Higdon Ringneck Decoys

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, DUKHTR, fowlhunter, Remman

Higdon Ringneck Decoys

Postby Chattflorida » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:27 pm

I have been looking at buying some ringneck decoys and was pretty dead set on GHG until I saw the higdon ringnecks. My question is I noticed that there are two different versions to the higdons a standard and a standard foam filled the standard ringnecks are $5 cheaper than the foam filled is there really any noticible difference between a foam filled decoy and one that isn't. If I ended up getting the foam filled decoys would they be worth the five extra dollars?
Chattflorida
hunter

Re: Higdon Ringneck Decoys

Postby Black Smoke » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:09 am

Check out the Tanglefree Ringnecks. They are foam filled and are around $65 (6) direct from their website. Really nice dekes.

http://www.tanglefree.com/products/pro- ... n-ringneck
Black Smoke
hunter

Postby Shade » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:21 am

The biggest difference is durability. Mainly, if you shoot a foam filled decoy.... It won't sink. I bought a dozen of these decoys myself... And went on Higdons website and ordered a dozen foam filled blue bill and half a dozen foam filled wood ducks as well. I have had their foam filled super magnum "Battleship" mallard decoys for a year as well. I am a big fan of foam filled decoys because I am a notorious serial decoy killer...
Shade,
Yard Buck pro-staff trainee
Shade
hunter

Postby Chattflorida » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:26 am

Ok thanks I really appreciate the help. I think that I'm probably gonna just go with the standard ringnecks instead of the foam filled since they're a little cheaper and I'm wanting to buy about 4 dozen. I'll just have to be really careful not to shoot them and if I do I'll make sure to silicone them up when I get home. Are the GHG ringnecks foam filled because that's what I've used so far I just don't have very many and the higdons are $10 per 6 cheaper than GHG. I looked at getting the tanglefree ringnecks but I can get a dozen of the higdons cheaper than what 6 of the tanglefrees cost and the higdons look way better in my opinion.
Chattflorida
hunter

Postby Black Smoke » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:39 pm

They're foamfilled thats why
Black Smoke
hunter

Return to Duck Decoy Forum