have tried 3. It don't make it much better after you get one out in the spread.
Keep working millions on welfare depend on you!!!
If hunting is a sport I am the M.V.P.
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

the right spot

Postby tastieanimals » Mon Dec 27, 2004 8:14 pm

I have seen that it does not matter. If you have a spot the duck like they will come with a mojo, one or ten. I hunt public hunting and everyone has one or many. If you are in the "spot" you maynot even need one but it will not hurt. Like the old days all that matters is the spot if everything else is about equal.
tastieanimals
hunter

the right spot

Postby tastieanimals » Mon Dec 27, 2004 8:14 pm

I have seen that it does not matter. If you have a spot the duck like they will come with a mojo, one or ten. I hunt public hunting and everyone has one or many. If you are in the "spot" you maynot even need one but it will not hurt. Like the old days all that matters is the spot if everything else is about equal.
tastieanimals
hunter

the right spot

Postby tastieanimals » Mon Dec 27, 2004 8:15 pm

tastieanimals
hunter

Re: the right spot

Postby ARMallardSlayer » Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:04 am

tastieanimals wrote:I have seen that it does not matter. If you have a spot the duck like they will come with a mojo, one or ten. I hunt public hunting and everyone has one or many. If you are in the "spot" you maynot even need one but it will not hurt. Like the old days all that matters is the spot if everything else is about equal.

Where do you live?

Down here, robos don't work all that well because the ducks have seen millions of them on their way down......
If you can't work em in close & git em in yo face with their orange langing gear down, don't bother takin the safety off!
ARMallardSlayer
hunter

sorry

Postby tastieanimals » Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:53 pm

dont know how it was sent 3 times. I live in missouri, the spot counts. on a normal day I can seen 5 or 6 hunting parties from where I hunt and if you are not where the ducks want to be, hope that party limits out and you are the first one to fill it.
tastieanimals
hunter

Postby donell67 » Tue Dec 28, 2004 8:04 pm

you probly hit the submit button. 3 times.
donell67
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Rat Creek » Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:11 am

It does matter. I know it is simply anecdotal evidence, but we went “pure” last season and didn’t use Robos. We also had a terrible season. Each club around us had at least one spinner running. Some had up to four running.

This year, we took the low road and put out either one or two spinners each time, and had a good season. Again, this is anecdotal and not a sophisticated study of all the variables, but I can assure you that our shooting skill was no better and our calling is probably as suspect as ever.

Until they outlaw the spinner, we believe we have no choice when we are surrounded others deploying the same tactic.
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby travo » Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:07 pm

i noticed that by having the remote and being able to turn it off makes a big difference. when the ducks are circling, after robo has called attention to your spread, wait until the ducks are overhead on thier first pass and turn it off. it doesnt work all the time, but i have noticed a difference.
junior member of ODHA,incorrigible
travo
hunter

Postby texan68 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:15 pm

I wish they would ban them all together.
texan68
hunter

Postby DawgMD » Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:34 am

They attract more game wardens than ducks! And of course if your in view of a well travelled road, every Tom, **** and Harry has to slow down and look and then usually shows up at 3am the next morning to take your hunting spot. Motorized spinners were outlawed here in Washington State - biggest mistake the Game Department made!!!! Now they have actually find you with their ears and spotting scope!
DawgMD
hunter

Postby Duckhunter16 » Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:12 pm

The thing I noticed was that if you are in a low hunted area 1 or two will work real well, but if you have a lot of hunter I myself don't like to use them. I also won't even think about using it late in season. I watched a bunch of guy hunting with 3 of them and every bird that saw them flared off. But then agin early this season we had about 30 greenheads come into us and we where using a motorized one and a Air lucky duck.
IF IT FLIES IT DIES

I am a member of peta
People Eating Tasty Animals
Duckhunter16
hunter

Return to Duck Decoy Forum