Best bag ever!

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, Remman, DUKHTR, fowlhunter

Best bag ever!

Postby Robberwood » Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:43 am

Best idea ive ever had. I took an old hiking alluminum frame pack, cut the pack off of it, and used about 30 zip ties and strapped a decoy bag on it. Carries anything from decoys to accessories and has all the waist and shoulder straps! Works awesome and love it! Decoys dont sit on my butt or rub against each other and make a lot of noise because they are nice and secure against the frame! Hope this helps out some people because it has worked so great for me! :salude:
"Dont land over there!"
So what time are they suppose to show up?
Robberwood
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:56 pm

You are right--a good frame makes a difference. I use Cabels high end duck decoy bag that has a padded straps and back so there is no decoys rubbing into my back. :thumbsup:
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby donell67 » Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:56 pm

yeah i have some final approach bags real nice for packing dekes.the new wide mouth bag made by them is awesome.
donell67
Forum & State Moderator

Postby mallardhunter » Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:03 pm

I should get a padded one so the decoys don't dig into my back too, because that sucks when that happens. I just use a cheap wal-mart bag from GHG. I just bought a new bag it was suppose to hold about 4-5doz decoys, but it broke on the first day I used it, It broke because it isn't made for that many decoys.
Keep working millions on welfare depend on you!!!
If hunting is a sport I am the M.V.P.
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Postby huntmq1 » Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:10 am

What bag are you guys using that is "great"? I have GHG, the big camo ones with shoulder straps, upper chest strap and belly strap and they still kick my butt! They hang down and beat the hell out of my calves and my hips. And NO I'm not a midget! :toofunny:
huntmq1
hunter

bag problems

Postby Robberwood » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:05 am

Just buy or use an old alluminum frame backpack. One that has waist and shoulder straps. Cut off or remove the old bag from it. Take your decoy bag (any will do) and strap it onto the frame using some zip ties. Make sure the bottom of the bag is strapped no further than the bottom of the frame that way it holds the bag all the way off of your butt and calves! This works great. I have about 5 bags made even one that holds a dozen supermags to one that holds a dozen regulars and they all work great!
Hope this helps and if u need any more help just send a pm! :thumbsup:
"Dont land over there!"
So what time are they suppose to show up?
Robberwood
hunter

Floating bag

Postby Takemhigh » Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:09 pm

Cabela's floating bag w/padded straps uper chest strap and lower waist strap is awesome check themo out. about 40 bucks well worth it.
Takemhigh
Newb

Postby huntmq1 » Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:41 pm

I saw that bag today, it looks great and the idea of getting an old military pack frame is a great idea also. I've also looked at the "sleds" made of plastic. Does anyone own one or used one? How are they, they look pretty neat.
huntmq1
hunter

Return to Duck Decoy Forum