Victor majestic decoy's

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, DUKHTR, fowlhunter, Remman

Victor majestic decoy's

Postby thaner » Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:34 pm

Someone gave me 6 mallard decoys. They have removable heads and weighted keels. They say “victor” over a duck that says “majestic decoys”. It also says something like “American ………trap manufacturer”. I can read it, just forgot and don’t feel like digging them out of the barn right now. They have kind of drab colors, but it looks like a color fast finish and not paint. Their in good condition and a little smaller than my full size decoys.

Anyone have any info about them?
More ammo! I need to shoot something!
thaner
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:02 pm

Animal Trap Co made them as in Victor brand foot hold traps used for fox, etc..

They could be worth some $, more than the hunting value, meaning collectable value. I suggest doing a google search, and maybe an ebay search too.

There are different decoy shows across the US, maybe there is one in your area. Is there a bif outdoors store near where you live--ask then if they know of one of a state decoy collectors assn.
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby thaner » Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:51 pm

I already checked ebay and found a D-10 hen with swivel head that looked just like the hens I have. I don't know where you get the number I couldn't find it any ware on the decoys. Does anyone have a book that has info like when they were made or an original pic. I think they are original paint and in good condition from what I can tell. Maybe a little faded.

h2ofwlr thanks for the info, I will try some of the other sorces. I was going to hunt them next year, but now maybe I should just keep them on the shelf in the shop.
More ammo! I need to shoot something!
thaner
hunter

Postby travo » Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:50 pm

ive got a few really old victor decoys too. i got them when i bought out a whole collection a few years back. they are really neat looking, i still use em. kind of a mettalic sheen to the green paint, like a mallard has on his head. not a bad idea.
junior member of ODHA,incorrigible
travo
hunter

Return to Duck Decoy Forum