Green Head decoys

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, Remman, DUKHTR, fowlhunter

Green Head decoys

Postby thaner » Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:45 pm

Any one have the hot buy green head decoys or the next size up ones with the finish that they say won't rub, scratch, or ware off? How do you like them and how is the finish?
More ammo! I need to shoot something!
thaner
hunter

Postby 98ramtough » Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:47 pm

Hot buys are great for the money. Best decoy you can find for the price. Anything above that, I say is TRASH! If you are going to get a GHG product, stick with hotbuys.

Do a search on here for GHG decoys, lots of guys have problems with the lifesize and oversize series. I have also seen a few hotbuys crack right out of the box.

Mike
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Postby thaner » Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:24 pm

98ramtough

Must not have looked as good as I though. Just checked them out. Looks like a contested issue. My friend just got his first doz. and I kind of talked him into trying the standards because of the claims in the Cabela add for the finish and how good they looked. Well it's just a doz. so we'll see. Maybe a little abuse test is in order. With the price of the hot buys maybe we will just pick up some of those until we get really serious and spend a little less time in the trees.

Thanks
More ammo! I need to shoot something!
thaner
hunter

Return to Duck Decoy Forum